Saturday 30 April 2022

Allsorts Challenge #674


Good morning everyone,

Saturday is here, so it's time for another weekly Allsorts Challenge. This week it's Lynn's turn to choose our theme, and it is

*** Anything Goes with the option of Scenic ***

So all entries are welcome so long as they comply with our simple challenge rules, but we would especially like to see any landscapes, seascapes
 or any other scenic pictures your imaginations can come up with!

This week we have 2 prizes to give away: fIrstly we have a beautiful Indigo Blu stamp 


For a second winner we have 3 digi images of their choice from Ruth Hamilton Design.


Here's my card for this week.


For me a scenic card was always going to have to be Lavinia as I have been collecting their scenic stamps over the past 6 months or so. I created my hills by blending Distress Oxide inks using a mix of Lavinia and home made hill masks, and I had my first attempt at making a cloud-filled sky with more Distress Oxides and a home made cloud mask. The sky didn't turn out perfectly but I kept going regardless!  I then stamped my trees, hares and birds using a mix of black and grey Versafine Clair and 1st/2nd generation stamping, and added a bit of colour by stamping my bluebells with Distress Oxides, as I don't yet have VFC in those bright colours. Lastly I added a bit of watercolour pencil "grounding", sponged a bit of black DO round the edges of my image panel, stamped my sentiment and matted everything onto a black linen border before adding two silver heart gems.

Stamps: Lavinia Forest Scene, Trees, Skeleton Tree Scene, Wild Hares (large), Bluebells, Field Grass, Birds, sentiment (retired - name unknown);
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Mowed Lawn, Rustic Wilderness, Iced Spruce, Salty Ocean, Picked Raspberry, Wilted Violet, Black Soot); Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Misty Morning)
Tools: Lavinia hill masks.

Challenges I would like to enter:

A Gem of a Challenge #9 2022 - Anything Goes (3rd entry)
 Crafty Catz #593 - Anything Goes
Creative Crafters #51 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Dream Valley #268 - Add Embellishments (2nd entry)
Hero Arts (April) - Blend It Up (5th entry)
Krafty Chicks #609 - All Occasions
Simon Says (Monday) - Wild and Wonderful (2nd entry)
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Anything Goes (2nd entry)

Hope you can join us this week, and I look forward to seeing your entries. Don't forget to visit the challenge blog to see more fab inspiration from the rest of the team. Thanks for visiting.
Hugs,


13 comments:

brenda said...

A lovely scene Pauline, there was one very similar up the top paddock yesterday, two Hares were playing chase (mating!!) and was lovely to watch. I also saw some baby Bunnies yesterday so they are well ahead of the game.

B x

Mervi said...

Gorgeous card, lovely spring scene with two rabbits, wonder what they are thinking!
Happy weekend;-))m

Linby said...

Your homemade mask has given such a wonderful sky - I must try and make a sky like this, I never seen to be able to do it! It's a beautiful scene.

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful scenic card and great sky-love the hares
Carol x

Sarn said...

You are the Queen of Lavinia scenes Pauline. This one is brilliant. Very Spring-like. xxx

Ellibelle said...

Another beautiful scene, Pauline. I love how your clouds turned out. I have an old Stampin Up cloud template but always struggle when using it so I rarely reach for it.

NGCARDS said...

This is a beautiful card hun, I'm yet to try creating a scene like this by stamping, the way you've done it is lovely :) Thanks also for your sweet comment about my garden progress! xxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A gorgeous card, beautifully created and a lovely sentiment too.
Lorraine

Kanan Pandya said...

Your lovely card made me smile. So pretty scene. Thanks so much for playing along with the Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero Challenge.

Wendy L said...

A really beautiful scene, and lovely Lavinia stamp, xx

tilly said...

what a beautiful scene you have created, thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz challenge, Tilly

Creaine said...

Love this!! Thanks for joining us at The Creative Crafters Challenge. Hope to see you again next time.
DT Ine http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/
owner: http://mixedmedialovers.blogspot.com

Creaine said...

Love this!! Thanks for joining us at The Creative Crafters Challenge. Hope to see you again next time.
DT Ine http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/
owner: http://mixedmedialovers.blogspot.com