Wednesday 23 March 2022

Another Misty Morning


Hi all,

I decided this morning to make another card entry for this month's Lavinia website  challenge - "Misty Morning". I thought I would make a misty early morning meadow scene, though it was one of those days where nothing would seem to go right and my first three attempts ended up in the bin!! Eventually though I got there ... and halfway though my tribulations a new set of Lavinia stamps arrived through the letter box so I was able to incorporate a couple of them (Nigella Damascena and Fairy Bugs) into the card!! ... and here it is.


For some reason today my smooshed backgrounds just would not behave themselves, so I tried something different. I created a sun mask with masking sheet, and then painted my background using three colours of Distress Oxide ink and a new fat paintbrush I bought the other day from The Range. This idea was partly inspired by a Jo Rice tutorial, though I changed it up a bit by keeping a defined sun shape with my mask. 

I sponged some DO onto my sun and around it to form an aura, then stamped my flowers and dragonflies using a mixture of shades of Versafine Clair and a mix of first and second generation stamping. I created my wispy mist using a white pastel pencil, then liberally highlighted everything with a Stardust Sakura sparkle pen. I edged the panel with some more DO to give a bit more depth, then matted the panel onto a pearlescent charcoal border and a home-made DL card base. I entered version 1 of the card (without sentiment) into the Lavinia challenge, as I didn't really have a suitable Lavinia sentiment ... so then added my sentiment to complete version 2!

As always this card is very sparkly but you wouldn't guess from the main photo, so here is an angled pic.


Stamps: Lavinia - Nigella Damascena, Dandelions, Wild Poppies, Field Grass, Silhouette Foliage Set, Fairy Bugs; sentiment - Crafter's Companion Magical Sentiments;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Stormy Sky, Shaded Lilac, Tumbled Glass, Squeezed Lemonade); Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Twilight, Morning Mist); Versafine (Imperial Purple); Pastel Pencil (white); Sakura Sparkle Pens (Purple, Stardust).

Challenges I would like to enter:

A Gem of a Challenge #6 2022 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Colour Crazy Craft Challenge #11 2022 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Crafter's Cafe #283 - Use Some Flowers (2nd entry)
Crafty Catz #587 - Anything Goes with option Add Sparkle or Glitter (2nd entry)
Crafty Friends #153 - Flowers (2nd entry)
Crafty Gals' Corner #229 - Add A Flower (3rd entry)
Incy WIncy (March) - Nature and Scenery (2nd entry)
Love To Craft #67 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Try It On Tuesday - Say It With Flowers

I'm off now to start thinking about what I'll make with the rest of my new Lavinia stamps and stencils !! Take care everyone, and thanks for visiting today.
Hugs,

8 comments:

Lynn said...

Another magnificent card! I'm sure the card is even more stunning IRL. You continually inspire me to try new things and pay attention to the details. Thank You!

Marianne's Craftroom said...

This is gorgeous. I love the soft focus misty look and the blue is lovely

Sarn said...

WOW - this is a stunner. I love this misty morning card and like that it's landscape orientation. Great idea to use a white pencil for the misty areas. Mmmm, really like the Nigella Damascena flower head - that might have to go on the wish list! xxx

Mrs.B said...

A lovely card Pauline, love the soft misty look you achieved here. It's always a shame that sparkle never shows in photos, but I'm sure it looks stunning.
Thanks for sharing at Try it on Tuesday.
Avril x

Helen said...

Beautiful - such a pretty scene.

Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Friends Challenge.

Helen x
DT

sweetpea said...

Beautiful design, love it. Thanks for sharing them with us at the Crafty Catz challenge Janet DT

Mia said...

Beautiful! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Try it on Tuesday with this lovely creation. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
Mia
Designer for Try it on Tuesday
craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

Kim said...

Absolutely stunning. The depth of the moon and the flowers is almost real. Thanks for joining the challenge at Crafty Gals Corner.