Wednesday, 31 December 2008
Monday, 29 December 2008
Friday, 26 December 2008
I hope everyone has had a wonderful Christmas Day with family and friends, and that you are all relaxing this Boxing Day. I had a fab family Christmas with my husband and parents yesterday, and today I am really relaxing.
I'd just love to say Happy Christmas to all my blogging buddies, and to thank everyone who has visited my blog this year and left such lovely comments. I love visiting so many blogs it is too numerous to mention, and I hope to carry on visiting all my new bloggy friends and getting more inspiration into 2009.
Many heartfelt thanks to all my blogging and non-blogging crafty friends who have sent me a gorgeous selection of Christmas cards, which I have made into a slideshow above : that is to say
- my PBFC friends Angi, Carol, Cathy, Helen, Jo, Kaz, Mand, Samantha, Sue (of Sutton), Sue (Rachelsmum), Shaz, Uma; not forgetting Squirrel who was kind enough to send a card even though she didn't feel up to making them this year (hope you are soon feeling more bushy tailed hun!!)
- my dear new blogging buddies Sharon and Emma
- my non-blogging crafty friends Clare and Lil
- my husband's colleague's daughter Michelle
I would also love to thank Emma and Helen for the gorgeous gifts they have sent me .. the beautiful beaded bracelet from Emma and the fantastic bookmark with charms from Helen. You are both so thoughtful and talented I was quite overwhelmed!!
Last but by no means least, thanks to Tracie for inviting me to join the DT for the Penny Black Saturday Challenge back in November which was like a dream come true ... I'm really looking forward to getting to know the rest of the DT better during 2009 and getting into a whole new set of challenges :-) - so Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year to Beth, Carole, Debbie, Domi, Jackie, Jacqui, Kath, Marcea, Nat & Tracie.
So now the Chrimbo stamps and papers can go away for another year (including any I might be tempted to buy in the sales LOL!) .. let a Happy New Year of crafting begin !!
Saturday, 20 December 2008
Although this is an example of my "earlier work" I've always kinda liked it ... hope you do too!!
Friday, 19 December 2008
Sunday, 14 December 2008
Saturday, 13 December 2008
For this week's challenge it's time to get cookin' with your PB's, because the theme is
Recipe: 3,2,1 (3 flowers, 2 papers, 1 Ribbon).
As always you can make whatever you like to fulfil this challenge, so long as it contains at least one Penny Black stamp or stickeroo. Hope you will find time to pop along to the other DT members' blogs as their designs are sure to provide some inspiration.
Talking of Stickeroos, this week's fab prize is two sheets of stickeroos ... so what are you waiting for?? Let your creative juices create a great recipe!!
Here is the card I made for the challenge: no surprise it is another Christmas card LOL! I used an image from the PB Transparent set "Christmas Critters" coloured with watercolour pencils and matted onto matte red mirri card cut with my nesties. The sentiment is by Stamps Away matted in the same way, and the iridescent red/green ribbon is from my local craft shop. I particularly chose the image to co-ordinate with the background paper that is printed with words from carols, though alas both the papers are from my stash and i don't know the make. Flowers are from Prima Christmas bubbles, with silver, gold and antique bronze brads by Papermania.
Have a good weekend everyone :-)
Friday, 12 December 2008
Blue always tends to feature quite heavily in my Christmas cards, so I would like to enter the first two cards last minute for this week's One Stop Craft Challenge #7, which is ...er ... something blue ! LOL!!
My third card falls in reasonably nicely with the theme of this week's Stamp Something Challenge, which is red, gold and green.
Thursday, 11 December 2008
Have a great day Dawny :-)
Wednesday, 10 December 2008
One 10 * 15cm piece of white pearlised card
One snowflake brad>
Approx 0.5 m of blue ribbon edged with silver
One small white paper flower
Use at least something of each of the above items
Three of the four paper patterns must be visible
Use at least one Penny Black stamp or stickeroo.
1. The card is for my "bits & pieces" challenge, as above. I used all the elements in the package, and both my main image and sentiment are PB. I coloured the main image with watercolour pencils and red H2O, and glittered the "fluffy bits" of the hat with pee wee glitter.
2. PTW is Dawny's Sketch #4 - fab sketch, and the curved bottom edge made me think of snowdrifts so i ripped and glittered the bottom edge accordingly.
3. BasicGrey Challenge #14 is Oh So Charming - I felt that the gorgeous snowflake charm nicely filled the gap beneath the ribbon in accordance with the sketch layout. My papers are of course BG "Figgy Pudding".
4. Talking of snowflakes ....Everybody-Art Challenge #17 is snowflakes ... so I used a double whammy with the charm and the brad.
5. This week's Secret Crafter Challenge #10 is embossing - the photo doesn't show it very well, but the sentiment is embossed wtih detail silver powder.
6. ArtyGirlz Challenge 64 is my favourite medium. Well that's a hard one for me as I love watercolour pencils, H2O's and glitter ... so I used all three!!
7. Cute Card Thursday #39 is hearts ... not so difficult to incorporate on a Christmas card as it's a lovey dovey image, so I have got a heart in the sentiment and another heart crystal gem decorating the the flower.
8.Last but by no means least ... this week's ABC Challenge is U for Underneath. OK, so this is a bit of a stretch, but in order to hit the magic number 8 I would say that my snowflake charm is hanging underneath the ribbon & the paper is underneath the image ... need I go on LOL??
Hope you like it :-)
Saturday, 6 December 2008
Thanks very much to everyone who joined in last week - it was amazing to see just how imaginative everyone could be when forced to work with no patterned paper! Don't forget to call by the challenge blog later to see who won the gorgeous embellishment box prize so kindly donated by Tracie.
Without further ado, let's get onto this week's challenge, which is Sketch 4 - created by Beth.
I used: PB image gifted to me by my crafting friend Karen called "Cheesecake Parade", coloured with watercolour pencils and the flowers decorated with seed pearls. Sentiment is by Stamps Away; background papers by BasicGrey "Two Scoops"; flowers by Prima; ribbon from Hobbycraft; gems by Papermania. The central paper strip was matted onto pink pearlescent card punched with my Multishaper punch.
Tuesday, 2 December 2008
The first two were both intended to be identical cards that would follow this week's sketch over at Friday Sketchers ... a fab sketch cos it is is very simple and so gives lots of flexibility as to where you put your greeting, embellishments etc. However, for one of them I started to assemble it and then reaised I'd worked in the wrong order, so the paper layout isn't quite right ...oops!! Good job I had decided to make 2 really, as I didn't make the same mistake with the second one!!