Saturday 2 April 2022

Allsorts Challenge #670


Good morning everyone,

It's Saturday so it's time for another weekly Allsorts Challenge. This week Brenda has chosen the theme, which is

*** Any ‘real’ animal ***

So we would love to see any domestic, farmyard or even wild animals … but sadly no dragons or unicorns this week 😀

We have a super prize this week of 2 Lavinia stamps -  Guinevere and Shoal of Fishes :




Here's my card for this week.


I decided to take the opportunity to motor on with another spring/Easter card, using another old much-loved but sadly neglected Penny Black stamp.  My original intention was to produce a card using my old faithful PB cat holding a bunch of daffodils, but I couldn't find him anywhere !! However this bunny is so adorable it wasn’t too much of a hardship to turn to him instead 😀 ... and in the evening I found my spring pussycat!!😀

I stamped my image and coloured it with Promarkers, then cut out with my new stitched hexagon dies and sponged the edges with Distress Oxide ink. These dies arrived yesterday after a long trip from China via Amazon … I have recently bought a few of these sets as I didn’t have any stitched dies but can’t really shoulder the cost of UK dies on top of all my other recent crafty spending! The main problem with these Chinese dies is that they come all connected, and separating them leaves sharp spikes which poke a small hole in your cardstock (and potentially your fingers!!). I need to get my husband to clip them somehow, but of course I couldn’t wait so there is a li’l hole amongst my grass!! 

I used some papers from my stash for matting and also created a punched border. I also added a couple of die cut flowers and a leaf swirl, stamped my sentiment and cut that into another stitched hexagon. Lastly I used a couple of heart gems to disguise the little hole in my small hexagon 😀

Stamps: Penny Black - What a Spring! (2557K); sentiment - Uniko Spring Botanicals - Snowdrop;
Media: Promarkers and Flexmarkers; Tim Holtz Distress Oxide ink (Mowed Lawn);
Tools: stitched hexagon dies from Amazon; Joy! crafts Vintage Flourishes flower dies (6003/0024); Magnolia Doohickeys Heart Swirl Branch; Martha Stewart Woodland Vine punch;
Papers and gems from my stash.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Classic Design Challenge #4 2022 - Anything Goes (6th Birthday Challenge)
Colour Crazy #13 2022 - Anything Goes With Colouring
❤️ Promarkers #507 - Anything Goes with option Use a Die or Punch - TOP 3
My Time To Craft #478 - 3 or More Layers
Passion For Markers #634 - In the Garden - TOP 5
Penny Black Saturday Challenge (April) - Anything Goes with option Easter
Retro Rubber #179 - Groovy Baby!
(I have used bright yellow, bright pink and bright green ... and my PB bunny stamp is at least 10 years old!)
Sheepski #61 - Let’s Be Cute!
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Anything Goes

looking forward to seeing your entries this week - don't forget to visit the challenge blog to see more fab inspiration from the rest of the team. Enjoy your weekend, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

17 comments:

brenda said...

Everything about this pretty card say's Spring Pauline, so fresh and welcoming.

B x

Sarn said...

Aww this is ADORABLE. Lovely layout and colouring.
Happy Saturday! x

Linby said...

This is just adorable! Love your pretty layout too.

Ellibelle said...

One of my favorite Penny Black spring/Easter stamps and your card turned out so beautifully! The pastel colors are so pretty and a beautiful design!

Heather said...

Oh gosh, Pauline - such a pretty Easter card! These are such super sweet images, and your coloring is so perfect! I even like the touches of sparkle, lol. Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

Linda Mc Enery said...

Your image is utterly adorable and your Spring colours have brought it to life. Love your use of hexagons (they give a beehive feel to your card, which fits right in with your Spring theme). Hope you get those sharp little connectors taken care of. Beautiful die cuts. Thanks for sharing this with us at Passion for Markers!
Linda

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Lovely Spring themed card Pauline, the image is so cute and I love the delicate patterned papers you have used too.
Lorraine

NGCARDS said...

A gorgeous Spring card hun, I love the cute image and fresh colours! Thanks for the heads up about the challenge, I've added my card into it :) xxx

Corrie Herriman said...

Beautiful Spring card! Thanks for joining us for the April Spring challenge over at Country View Challenges.
Corrie x

Crafty KJ said...

This is just too cute! A gorgeous image and your colouring is fab. Love the stitched die and all your embellishments coordinate so perfectly! Thanks for sharing at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Karen x

Mervi said...

Gorgeous spring card, lovely image and beautiful colouring;-))m

Tracy said...

I love your springtime creation with the very cute image.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Claire Grantham said...

What a pretty springtime card, I love it, Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

creative lady said...

Cute card! Love all the elements on the card. Thanks for playing with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

ILEANA ARTUFFO said...

Wonderful creation! I love design and sweet image!
Thanks for playing at I Love Promarkers Challenge.
Ileanaxx

rachel said...

Supercute! Love this! Thanks for joining the challenge this month at Countryview Challenges and good luck in the Draw! Hugs rachel xx

Helen said...

This is adorable Pauline - love the pastel colours too!
Thanks for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
Helen x