Saturday 9 April 2022

Allsorts Challenge #671/2


Good morning everyone,

It's Saturday again already, so it's time for another weekly Allsorts Challenge. This time we are having a 2 week challenge for Easter - Brenda has chosen the theme which is

*** Masculine ***

For this fortnight's challenge we have 2 great prizes on offer, both from Craft Stash 

An AALL and Create stamp


and a Woodware stamp set


Both of these would be fabulous for making your masculine cards.

Here's my card for this challenge.


This challenge theme fell quite nicely for me, as today is my oldest friend’s husband’s birthday, so this is the card I made for him... it gave me opportunity to play with some new Lavinia stamps I bought recently, specifically for making masculine scenic cards! I really love creating these dramatic moonlit scenes which these stamps suit so well.

First I created my background using sponged Distress Oxide inks spattered with water and Lavinia hill and moon masks. I created a silver "aura" round the moon by sponging with some Versamark and brushing with Perfect pearls - not sure whether this turned out great but I carried on regardless!  I  stamped my owls, trees and flowers using a mix of Nocturne and Twilight VFC and first/second generation stamping, then liberally highlighted everything with my Sakura Stardust pen. lastly I stamped my sentiment and popped it up on foam tape. 

here is an angled picture to show some of the sparkle!


I also went to town and decorated both the envelope and the inside of the card.




Stamps: Lavinia Brodwin and Maylin, Tree Branch, Forest Scene, Trees, Skeleton Tree Scene, Silhouette Foliage Set; sentiment - Uniko Birthday Sentiments; Crafter's Companion Magical Sentiments (inside);
Media: Tim Holtz Distress oxide inks (Chipped Sapphire, Blueprint Sketch, Villainous Potion, Wilted Violet, Stormy Sky); Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Twilight); Sakura Sparkle pen - Stardust; Perfect pearls powder;
Tools: Lavinia hill and moon masks.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Classic Design Challenge #4 2022 - Anything Goes (6th Birthday Challenge) (4th entry)
Craft Rocket Challenge #91 - For the Boys/Men
Crafty Catz #590 - Anything Goes
Daisy Chain #62 - Birthday
Daring Cardmakers - A Little Bird Told Me
Dream Valley #267 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Fab 'n' Funky #548 - Masculine
ModSquad - Anything Goes
NBUS #37 - Use Your Never Before Used Schtuff!
(Owls and most of the tree stamps)
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Happy Birthday!
Sparkles #150 - For Men Only
Stamping Sensations (April) - I Love … (2nd entry) - TOP 3
(Lavinia stamps, Distress Oxides and moonlit scenes)
Taylormadecards4u (April) - Anything Goes with option The Great Outdoors

Hope you can join us , and I look forward to seeing your entries this time. Don't forget to visit the challenge blog to see more fab inspiration from the rest of the team, also that this challenge lasts for 2 weeks rather than the usual one, due to the Easter holidays.. Thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

20 comments:

Mervi said...

Aww fabulous stamping, magical card.
Happy Easter;-))m

Sarn said...

A wonderfully atmospheric birthday card for the male of the species. Your inking and stamping is superb xxx

coldwaters2 said...

This is fantastic Pauline I think you must the the Queen of scenes because you do them perfectly all those wonderful stamps, the colours it just blows me away, superb work
hugs
lorraine x

Ellibelle said...

A truly amazing and stunning card, Pauline, you really are a pro at the Lavinia cards!
Thanks for including which inks you used too, they looks o perfect for a spooky stormy scene and need to add a couple of them to my distress ink collection!
How did you add the white touches above the branches/wings? Is that the Sakura Stardust pen?

brenda said...

Lots of drama going on in today's card Pauline, perfect for a Guy and thanks so much for linking up to Stamping Sensations as well.

B x

Lorraine said...

What a gorgeous card! Love the scene you've created and that owl looks fab.
Lorraine x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A stunning, atmospheric scene using these gorgeous stamps and inks Pauline. I love it.
Lorraine

Linby said...

This is a very atmospheric card, love all the colour you got in whilst maintaining a moonlight feel.

Darnell said...

Oh, my gosh, Pauline, what talent you have creating moonlit dramatic scenes using Lavinia stamps! My eyes love traveling over every wonderful and striking detail! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Tracy said...

What a perfect night scene for your owls, it is wonderful.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Creaine said...

Love this! Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
Ine DT Member
http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/
owner: http://mixedmedialovers.blogspot.com

Art by Zowie Dixon said...

Oh wow! Such a wonderful card, I love this! Thanks for joining us at Sparkles monthly challenges! Hugs, Zowie (DT) x

Judy Woodland said...

Oh my, this is simply FABULOUS!!! You have created a work of art, all the elements work so perfectly together. WELL DONE!!! Such a gorgeous card, and so beautifully designed! Lots of wonderful work here, thanks so much for playing along with us for the last time over at the Mod Squad. I am very sad that we are retiring, it has been a great ride. Hope to see you around the web!!
Judy~ MSC Designer

Bobby said...

As an owl lover I just had to see your card up close and I wasn't disappointed, Pauline. The background you created is magnificent and I love that you decorated the inside of the card as well as the envelope. Thanks for sharing at NBUS.

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Wow great work here. Looks fabulous.
Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT / Admin / Registered Owner for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

Billie A said...

Awesome scene. I love all the images and colors. So glad you shared over at Crafty Catz.

Dawn said...

WOW, What a work of art, stunning. Thanks for joining in at the Daring Cardmakers. x

Glittertastic said...

This is a work of art - I love it!
Thanks for sharing at the Dream Valley challenge this week.
Sharon – Dream Valley Challenge Designer
http://glittertastic.blogspot.com/ - Stop by and see me!!!

BreAnn L. said...

Wow! This is so awesome!

Lisa J said...

This is so stunning. Love how you decorated the inside and the envelope too. Thanks for playing with us at Daisy Chain Challenge. Lisa DT