Sunday 27 March 2022

Time to Celebrate

Hi everyone,

Some of you will know that in February there was an exciting month of challenges over on the Uniko blog to celebrate their 10th birthday.  The whole event was a lot of fun, with a variety of challenge “quests” with individual prizes plus a grand prize draw for those who completed all 10 quests. I joined in enthusiastically as the quests were fun and informative, plus I really like Uniko products even though I only owned one set of Uniko stamps.   Anyhoo, Last week I was gobsmacked to discover I won the grand prize … £100 gift voucher for the Uniko store!! 😍😍❤️ So it really is time to celebrate πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸ˜€

Bev who owns Uniko has been really kind and helpful … I got my voucher on Thursday, promptly placed my order, and my parcel arrived on Friday … wow !! There were stamps everywhere … I genuinely didn’t know which way to turn first!!

 Uniko stamps are generally a CAS style which is rather different from my usual style of cardmaking, but I particularly like the fantastic sentiment sets, the spring botanical flowers, and some of the CAS Christmas styles. Here is what I chose.


I am now much better set up with sentiments than before, and I selected two fabulous sets of spring botanicals flowers with co-ordinating sentiments. I also chose some stamps that I can use to make some CAS cards .. I am hoping to make some batch charity cards during the spring . 

I wanted to have a play immediately, so on Friday afternoon I managed to make two CAS cards - “Make a Wish” and “Time to Celebrate”.

For this card I stamped a card-wide panel of candles, which I coloured in rainbow hues with my Promarkers. I edged the panel with purple Promarker and matted onto my base card, and stamped my sentiments and stars.

Media: Promarkers.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Colour Crazy Craft Challenge #12 2022 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
C.R.A.F.T. #631 - Anything Goes
Crafts Galore Encore #97 - Anything Goes
Crafty Calendar (March) - Spots/Stripes
Fab ‘n’ Funky #547 - Hand Coloured Image
Krafty Chicks #604 - All Occasions
Simon Says (Monday) - Bright and Cheerful (2nd entry)

For my second card I first stamped my “celebrate” sentiment, using my existing  Birthday Sentiments set. I then used the balloon stencil with Distress Oxide inks, and stamped the balloon strings. I stamped my remaining sentiment words, then stamped and embossed stars.  I added a little dimension to the balloons by stencilling a highlight using Versamark ink and shimmer chalk. Finally I matted the finished panel onto a blue border and the base card.

Here is an angled pic to show up the shimmery balloon highlights and silver stars a bit more ...


Stamps: Uniko Birthday SentimentsBalloon Bash;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Picked Raspberry, Kitsch Flamingo, Wilted Violet, Shaded Lilac, Blueprint Sketch, Salty Ocean); Versamark; Detail silver embossing powder;
Tools: Uniko stencil - Balloon Bash.  

Challenges I would like to enter:

Addicted to Stamps and More #425 - Die Cuts and/or Stencils (2nd entry)
Creative Crafters #50 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
DL. Art (March) - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Love To Craft #67 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)

I really think both the balloon stencil and candle stamps are simple but so effective when used with a large sentiment, and can be coloured for male, female or children’s cards; so I foresee some charity makes ahead… I’m sure there will be plenty more where these came from, and I’ll keep you updated with my progress. It only remains for me to reiterate my huge thanks to Bev at Uniko for her brilliant 10th birthday celebrations and amazingly generous prize. 

That’s all for today - take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

11 comments:

Chris said...

Congrats on your win, I love the bright and fun cards you've created with your fabulous prize. Thanks for playing along at Fab'n' Funky and Crafty Calendar Challenges.
Chris
x

Sarn said...

Two super birthday celebration cards here Pauline. Wonderfully colourful and sure to go down well with the recipient. Xxx

Ellibelle said...

Congrats again on your fabulous win, Pauline. You chose some really wonderful and useful products! And I am loving these birthday cards you made!

Liz said...

Two wonderful cards, I especially love the one with the candles. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Calendar Challenge this month. Good luck!
Congratulations on your win, have fun with all your new goodies.
Liz xx

Sueb said...

Hello,
What fabulous cards.
Thank you for sharing your card crafting skills with us at CRAFT challenge Https://trimmiescraftchallenge.blogspot.com
I look forward to seeing many more of your challenges.
With kind regards
Sue CRAFT DT
Blogspot handmadecardsbysb:wordpress.com

Melanie Hungerford said...

Wonderful card with all the colorful candles, so glad you joined us at Krafty Chicks this week!

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous cards.
Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge Blog challenge. Good luck Ginny DT for
CRAFT Challenge Blog
My Blog As I do Rodos

Susan Renshaw said...

Great cards! Love the balloons!
Thanks for sharing with Addicted to Stamps and More!

Jane Savage said...

Love those gorgeous balloons!
Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Gem of a Challenge! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things! xxx

Linby said...

Congrats on your win and some super stamps to play with. I have the bottom left sentiment ones, so useful.
You've made two fab cards too.

Dawn Frost said...

Great cards! Thanks for joining Colour Crazy Challenges, good luck! Dawn DT