Tuesday 8 March 2022

Quick and easy die cuts


Hi there … today I would like to share a quick card I made yesterday in between some DT and family card making commitments. 


I recently received some new stitched rectangle dies from Amazon and have been looking forward to using them.  I cut a stitched rectangle from a snippet of  gorgeous Bo Bunny paper which has a distressed look and faint background script, and then sponged the edges with Distress oxide ink to deepen the colour a bit more. I spattered the card base lightly with 2 colours of DO, adhered my stitched rectangle, and then attached a die cut flower spray cut from a snippet of pearlescent white card. A quick stamped sentiment, a few sparkly gems and some white Posca pen spattering on the paper, and I was done.

Unfortunately despite (or maybe because of) the very sunny weather the photography isn't very good ... photos in direct sunlight don't seem to work, but photos in shade are a little dull today!

Stamps: sentiment: Crafter's Companion - Magical Sentiements;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress oxide inks (Picked raspberry, Twisted Citron);
Tools: Memory Box Bella Bouquet die; stitched rectangle die from Amazon;
Old Bo Bunny paper and gems from my stash. 

Challenges I would like to enter:

Dies R Us #188 - Anything Goes with a Die Brand sold by DRU
(I have used Memory Box)
Fab 'n' Funky #546 - Dies or Stencils (2nd entry)
Simon Says (Monday) - Add Some Green
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Add A Die Cut (2nd entry)
Time Out #208 - 8th Birthday Challenge  (3rd entry)

I'm hoping to get a bit more crafting in over the next couple of days ... If I do I'll be back soon with another share.

Take care and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

5 comments:

brenda said...

I also find it weird as well that when it's sunny photos come out so dark. Pink and green is a lovely colour palette and definite hints of Spring.

B x

Jennifer said...

So pretty and delicate Pauline. Jennifer. x

Lee said...

Very pretty and I love the colours.

Sarn said...

Love the look of your new dies. Very pretty card. Great background and lovely flower die. Xxx

Shauna said...

What a cool card! I really like your use of color and the distressed elements. It all came together so well. Thanks for playing at Time Out!
- Shauna