Thursday 3 March 2022

Sending Positive Thoughts


Hi everyone,

Today I would like to share a card that serves multi-purposes ... I needed to make a card to cheer up a dear friend who has tested positive at the weekend for Covid and is feeling rather low; and the design was also inspired by the idea that has taken off in blogland of showing support for Ukraine in its current crisis by using sunflowers (its national flower) and the colours blue and yellow (the colours of its national flag).  Here's the result.


Power Poppy are very kindly currently giving away free digital images of sunflowers for people to use to make cards showing support for Ukraine, so I downloaded this stunning image "Sunshine of My Life". I coloured it with Promarkers, did a little highlighting with a white pencil and white gel pen, then die cut it onto a stitched panel. I stamped my sentiment, sponged the edges of the die cut with Distress Oxide ink, and matted it directly onto my base card. I then just finished off with some randomly scattered blue and yellow sparkly gems and clear heart gems. 

Stamps: Power Poppy - Sunshine of My Life (digi); sentiment: Crafter's Companion - Positive Thoughts;
Media: Promarkers; Tim Holtz Distress oxide ink (Blueprint Sketch);
Tools: stitched square die from Amazon;
Gems from my stash.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Ally's Angels #55 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
As You Like it - Favourite Interactive - or Not (and why) - TOP 3
(I think I have only ever made an interactive card once or twice in all the years I've been crafting ... so that would definitely be a NOT!)
CCC Digi Creations #134 - Add/Include Flowers
Color Hues #36 - Blue/Yellow (Cards for Ukraine)
(I had already made this card before I spotted this challenge and I have actually used some green as occurs in nature, so not sure whether it qualifies for any prizes ... but as it is for this very special theme I thought I would like to share it anyway!!)

Colour Crazy Craft Challenge #8 2022 - Anything Goes with Colouring (2nd entry)
Crafty Catz #584 - Anything Goes with option Flowers (2nd entry)
Creative Crafters #49 - Anything Goes
Digi Choosday #9 2022 - Anything Goes with Digis
Fab 'n' Funky #546 - Dies or Stencils
❤️ Promarkers #505 - Anything Goes with option No Patterned Papers
Passion For Markers #630 - Feminine - TOP 5
Path of Positivity #98 - Anything Goes Positive
Pearly Sparkles #71 - One For the Girls
Sheepski #60 - Flowers
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Add a Die Cut
Sweet Stampin' - Girly but No Pink (2nd entry) - TOP 5

Take care everyone in this turbulent and unpredictable world we are living in ... thanks for visiting today.
Hugs,

25 comments:

Chris said...

A beautiful card to cheer your friend and show support for the people of Ukraine. The image is stunning, and showcased by your lovely design and fabulous colouring.
Thanks for joining in with our current challenges at Fab'n'Funky, Crafty Catz and Sweet Stampin'
Chris
x

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful card love the image and colours. Alison xx

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and image,love the sunflowers and fabulous colouring.Thank you for joining us at Pearly Sparkles
Carol DT x

Linda Mc Enery said...

This is so beautiful! Gorgeous image (I haven't used mine yet) and wonderful colouring. Your little gems add a little extra cheer. Thanks for sharing this with us at Passion for Markers!
Linda

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Gorgeous card Thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz Challenge Blog good luck Ginny DT for Crafty Catz Challenge Blog
My Blog As I do Rodos

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Back to say
Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge atThrough The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge. Good luck Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Marianne's Craftroom said...

This is beautiful. Your colouring is fabulous.

brenda said...

I'm a pretty bad blogger this week, those few days in hospital has totally thrown me, but a lovely card to see now I am here.

B x

Sarn said...

Hi Pauline

Stunning colouring on this gorgeous vase full of sunflowers. A lovely card to cheer up your friend and also show support for Ukraine. Xxx

Lee said...

Your card is so Beautiful,hope your friend loved it.Great idea to use the colours of Ukraine Flag and Sunflowers.x

Sharon Noble said...

Absolutely stunning thank you for joining us at I love pro markers big cuddles Sharon xxx

ScrappyHorses said...

What a beautiful card sure to cheer your friend! Such a lovely image and the colors are perfect to remember our friends in the Ukraine. So kind of you to share the info about the free images from Power Poppy. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

Buffy said...

Beautiful card, lovely image.
Thank you for joining in with us at Fab'n'Funky challenges this week.
Buffy (DT) xx

Chrissy said...

Just beautiful, fabulous colouring and highlighting and love the background and gems..
Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge this fortnight at As You Like It..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Dena J said...

Perfectly colored and a beautiful card design and thought.

Creaine said...

Love this! Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
Ine DT Member
http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/
owner: http://mixedmedialovers.blogspot.com

Nancy said...

Your card is outstanding and so well colored! It may not qualify for a winner as you mentioned Pauline, but I am thrilled that you entered in this great cause as we got to enjoy your beautiful creation! I hope you will come back and play along again soon at Color Hues! Take care!

Carole J said...

Your sunflower card is stunning, Pauline. It is sure to cheer your friend and I hope she feels better soon. How lovely of Poppy Power to give away the digital stamp - your colouring is beautiful, as is the lovely, subtly inked background. Thank you so much for sharing your project at The Path of Positivity. x

Crafty KJ said...

These sunflowers are absolutely gorgeous and your colouring is stunning! Love the inked background as well as the shape of that stitched die. Thanks so much for sharing at PFM this week. Hugs, Karen x

Marina Atsali said...

Love your card .Thanks for joining us over on the Digi Choosday challenge.

My Paper Epiphany said...

Stunning card!

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

You did such a lovely job with this project. Nice work.
Thank you for sharing with us over here at Sheepski Designs Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Annette DT for:
https://sheepski-designs-challenges.blogspot.com/

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Back again, and again, this is so beautiful. Nice work. Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT / Admin / Registered Owner for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

Zw@@n said...

Beautiful card! I like the image and your colouring is sooo beautiful. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. xx Wilma

cm said...

Beautiful vase of sunflowers! Thank you for joining us at Color Hues!
~carol