Sunday, 30 November 2008
Ruby is offering a yummy selection of goodies to celebrate her first 1,000 hits - visit her befroe 30/11 to check it out.
Cathrine is offering a gorgeous Rachelle Anne Miller stamp plus some other goodies if you visit her and leave a comment before 1/12
Joanne is celebrating 2500 hits with the most adorable FF Christmas stamp set giveaway - her candy offer ends 3/12 so now is a good time to check her blog out :-)
Bev is offering a gorgeous WOJ stamp donated by Katharina plus some fabulous "pink Christmas" goodies - her cards are just stunning so i suggest you get over there straight away and say hello.. before 4/12
Ila is offering 2 fab packs of stamps, papers and more if you visit and tell her your favourite Xmas film or song .. by 4/12
Claire is offering a stunning array of candy inclusing stamps, BG papers, images .. the list goes on .. to celebrate a massive 36,000 hits in one year - how impressive is that?? Congratualtions, and I suggest you get over there to cehck her blog out before 14/12
Saturday, 29 November 2008
Without further ado, this week's challenge is no patterned paper - so everyone can continue to stroke their paper stash instead of cutting into it, whist we look forward to seeing all your creations with whatever other forms of decoration your imagination can come up with :-) be sure to pop over to the blog to check out the other DT sample cards - they are a fantastic source of inspiration!
Friday, 28 November 2008
My first S is this week's Spoon Full of Sugar #27 which is a sketch - this was great to work with, and my first card follows it pretty exactly - the only difference on my second card is the one flower instead of two.
My second S is for this week's ABC Challenge , which is S is for Snow. I just love the little mouse floating to earth on a snowflake, and of course my background paper and flower centre brads are also snowflakes ... overall the whole thing's a bit snowflake mad!!
My third S is for Lili of the Valley Challenge #10 which is Sprinke and Sparkle - well, I decorated the image snowflake and the flowers with Stickles glitter glue; the background paper is very sparkly (much moreso than the photo picks up); and the matted card is holographic tiny circles (tip ladies - it is a recycled Asda tissue box LOL!)
Last but not least my card's colour theme is lilac - which I specicfically chose for this week's Cute Card Thursday #38.
Talking of lilac, the third card I made was my Penny Black Saturday Challenge DT card which I can't publish until tomorrow, but here's a wee teaser (ooh the intrigue!). But just so you don't play Sherlock and get ahead of yourselves, the PB theme is NOT lilac LOL .. you'll have to pop over there tomorrow to find out what it is ;-)
Thanks for looking and have a good weekend.
Main image -Penny Black "Xmouse Ornament" coloured with watercolour pencils and Stickles; sentiment - Stamps Away; paper - Forever Friends "Christmas Glow" (plain lilac) and Carole Wilson Fine Arts (sparkly snowflakes); ribbon - Hobbycraft; flowers - Prima (2 flowers); W H Smith (1 flower); snowflake brads - Dovecraft.
Wednesday, 26 November 2008
Tuesday, 25 November 2008
Sunday, 23 November 2008
Of course with Christmas looming so fast there are a number of Christmas themed challenges on the go right now, which means I was able to tie this card in to three other challenges, namely
- Papertake Weekly, which is Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow
- Cute Card Thursday #37, which is snow and snowflakes
- Rainbow Lady #40, which is snowman
I used: main image - Sugar Nellie snowman kindly given to me by Cathy (I really must buy a ccouple of these stamps!); sentiment - Rubber Soul; papers - BasicGrey "figgy pudding"; white sparkly ricrac and coloured gems by Papermania; snowflake diecuts by Cuttlebug; sparkly white brad by Doodlebug.
This blog invests and believes the PROXIMITY - nearness in space, time and relationships! These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers! Deliver this award to eight blogger’s who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.
there are so many wonderful blogs out there that i treasure visiting it was almost impossible to pick 8 .. plus I should say that I love many blogs which have already got this award. having said all that I would love to pass this on to
Thanks to you all for providing such inspiration on your blogs :-)
Saturday, 22 November 2008
The challenge is a fab sketch which was very easy to work with - here's my attempt. Off to make a few more Christmas cards now :-)
Main image: Sarah Kay "Christmas Magic" - coloured with wartercolour pencils
Sentiment: Penny Black
Paper: couldn't find a name on it
Flowers: Prima Christmas Bubble
Pearls brads; Papermania
Ribbon and lace: from my stash.
Monday, 17 November 2008
Now I have never made any small children's cards to speak of as there are no young kids in my family, so I was a bit unsure what a 4 year old might like ... so I settled on a FF teddy image with flowers which was a gift from my friend Kaz; and I spotted some bright cheeful paper whilst I was out & about at the weekend. I kept the layout fairly simple with sticky ribbon, a flower in one corner, and the word "hi" which I hope is nice and cheerful .. dunno if Ellie can read yet - if so then this is easy for her to understand; if not then it is easy for her mum to explain!
This is a last minute entry into this week's Spoon Full of Sugar Challenge #25 which is a card for a child ... didn't anticipate entering when it was set LOL! I would also like to enter it for this week's One Stop Craft Challenge which is Pretty Petals ... I hope I have covered this one off with both the image and the embellishment!
Main image: Forever Friends - coloured with watercolour pencil and Sakura sparkly pens, matted onto lemon glitter card cut with nestie.
Sentiment: diecut using Cuttlebug cut'n'emboss folder
Paper: BasicGrey "Oh! Baby Girl"
Flowers: WH Smith (yellow), Cardology (white), Prima (orange)
Sparkly brad: Doodlebug
Sticky ribbon: Papermania
Saturday, 15 November 2008
This week, the theme is Monochromatic - ie shades of one colour. So pick your favourite - any colour you like ... but just the one, mind! (LOL!) We really look forward to seeing your creations.
There is another fantastic prize up for grabs this week - the following Penny Black Stamp from our sponsor Sir Stampalot.
All the DT have worked really hard this week to create a fabulous rainbow of ideas .. hope you will pop over to the challenge blog to have a peek. Here is mine....
Image: Penny Black "Let It Snow", stamped and embossed with snowflake glitter embossing powder.
Background papers: The Paper Company Studio
Die cut and embossed snowflakes all using Cuttlebug folders and dies
Ribbon, gems and sparkly brad from my stash.
Thursday, 13 November 2008
Sentiment: Penny Black "To You" (partially masked)Papers: Imaginisce
Flowers: making Memories & Prima
Sparkly gems: Papermania
Sparkly brads; Doodlebug sugar coated (blue) and Making Memories (pink).
Wednesday, 12 November 2008
Anyway .. onto this evening's card (which I made yesterday evening, but of course had no light to photograph it by). My starting point as so often was a sketch, which immediately put me in mind of making a Christmas card (though of course most things make me think about Christmas cards right now !!) I also started thinking about multi-challenge possibilities, and believe I have managed to tie this one in to 5, as follows:
1. Friday Sketchers #27 - I really had fun with this fab sketch.
2. BasicGrey #10 is glitter: well, my Christmas cards do have a natural tendency to be glittery, and this card certainly delivers on that score. My large diecut snowflake and small centre snowflake are both cut from glitter card; I have decorated the snowflake with a Doodlebug sugar coated brad and glitter yarn fibres; I have used white sparkly lace from Hobbycraft, and put a few Stickle highlights on the snowballs. The BasicGrey element is the base paper which is from the "Dasher" collection.
3. This week's High Hopes Challenge#7 is Sparklemania - which I hope I've already explained above!!
4. Whilst visiting my new fellow DT member Domi's blog I discovered a new challenge called Everybody-Art, where this week's theme is brown and blue. I have done my best to reflect this in the 2 papers and the way I have watercoloured the image.
5. Last but not least, I found that this week's Cuttlebug Challenge #7 is to emboss a diecut. I think this card technically fulfils that challenge rather than the real spirit of it, as I have cut and embossed the large snowflake using the new Cuttlebug cut'n'emboss combo. I must admit I'm a little disappointed with the embossing aspect of this duo, as the embossing lines don't match up terribly well with the diecut outline, but nonetheless it does give the snowflake a bit of dimension.
Image: Sugar Nellie snowman gifted by Cathy, watercoloured with Marvey brushstroke pens
Papers: Basic Grey "Dasher" (base layer) and other paper unnamed from split stack at local craft shop
Brads: sparkly Doodlebug "sugar coated, and Dovecraft snowflake
Sparkly fibres : Cardology
Pearl gems: Create & Craft
Monday, 10 November 2008
So without further ado, I have drawn a number at random using random.org/, and it came out as follows:
Random Integer Generator
Here are your random numbers:
Timestamp: 2008-11-10 18:27:28 UTC
Things I love
1. My nestabilities .. what did I ever do before they were invented?
2. Reading ... currently reading "Dark Fire" by C.J. Sansom ... it's brilliant!
3. Watching "Strictly Come Dancing" - I would soooo love to go on that programme!
4. Keeping in touch with friends
5. My husband and family - couldn't do without 'em!
Things I hate
1. Freezing cold weather like we've recently been having
2. Getting soaking wet on the journey to work (another common occurrence all summer long!!)
3. Telephone queueing systems that keep you hanging on indefinitely with appalling muzak
4. Telephone cold callers who invariably call just as you're eating a meal
5. Published documents (eg. newspapers) with spelling and grammatical errors (eats, shoots and leaves anyone?? LOL!)
Music on my ipod
I don't own an ipod and rarely listen to music, but when I do it tends to be
...er, that's about it
1. A nice cup of tea ....
2. My husband's chicken curry
3. Most pasta dishes
4. Raspberry pavlova (yes I have a very sweet tooth!)
5. Icecream ... esp. chocolate!
Looking around I see that most people have been tagged recently .. so instead of nominating 5 I will jsut say that if you are reading this and haven't been tagged within the past 6 weeks, consider yourself tagged!
Sunday, 9 November 2008
Update 10/11/08 - this blog candy draw is now closed - thanks very much to everyone who has entered. I have picked a winner Monday evening 10/11 - see my post "We have a winner ..."
I'm really excited as I have reached my first 5,000 hits on my blog - so I thought I would throw a li'l blog candy party to celebrate and thank everyone for visiting. I wanted my candy to reflect the whole idea of a party and celebration, so here's what I've got to offer:
- One Penny Black Transparent stamp set - "Party Critters"
- One Forever Friends 6" x 6" paper pack - "Party Time"
- Three tiny pots of Cosmic Shimmer embossing powder - Pink Blush Lustre, Arctic Lake and Emerald Green Lustre
- One pack of Papermania adhesive gemstones in transparent
- One Stickle in "Stardust".
I hope you will like the idea of getting your hands on this little lot .... if you do, I need you to show me some party spirit to join in! I will leave this candy open until midnight GMT on Sunday 9th November, and will make a random draw the following day. In order to take part, here's what I need you to do:
- Make a card with the theme celebrate! You can interpret this any way you want, and for any celebratory occasion eg. birthday, Christmas, anniversary, wedding .... I really look forward to seeing your creations.
- Post the card on your blog, with a link to this post. If you like my blog and would also like to add it to your blog roll, then that would also make me incredibly happy.
- Leave a comment on this post, with a direct link back to the post on your blog so that I can visit.
- If you don't have a blog, please just leave me a comment as above (so I can include you in my random number generated draw) and email me a pic of your card - I will put them into a slideshow.
Hope you will be able to join in and I look forward to seeing you :-)
Fab "celebrate" cards sent to me by non-blogging friends: