Monday 28 March 2022

Spring Botanicals


Hi peeps,

Today I would like to share another card I have made with my fabulous recent winnings from Uniko (see previous post about my win here) ... I decided to get going with a few Easter cards so I had a play with my new Spring Botanicals - Daffodil set.


This is such a lovely statement image and is quite big, so it doesn't really need much in the way of embellishment.  I decided straight away I would surround it with some soft background stencilling, as I also have a new Lavinia stencil I couldn't wait to play with! I stamped my main image and coloured it with Promarkers, then masked it so I could stencil around it with some Distress Oxide ink. I stamped my greeting, then sponged more DO round the edges, and replaced the mask so I could add some spatters of DO and gold acrylic paint. When the spatters were dry I matted the finished panel, and finished off with sparkly punched butterflies and gems.

Stamps: Uniko Spring Botanicals - Daffodil; sentiment - See-D;
Media: Promarkers; Tim Holtz Distress Oxide ink (Crushed Pistachio); gold acrylic paint;
Tools: Lavinia stencil - Leaf Trails; X-Cut butterfly punch;
Gems from my stash.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Cards 4 Galz #169 - Spring Flowers (2nd entry)
Crafter's Cafe #283 - Use Some Flowers (3rd entry)
Crafty Catz #588 - Anything Goes with option Easter
Crafty Friends #153 - Flowers (4th entry)
Dream Valley #266 - Springtime (2nd entry)
Make My Monday #171 - Use A Stencil
Passion For Markers #633 - Anything Spring (2nd entry)
 Taylormadecards4u (March) - Anything Goes with option Spring Flowers (3rd entry)
Try It On Tuesday - Say It With Flowers (3rd entry)

Hope you are all enjoying the spring weather... it has been absolutely beautiful here.  Take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,


16 comments:

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Pauline, love the pretty daffodil
Lorraine x

Julie said...

The perfect spring flower and beautifully coloured! Thanks for playing along with my 'Anything Spring' Challenge at Passion for Markers this week, good luck! Juliexx

Sarn said...

Lovely Easter card. Nice stencilling! Great daffodil stamp xxx

The Crafty Den said...

Another beautiful card Pauline. The daffodil image is so pretty and your colouring is perfect. Love the delicate background too. Thanks for sharing with us over at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

Aunty Sue said...

A stunning Easter card and thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz and Passion for Markers

Chris said...

Beautiful daffodil and gorgeous stencilled background, a stunning card! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Catz this week.
Chris
x

Uschi said...

What a gorgeous spring card! Your daffodil is really great. Beautiful colouring. I especially love your frame as well. The rhinestones are some nice eye-catcher and those butterflies in your main colours just complete a perfect spring and Easter card.
Thanks a lot for entering the EAC challenge.
Hugs Uschi

Marlene Atkinson said...

A super cute card. Thank you for joining us at Passion for Markers. Marlene

Lynda said...

You've done this elegant and beautiful image justice - great colouring and background. Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

brenda said...

Better late than never as they say, slow going getting to people but as I love a Daffodil had to pop in to say how pretty.

B x

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Pauline first I want to thank you for your wonderful uplifting words that you have left for me on my blog and FB, they are so much appreciated, I absolutely love this beautiful Springtime card the image is so bright and sunny another fantastic card
hugs
lorraine x

Helen said...

Beautiful - love the stencilled background.

Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Friends Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a pretty card! The daffodil is gorgeous and perfect for Easter 😀. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! Hugs Jo x

Dawn Phillips said...

Stunning. You've made good use of your prize and I love how you let it shine. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4galz. Love Dawn x

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Super toffe kaart. Helemaal leuk. Leuk dat je meedoet met onze challenge bij Make My Monday challenge
Great card, love it. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday challenge

XX
Claudia

DT Make My Monday challenge

https://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.com/
http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be
http://girlzrebelchallenge.blogspot.com
https://girlzcreativecrafts.blogspot.com

Sue Jackson said...

Beautiful card! The subtle stencil is the background is fabulous for this clean and simple card. Thanks so much for joining us at Make My Monday! Hope to see you in the gallery again soon!