Wednesday 6 April 2022

Teeny Tiny First Edition


Hi there,

Today I would like to share something different I have made … my first ever ATC’s! Not sure really what gave me the idea to have a go at these, but I decided to try it and made a “series” of 3 which I have entitled “Dragonfly Dreams I”.


Before I go any further I’d like to give a huge thanks to Sarn, who has been incredibly helpful with my start-up queries, and fantastically encouraging about my initial efforts 😀

I cut 3 panels of white cardstock slightly smaller than standard ATC size, so I could then mat them with a border. I stamped and heat embossed various portions of my dragonfly image on each one, then created a sponged Distress Oxide background. I softly stencilled the blue areas of the background with more blue DO, then over stamped with a few random grungy squares in a darker blue DO. I stamped my words onto separate snippets of white card, heat embossed and cut out, then gently spattered the yellow and green areas of the background with water before assembling everything. I finished off with a minute heart gem on each one to decorate the “Dreams” sentiment, and a white card backing to write the details.

Here are the individual ATC's:

1/3

2/3

3/3

I read somewhere that you shouldn’t spend too long making ATC’s, but as my first ones these were a labour of love!! Once I have made a few more and got me some plastic sleeves to put them in I might start to think about swapsies, so if anyone is interested please let me know via the comments (one of these is already spoken for😀).

Stamps: Visible Image - Dragonfly Dreams; Indigo Blu Collectors Edition No. 37 - Grungy Little Squares; “Follow Your” text - unknown.
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Squeezed Lemonade, Twisted Citron, Blueprint Sketch, Chipped Sapphire); Versafine Clair (Nocturne); clear embossing powder;
Tools: Crafter’s Companion stencil from stamp/stencil set “It’s Time”.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Classic Design Challenge #4 2022 - Anything Goes (6th Birthday Challenge) (2nd entry)
Crafts Galore Encore #98 - Anything Goes - DT FAVOURITE
Crafty Calendar (April) - Anything But Square
Crafty Catz #589 - Anything Goes or Lots of Layers 
Creative Crafters #50 - Anything Goes
Dream Valley #267Anything Goes
Love To Craft #67Anything Goes
My Time To Craft #478 - Three or More Layers (2nd entry)
Path of Positivity #100 - Anything Goes Positive
Pearly Sparkles #72 - Anything But a Card
River of Creativity #12 - Anything But a Card
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Three Room Studio #79 - Repeat Stamping
(I have repeated across my 3 ATC’s, and also repeated my grungy squares within each ATC)

That’s all from me for today, though I hope to have time to make a couple of Easter cards this afternoon. Take care and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

12 comments:

ScrappyHorses said...

Wonderfully creative! Great colors/layers and the dragonfly is definitely one of my favs! So happy you shared these ATCs with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

Tee said...

Awesome ATC's!! They are fun and addictive once you get started!

Sarn said...

Fantastic trio of ATCs Pauline. Love the inky backgrounds and the placement of the dragonflies. I bagsy one!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for the shout out too, bless ya. Glad to help xxx

Zoechaos said...

I'm not sure about not taking long on an ATC. They originated with an artist who used them to showcase her style as well as used them as calling cards, each one was an individual miniature piece of unique art. We paper crafters latched onto the idea of them and I've seen some very elebrate ones. Yours are wonderful and you have followed a lot of the "traditional" rules. Thank you for adding to the River of Creativity. xx

Becca Sadler said...

Pauline: Your ATCs are terrific! Even tiny sized projects can have 3 or more layers done in a creative thoughtful way! Lovely! Thanks for submitting your entry to MTTC! --Becca/DT

tilly said...

what a beautiful set of ATC's, I,m sure they will be addictive, thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz challenge, Tilly

Crafting Queen said...

Love your ATCs they are wonderful. Thanks for joining TTCRD challenge. Anesha

Creaine said...

Love this!! Thanks for joining us at The Creative Crafters Challenge. Hope to see you again next time.
DT Ine http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/
owner: http://mixedmedialovers.blogspot.com

The Dream Pages said...

Beautifull..
Thank you for joining in at Addicted to stamps and more, Make your mark challenge.. Swapna

Kathyk said...

Your ATC's are FAB - I love the scale of them myself, welcome to an obsession of mine!

Kathyk

Kelly Parker said...

Wonderful card, love the images! Thank you for participating in the Crafts Galore Encore challenge blog.

Beverley said...

Gorgeous ATC's, I love the colours. Thanks for joining in our April 'Anything But Square' challenge over at Crafty Calendar.
Hugs
Bev x