Friday 15 April 2022

Three Wishes For Ukraine


Happy Friday everyone !

Today I would like to share my second “series” of ATC’s which I have entitled “Three Wishes For Ukraine”.


Since I made my first ATC’s a couple of weeks ago they have been somewhat on my mind, with a few ideas bouncing around in my head. I thought I’d like to make some Ukraine support themed ones with the obvious starting point of the flag colours, and I was also inspired by the heart stamps in one of the sets I recently won in the Uniko 8th birthday challenge. I am currently also looking at different ways to make random words in an old style typewriter font … I am considering downloading some fonts for computer generated words and phrases, but I also spotted a small wooden stamp set in Hobbycraft at the weekend, and for £2 I thought it would be rude not to give it a try !!


For these ATC’s I cut 3 pieces of stamping card slightly smaller than standard ATC size, and started by stamping the central hearts using Versafine and then heat embossing. For each one I masked the heart and half of the card, sponged the yellow background using Distress Oxide ink, then immediately sponged over it again through a heart stencil. I then repeated for the top half of the card using blue DO and used a different heart stencil on each of the ATC’s, from a pack of 5 I bought specially from The Range. This was actually very fiddly and did result in a few spoiled attempts before I was satisfied !!


For the wording I stamped my letters well spaced onto white card and covered in EP, then carefully positioned my small outline heart stamp over each letter in turn, stamped and heat embossed. I fussy cut all the individual heart letters, then assembled my panel and lettering onto  standard ATC size pieces of bright blue metallic card, and coloured the white space on the focal hearts with a yellow Sakura sparkle pen.  Finally I created a back panel for each in thinner white card to write the details.


Stamps
: Uniko Big & Bold - Love; Hobbycraft alphabet set;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide ink (Squeezed Lemonade, Blueprint Sketch); Versafine (Majestic Blue); clear embossing powder; Sakura Gelly Roll Stardust pen (gold);
Tools: Craft Sensations heart stencils from The Range.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Ally’s Angels #57 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Classic Design Challenge #4 2022 - Anything Goes (6th Birthday Challenge) (5th entry)
Creative Knockouts #448 - Anything Goes
Dream Valley #267 - Anything Goes (3rd entry)
Hero Arts (April) - Blend It Up (2nd entry)
ModSquad - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Pammie’s Inky Pinkies #2215 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Pearly Sparkles #72 - Anything But a Card (2nd entry)
River of Creativity #12 - Anything But a Card (2nd entry)

Hope you are all enjoying the start of the Easter weekend, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

12 comments:

brenda said...

Beautifully done Pauline, even before Ukraine it was a colour combo I live, works so well together. So pleased you found you way to River of Creativity, these are perfect, thank you.

Happy Easter.

B x

Judy Woodland said...

Such lovely creations, and such a heartfelt cause. I love all these, they are amazing and so poignant. Lots of fabulous work here, thanks so much for playing along with us for the last time over at the Mod Squad. I am very sad that we are retiring, it has been a great ride. Hope to see you around the web!!
Judy~ MSC Designer

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A beautiful set of ATC's Pauline, lovely designs using the Ukrainian flag as inspiration with such a poignant message too.
Lorraine

Zoechaos said...

A wonderful set of wishes ones I'm sure we all share, but beautifully expressed here. Even without the sentiment behind them they make a lovely ATC set, thank you for adding to the flow at River of Creativity. xx

Sarn said...

Brilliant trio of ATCs with heartfelt sentiments for Ukraine. Perfect. Xxx

Kathyk said...

Smashing ATC's Pauline

Happy Easter

Kathyk

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Pauline loving these ATCs a fabulous yet simple design they say it all, I remember making ATC's years ago then they seemed to lose their popularity it is great to seeing them return
hugs
lorraine x

jaybea said...

lovely set of Atc's sounds like you got a crafty bargain with your stamps Thanks for joining us at Creative Knockouts

Kelly Schelske said...

What a lovely set Pauline!

Thank you for joining us at Creative Knockouts! I hope you will join us again this week!

Dena J said...

Beautiful and meaningful. Wonderful set, Pauline

Kanan Pandya said...

These are all so beautiful.Love them. Thanks so much for playing along with the Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero Challenge.

sweetpea said...

Brilliant make. Thanks for sharing it with us at the Classic Design Challenge Janet DT