Thursday 10 March 2022

Misty Morning


Hi peeps,

Yesterday I decided to make a card for the current Lavinia online store Challenge “Misty Morning”, and also felt inspired to show support for Ukraine both by using the colours of the Ukraine flag, and also by using one of my newest Lavinia fairies “Josie”, as I think with her fairy dandelion she encapsulates a sense of making a wish… and God knows we are all wishing for an end to this horrendous conflict. Here is the result.


First I made a smoosh background using only yellow and blue Distress Oxide inks spattered with water, though of course as the inks mingled they created new shades … but mingling together is a positive thing, right?? I stamped Josie then “grounded” her using my Lavinia hill mask and Twilight VFC. I then created my sun using a Lavinia circle mask and bright blue DO, and my foliage using first and second generation stamping. I also introduced a little background stamping of Faerie spells over the sun, and added Pipin looking up at the fairy dandelion. I highlighted the scene liberally with a yellow Sakura sparkle pen, and coloured Josie’s  wings with yellow and blue sparkle pens. Finally I added some wisps of mist using my new white pastel pencil … I have never used pastel pencils before but was inspired to buy just a white one to try by this fab Jo Rice tutorial.

As always this card is MUCH more sparkly than the picture suggests ... here is an angled shot.


I'm a little frustrated by the small smudge I managed to make at the last minute when stamping my sentiment (I stamped this after I had entered the picture into the Lavinia challenge, as it is non-Lavinia!) .. but I guess I may cover it with a couple of little heart gems.

Stamps: Lavinia - Josie, Vine Flourish, Field Grass, Silhouette Foliage Set, Mini Leaf 1; Pipin, Faerie Spells; Crafter's Companion Magical Sentiments;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Squeezed Lemonade, Fossilized Amber, Salty Ocean, Blueprint Sketch); Versafine (Onyx); Versafine Clair (Twilight, Warm Breeze); Sakura sparkle pens - yellow and blue; white pastel pencil;
Tools: Lavinia acetate hill and circle masks.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Colour Hues #36 - Blue/Yellow (Cards for Ukraine) (2nd entry)

Crafter’s Cafe #282 - Make Your Own Background (2nd entry)
ModSquad - Standing With Ukraine
Pearly Sparkles #71 - One For the Girls (2nd entry)

That’s all from me for today .. take care, stay safe and thanks for visiting today.
Hugs,

10 comments:

Jennifer said...

Love, love, love everything about this Pauline, and the way you have created the mist is brilliant. Jennifer. x

brenda said...

A delightful card in those two colours Pauline and just done another myself. I find it particularly sad that colours represent freedom with the blue sky and gold for corn and food. I fear many are seeing little of either.

B x

Lee said...

WOW,Love your card,it's amazing and Beautiful.A big fan of Lavinia.

MONK said...

good article

ITTELKOM JAKARTA

Lynn said...

This a gorgeous card! It's one of the best I've seen in blogland. Thanks for sharing.

My Paper Epiphany said...

Wow! This is so beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing at HLS Watercolour Challenge!

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Pauline, I love the magical scene you've created. Fab colour too.
Lorraine x

Anke said...

WOW Pauline your card is so beautiful, I love the magical scene and the wonderful colours.

Anke x

Judy Woodland said...

How beautiful. I love the ethereal look of this card and your background is amazing. Lots of wonderful work here, and a great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Mod Squad!! We hope to see you back again soon, and thanks for standing with Ukraine.
Judy~ MSC Designer

Larelyn said...

What a wonderful combination of inking and stamping techniques. Gorgeous card. Thank you for joining our Pearly Sparkles One for the Girls challenge.