Sunday 24 April 2022

ATC Frenzy!


Hi everyone,

Today I would like to share with you a few more ATC’s I have made .. I am so enjoying making these teeny tiny creations, even though they sometimes take longer than a full blown card!!

First up, a single ATC called “Bee Amazing”.


This one may look simple but was actually quite fiddly and time consuming, and required several attempts before I was satisfied. First I cut snippets of white and black card to slightly smaller than standard ATC size. I stencilled my honeycomb pattern onto my black card with Versamark then heat embossed using gold EP ... this took several attempts, I suspect ‘cos my EP is past its best !! I then hand trimmed my embossed panel to create a piece that would form a diagonal across the ATC. I carefully positioned, stamped and heat embossed my wording ... I didn't have any suitable stamps so had to get creative -  the word “bee” was formed by careful masking of the word “because” in my Uniko “Just Because” stamp set 🐝 

I then stamped and heat embossed my bees, and coloured them with black Promarker and gold Posca pen, and used holographic glitter on the wings. I masked off the bees and created some gold spatter on the white background with my Posca pen, then when it was dry I edged my panels with black marker then adhered my honeycomb panel and matted it all onto a standard ATC size piece of gold card.

Here is an angled pic to show the sparkly wings.


Stamps : bee - Woodware “Blooming”; sentiment - Uniko “Just Because”;
Media: Versafine Clair (Nocturne); Versamark; embossing powders (gold and clear); Posca pen (gold); holographic glitter;
Tools : Darkroom Door stencil - Honeycomb.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Ally’s Angels #57 - Anything Goes (3rd entry)
Crafting Happiness (April) - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Crafty Animals #60 - Include an Animal
Creative Crafters #51 - Anything Goes
Creative Knockouts #449 - Wings and Things or Furry Creatures (2nd entry)
Crafty Catz #592 - Anything Goes
Creative Moments #233 - Things With Wings (2nd entry)
Pammie’s Inky Pinkies #2216 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Path of Positivity #100 - Anything Goes Positive (2nd entry)
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes

After all that I wanted to speed up a bit, so I created a larger smooshed distress panel and cut it into several pieces which ended up as a series of 3 floral ATC’s called “Dream, Wish, Believe”.


I created a smoosh panel with pink, orange and green Distress Oxide ink and cut it into pieces slightly smaller than standard ATC’s. On all 3 I did second generation background stamping using a LotV text and foliage stamp with Morning Mist VFC, then stamped a large swirl in pink pearlescent ink and heat embossed with clear EP. I rooted in my die case and selected three floral stems, which I die cut using snippets of white pearlescent card and adhered one to each ATC. For my sentiments I stamped some small LotV  sentiment tags, then cut out the words and edged with black Promarker before adhering. Finally I edged each main panel with black marker to hide the white edges, and matted into black linen cardstock, and finished off with some teeny pink gems.

And a closer look at each individual one ...

ATC 1/3

ATC 2/3

ATC 3/3

Stamps: LotV “Grunge Letter”, “Everyday Tags”; Crafty Individuals “Large Elegant Swirl”;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide ink (Picked Raspberry, Ripe Persimon, Twisted Citron); Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Morning Mist); Brilliance Dewdrop ink pad (Pearlescent Orchid); clear embossing powder; black Promarker;
Tools: ATC1 - Memory Box “Fresh Daisies” die; ATC2 - Joy! Crafts “Vintage Flourishes” 6003/0030 coneflowers die; ATC3 - Memory Box “Prim Poppies” die.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Alphabet Challenge - B is for Blooms
As You Like It - Favourite: Floral or Cute (and why)
(I love both, but am currently veering towards floral as I explore a more arty style of crafting)
Crafty Calendar (April) - Anything But Square (3rd entry)
Day of the Month Card Club (April) - California Poppy Day (ATC 3/3 only)
Dream Valley #268 - Add Embellishments
Hero Arts (April) - Blend It Up (4th entry)
River of Creativity (April) - Anything But a Card (3rd entry)
Snippets Playground #426 - Use Snippets

That’s me all ATC’d out for the time being, though they are so addictive I sure I’ll be back on the case before too long .. I’m even working up to the idea of actually trading some πŸ˜€. I really love how they make you think about your stash in a different way … eg. I’m not too well off for appropriate “inspirational wording” stamps, so I am trying to get creative with masking and cutting down of what I do have πŸ˜€

Take care and enjoy the rest of your weekend. Thanks for visiting. 
Hugs,

23 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous ATCs especially love the Bee one very creative and love all the embossing-if you are on FB -UK stampers do an ATC/postcard swap and a couple of other things too x
Carol x

Sarn said...

The bee ATC is wonderful, but the series of 3 with the pretty inky backgrounds and the lovely white "silhouette" flowers are stunning. Glad you are finding this departure from card making absorbing.

Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. I'm tired from playing hopscotch . . . so do you fancy a go on the roundabout? xxx

Tracie said...

Beautiful ATC cards. I love bee images so it is a favorite of mine. Thanks for sharing with us at PIP Challenges.

ScrappyHorses said...

What a fun shiny card you have created! I can't believe the artistic stamping you did with the sentiment! Beautiful job! Lots of fun techniques on this little piece of art! So happy you shared with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

Elaine Stark said...

Beautiful ATC's, all very pretty. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

meg said...

A beautiful selection of floral ATC's,you created a wonderful background for the gorgeous diecut blooms,thank you for joining in at the Alphabet Challenge

Furrbster said...

These are very pretty. I love the bee one with all the sparkle!

Thanks for playing along with usat Creative Moments,

Hugz Tinz

Linby said...

Wonderful collection of ATCs - love the die cut ones especially. Well done on being a pick in the playground too.

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous ATC's Thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz Challenge Blog good luck Ginny DT for Crafty Catz Challenge Blog
My Blog As I do Rondos

brenda said...

A bumper post Pauline and super trio of ATC's for River of Creativity, thank you for sharing. That Poppy die is one that's not seen the light of day here for a long while but one I aways liked.

B x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Amazing ATC's Pauline!
Both designs look fabulous, you look as if you are enjoying your venture into these tiny art pieces.
There hasn't been a new swap announced yet on CC&C FB page but hopefully soon, perhaps Karen has something going on as she's usually not this long sorting out a swap each month.
Lorraine

Sheryl said...

Bees, very much on trend at the minute and this card is stunning!
Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at Through The Craft Room Door. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl xx
TTCRD DT

Zoechaos said...

It is so lovely to see ATCs and these are special I love the bee one so much work went into this tiny little work of art. The trio with at glorious colourful background, they are a great cheerful set. Thank you for adding to the River of Creativity. xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous set of ATCs, especially love the trio of floral ones!!

Di said...

Oh my word Pauline! I do love the bees ATC - although your floral ones really are ahead, by a whisker! Beaituful work - clever lady.

Hugs

Di
xx

Kelly Schelske said...

These are all lovely but I especially love the bee card!

Thank you for joining us at Creative Knockouts, I hope you play along again this week!

Kailash said...

Such a pretty card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero!

Deanne Saunders said...

Beautiful creations!! Thanks so much for participating in our CREATIVE CRAFTERS challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Stay safe and healthy!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Dawn Phillips said...

Your floral ATCs are perfect for our 'blooms' theme. Thanks for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge. Love Dawn x

Suze said...

Bee-autiful card Pauline. I like the honeycomb corner piece - and your punny sentiment too. Thank you for entering the Celebrate something about your pets and or animals in general Challenge at Path of Positivity.

R's Rue said...

The Bee is my favorite. So cute.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Rosmarie said...

Fabulous ATC's! I love them all, but I especially like the floral series. The soft colors are so beautiful! Thank you so much for playing along with DotMCC. Rosi x

OlgaB said...

Lovely projects!
Thank you for joining Creative Moments!
Hugs from Africa!
OlgaB