Monday 11 April 2022

Daffodil in bloom


Hi there,

After such a beautiful sunny spring weekend here in the UK I thought I would post another Easter card that I recently made, again using my fab new Uniko daffodil  but trying something different with the background this time.


I cut a square of white card and created a smoosh background with Distress Oxide ink by dabbing it onto acetate, spritzing with water and then "splodging" onto my card. Brenda recommends this and it did seem to give an effect I was pleased with ... my only problem right now is a shortage of suitable acetate!!  

Anyhoo ... I did some 2nd generation background stamping of words with VFC, and some stencilling with my new Lavinia flower stencil. I had seen a video by Corrie stencilling with white acrylic paint on a green background with a statement spring flower, so I thought I'd try something inspired by a similar concept.. I only have a mini tube of acrylic paint which isn't exactly optic white and the stencilling ended up looking a little bit grungy, but I think I actually like that. I stamped my daffodil and coloured with Promarkers, then fussy cut and attached to the background panel. Lastly I stamped a large vertical sentiment (where the letters were well spaced) then cut each letter out separately and edged with a green Promarker before attaching to the image panel, which I then matted onto two colours of green card.

Stamps: Uniko Spring Botanicals - Daffodil; Lavinia - Words of Spring; sentiment - See-D;
Media: Promarkers; Tim Holtz Distress Oxide ink (Mowed Lawn); Versafine Clair (Rainforest); white acrylic paint;
Tools: Lavinia flower mask.

Challenges I would like to enter: 

Ally's Angels #57 - Anything Goes
Classic Design Challenge #4 2022 - Anything Goes (6th Birthday Challenge) (4th entry)
Country View Challenges (April) Spring Is Coming (4th entry)
Creatalicious #232 - Anything Goes with option Easter
Double D ChallengeEaster (2nd entry)
Dragonfly Dreams (April) - Spring/Easter (2nd entry)
Get Creative #110 - Springtime (2nd entry)
(watercolour distress oxide background)
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
 
Hope you all had a lovely weekend with the sunny weather - we had a couple of great walks in the Derbyshire countryside and visited the fab brand new sculpture exhibition in the park of Chatsworth House. This one was my favourite - "Wings of Glory" - its wings do actually move as if it is flying but sadly we didn't see it in action ... I hope I will though!


Take care and thanks for visiting today.
Hugs,

8 comments:

Tone K. said...

Really beautiful :)
Thanks a lot for joining us at Creatalicious! :)

brenda said...

A lovely sunny card to reflect your weekend weather Pauline, nothing quite like a Daffodil to make a cheerful card.

Please you liked doing the 'splodged' background, might need to copyright that one! If you are looking for a heavier weight acetate which does give more control adding ink to cardstock I recently bought a pack of 25 A5 by Crafters Companion which is a lovely weight. Also great for alcohol inks (no I'm not trying to enable another 'need' product of course).

B x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Ooh I love this, I bought some watercolour card to have a go at smooshing

Diane said...

Beautiful daffodil card! Thank you for joining our fun at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}
{Double D}
Don't forget we have a year round Halloween challenge at Two Old Bats Halloween, giving you a chance to make Halloween cards year round, and with 50 or more players we have a prize to give away!
{Two Old Bats}

Sarn said...

Gorgeous background and statement daff.
Looks like you enjoyed the trip to Chatsworth - fab statue. Xx

Darlene said...

WOW! This is absolutely beautiful! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Easter’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

P.S. Your awesome creation would also fit perfectly in our SPRING themed challenge over on our FOUR SEASONS CHALLENGE. We’d love to have you come share & inspire!

Craftyfield said...

Lovely spring colours, perfect for our theme at Country View Challenges this month! Thanks for playing with us.

Corrie Herriman said...

It's gorgeous ! Thank you so much for joining our April "spring colours/things" challenge over at Country View Challenges! Corrie xx