Thursday 7 April 2022

Trying out a triptych


Hello everyone,

Today I would like to share my first ever triptych card, using a die set I was inspired to buy after seeing lovely cards created by Brenda (Floral Fantasies). I actually needed to send Brenda a small package, so I motivated myself to make a triptych spring card to go with it!


First I die cut my base card and three panels for stamping... these were a great way to use up some of my white card snippets !! I created a smoosh background with 2 colours of Distress Oxide ink on all 3 panels, then created my Penny Black brushstroke flowers by colouring the stamps  with watercolour markers and spritzing with water before stamping. I created a little soft background stencilling using a 3rd colour of DO, then stamped my spring wordings using grey ink 2nd generation stamping (for a softer look) and my main sentiment in black. Finally I stamped a small Lavinia leaf stamp around the edges and created some spatter dots with white Posca pen before die cutting 3 yellow linen card mats and assembling my card.

This card wasn’t without its challenges … the stamping panels are quite small so I had only a certain number of stamps that would fit, and my die cutting machine plates weren’t long enough for the base card die … but with a bit of jiggerypokery I got there !! It was nice to try something different from my usual square cards.  I have tried to take a a pic of this card standing up, even though I am not good with standing up shots due to shadows etc. ...


Stamps: Penny Black “Blush” (2666K), “Jonquil” (3587K), “…dreams…” (2711F); daffodil word - Uniko Spring Botanicals “Daffodil”; Spring wording - Uniko Spring Botanicals “Snowdrop”; Lavinia Mini Leaf 2;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide ink (Salvaged Patina, Squeezed Lemonade, Cracked Pistachio, Mowed Lawn); Marvey watercolour markers; Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Warm Breeze); White Posca pen;
Tools: Studio Light Essentials triptych die set; Crafters Companion stencil from “Make A Wish” set.

Challenges I would like to enter :

Classic Design Challenge #4 2022 - Anything Goes (6th Birthday Challenge) (3rd entry)
Country View Challenges (April) - Spring Is Coming (2nd entry)
Crafty Calendar (April) - Anything But Square (2nd entry)
Dragonfly Dreams (April) - Spring/Easter
Get Creative #110 - Springtime 
Penny Black Saturday Challenge (April) - Anything Goes with option Easter (2nd entry)
Simon Says (Monday) - Easter/Spring
Snippets Playground #425 - Anything Goes with Snippets - TOP PICK
Try It On Tuesday - Spring Colours - END OF YEAR SPOTLIGHT 2022

Take care, and thanks for visiting today.
Hugs,

13 comments:

brenda said...

And I can confirm it's a beautiful Triptych card as it's proudly hanging on my display rail above my desk. I'm so pleased you managed to track the die down Pauline as I am sure you will get as much use and enjoyment out of it as I do.

B x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

I beg Brenda loved it is so her type of card. Lovely soft colours

Sarn said...

Wow . . . This is such a beautiful Spring card. Your stamping is brilliant, as are your backgrounds - no wonder Brenda is delighted with it.

Thanks for submitting some snippets homework. Meet me up in the Treehouse for fun and cocktails later. Xxx

Miriam said...

Beautiful card - thank you for joining in with the Country View Crafts challenge.

Liz said...

Wonderful card, great design and I love the card shape. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Calendar Challenge this month. Good luck!
Liz xx

Rika said...

Lovely card!

Helen said...

Gorgeous card! LOVE the colours and that sentiment! Thanks for joining us at Try it on Tuesday! ((HUGS)) Helen

Linby said...

It's a lovely die as I have it too. You've made a fab card with it - well done on fitting on your stamps to such great effect.

Ana G.G. said...

Me encantan este tipo de diseños ;)

Corrie Herriman said...

Fabulous tryptich ! Thank you so much for playing along with us in our April "Spring" challenge over at Country View Challenges. Corrie x

Joan said...

Gorgeous card, love the shape and you have use some of my favourite all time
Penny Black stamps, lovely colours too

Thanks for joining us at Try It On Tuesday
Joan

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what a beautiful triptych! The colours, flowers and wording are perfect for spring and it's such an elegant design 😀. Thanks so much for joining us at Country View Challenges! Hugs Jo x

Di said...

Wow Pauline! What a stunning card - it's really beautiful. Well done - just perfect!

Hugs

Di xx