Friday 8 April 2022

You're the Bestest!


I recently spotted that this month's We love Stamping challenge theme is "Stamp of the Moment", and that was what inspired today's card using this adorable Penny Black kitty stamp called "you're the Bestest!". 

So why is this my stamp of the moment?? Well there are three reasons ... he is one of my all time favourite Penny Black stamps as there is something just so joyful about him; secondly he is obviously perfect for spring and Easter cards right now; and thirdly (and critically) ... last week I thought I had lost him!!! I was looking for him to make an Easter card and couldn't find him anywhere - I turned out every box of wooden stamps I've got, and no joy! Only later did I realise my mistake, which is doubtless due to the fact  I only came back to crafting last summer so haven't inked up this little guy for a long time ... I have him not as a traditional wood mounted stamp but as a cling ... and I found him nestling in one of my boxes of unmounted stamps completely by chance! How happy was I?? So I just had to ink him up and here is the result.


I stamped my image and coloured with Promarkers and Flexmarkers, then softened the sky by dabbing with rubbing alcohol and a cotton bud. I die cut my image using a stitched square, and sponged Distress Oxide ink round the edges.  I layered up some gingham paper that I had edged with some faux stitching using my pokey tool and a black fine liner, with some green and yellow card, then decorated with jute and green ribbons. I matted my image panel onto the gingham paper then finished off by decorating with a stamped sentiment,  die cut and punched butterflies and a trio of sparkly gems.

The large butterfly is very sparkly and the small butterflies are gold mirror card which looks very dark in the main photo ... here is an angled pic.


Stamps: Penny Black "You're the Bestest!"; sentiment - unknown;
Media: Promarkers and Flexmarkers; Tim Holtz Distress Oxide ink (Mowed Lawn);
Tools: Magnolia Doohickey Butterfly Dreams die; X-Cut small butterflies punch; stitched square die from Amazon;
Paper, ribbons and gems from my stash.

Challenges I would like to enter: 

Country View Challenges (April) - Spring Is Coming (3rd entry)
Dragonfly Dreams (April) - Spring/Easter
Penny Black Saturday Challenge (April) - Anything Goes option Easter (3rd entry)
Simon Says (Monday) - Easter/Spring (2nd entry)
(Penny Black stamps, spring, daffodils)
 Try It on Tuesday - Spring Colours (2nd entry) - TOP 5
We love Stamping (April) - Stamp of the Moment

It's been a pretty busy crafty week with posts coming along like buses ... I'll be back tomorrow with my card for the new Allsorts challenge.

Take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

15 comments:

Diane said...

He is absolutely just the cutest stamp, fabulously created card! Thank you for joining our challenge fun at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}
{Double D}
Don't forget we have a year round Halloween challenge at Two Old Bats Halloween, giving you a chance to make Halloween cards year round, and with 50 or more players we have a prize to give away!
{Two Old Bats}

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Oh, your card is adorable! Love this cutie from PB and I can see why he is a favourite from you! Really he put a smile on my face, how sweet and cheerful! Lovely design as well!
Thanks so much for joining us at We Love Stamping April challenge!

Crafting Queen said...

Glad you found your image. Love this card, beautifully coloured. Thanks for joining Stamping Sensations and We Love Stamping. Anesha

Ellibelle said...

Isn't it so stressful when we lose stamps!! I've been there too last week. Lost a small clear sentiment stamp that I had just on the desk minutes before and was getting ready to use, searched every place I could think of (even inside ink pad lids and the trash can) and finally found it stuck to a package of dies I had put away. Wasted lots of good crafting time looking for it LOL.

Your card is so beautiful and I just love how you colored it - one of my favorite PB's too. Using alcohol and a cotton ball to soften the sky is such a great idea! And I love all your pretty embellishments! So nice to see you sharing this month at my Crafty Wednesday challenge too!

Darlene said...

Oh Pauline this is just adorable! Great coloring & design! Love the faux stitching too! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Easter’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

P.S. Your awesome creation would also fit perfectly in our SPRING themed challenge over on our FOUR SEASONS CHALLENGE. We’d love to have you come share & inspire!

Ella's Design said...

Love your Springtime colour palette and fabulous colouring of that cute Penny Black image, Pauline!
Thanks for playing along with my challenge this week at Passion for Markers! Lisa x

brenda said...

So pleased you found him Paine as he is adorable and such a pretty card and very tactile with the added elements, many thanks for sharing a favourite stamp with us at We Love Stamping challenge.

B x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This is a gorgeous Easter card Pauline using this cute little kitty image - so glad you found him again.
Thank you for joining in our challenge at Passion for Markers too.
Lorraine

Corrie Herriman said...

Gorgeous card with lovely Spring colours. Thank you so much for playing along with us in our April "Spring" challenge over at Country View Challenges. Corrie x

The Crafty Den said...

What a beautiful card Pauline. The PB image is so sweet and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

Leanne said...

Such a wonderful card, love the coloring of the image, and the layout is very nicely done. Thank you for playing our Stamp Act Challenge this week at Krafty Chicks Challenge.
Have a great day and happy crafting.

PS could you put on your blog our link for the challenge entered, please.

Leanne DT Member/KCC
Krafty Chicks Challenge

Kathy Krug said...

Wonderful layers, texture and dimension, I love it. Thanks for sharing with us at Double D Challenge Blog. We hope you join us again.
Kathy
DD DT

Jane said...

Such a pretty spring card.Thanks for joining us over at country view challenges xx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my this is absolutely top notch Pauline I love, love the stamp you have used also the wonderful spring time papers a truly beautiful card thank you for joining us at WE LOVE STAMPING
hugs
lolo x

Mervi said...

How have I missed this, sorry.
Stunning and gorgeous card.
Thank you for sharing at We Love Stamping April Challenge;-))m