Sunday 26 November 2023

Winter Reflections at Dusk


Hi everyone, today I would like to share a make that CASE's a fabulous Lavinia FB Live tutorial by Amanda Branston a couple of weeks ago, where she made a fabulous reflection scene with some of the new release stamps. (Sorry but I guess only members of that FB group will be able to see the video).  Amanda's original picture was in shades of grey and deep orange, and I did make a DL card very closely based on that as I love doing reflections and I absolutely adored this colour scheme. However I'm not entering that one into any challenges as it is a bit too close a copy of Amanda's original, so I made another card inspired by the original but I changed the shape to square, added more tree stamping and changed the colour scheme to a deep pink.


I cut a square of stamping card and created my background by brushing Distress Oxide inks across the card in Kitsch Flamingo, Stormy Sky and Black Soot. I created a horizon line by using the straight edge of a hill mask and Versafine Clair, then stamped various trees using a mixture of black and grey 1st/2nd generation stamping. For each stamped tree I created a reflection by samping with my gel press. I added a white Posca pen snow line, and additionally added snow highlights to the trees with Posca pen. In Amanda's tutorial she stamped snowflakes using Brilliance ink but I found this didn't work for me (I think I need a new inkpad) and I preferred the look of heat embossed snowflakes using Versamark and WOW White Twinkle embossing glitter. I stamped my sentiments and highlighted the word "Peace" with pink Sakura Stardust pen and white Posca pen "snowfall"., then added some sparkle to the water with my Spectrum Noir sparkle pen and some white gel pen highlights. Finally  edged the panel with black marker pen and matted onto my card blank.

Here is an angled picture to show the very sparkly snowflakes.


Stamps: Lavinia Small Pine Trees, Christmas Tree Group, Skeleton Tree Scene, Tree Scene, Snowflakes, Seasonal Words; Uniko Festive Sentiments;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Kitsch Flamingo, Stormy Sky, Black Soot); Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Morning Mist); Versamark; WOW White Twinkle embossing glitter; Sakura Stardust pen (pink); Posca pen (white); gel pen (white); Spectrum Noir sparkle pen (clear).

Challenges I would like to enter:

Allsorts #756 - Colours of Winter (2nd entry)
Crafty Catz #660 - Anything Goes with option Christmas/Winter (2nd entry)
FarmQuest Country Christmas #2 - Anything Country Christmas Goes (4th entry) - TOP 3
Happy Little Stampers : Christmas (November) - Anything Christmas Goes (2nd entry)
Inkspirational #303 - Seasonal (2nd entry)
Merry Little Christmas #53 - Anything Christmas Goes (5th entry)
My Time to Craft #521 - Got to be Christmas 
 (3rd entry)
Paper Dragonfly #23 - Anything Festive (3rd entry)
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Make It Sparkle (3rd entry)
Word Art Wednesday #623/624 - Anything Goes  (2nd entry)

Just for reference, here is my grey/orange DL card which is based very closely on Amanda's original tutorial picture.


Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Take care and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

16 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely beautiful card love all the sparkle and reflections-brilliant.
Carol x

Liz said...

Two absolutely stunning cards, Pauline. The reflections are perfect and I love the colours. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge with your square card using the Colours of Winter option. xx

Beccy said...

Gorgeous cards Pauline, you've done an incredible job with the backgrounds. I love the fading light and the fabulous colours. The reflection stamping is very effective. Great idea to add a little snow on top of the sentiment too. Beautiful.
Cheers,
Beccy

Alyson Mayo said...

These are simply stunning - love the colours and the gorgeous scenes! Thanks for sharing with us at MTTC :)

brenda said...

A lovely display of reflective stamping which confess I've not done in a while, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts this week.

B x

Linby said...

Two stunning cards using the reflection technique. I loved the pink, scrolled down and loved the orange too!

Sarn said...

Two absolute stunners. Truly beautiful winter scenes.
Love both colour ways. You’re so talented xxx

valscraftings said...

Thank you for joining us at Paper Dragonfly Creative Challenge! Val DT
https://paperdragonflycreativechallenges.blogspot.com/

Jules said...

Hi Pauline

Simply gorgeous!

I love what you have created here .. .. you have a wonderful eye for colour and blend your colours so beautifully!

Love Jules xx

Becca S said...

Wow!!! Both cards are stunning!!! I loved the pink square reflection card but then I saw the vertical orange one...and just let me say, my thoughts were shattered! Amazing!!! Both cards are just delightful! Masterpieces! I'm so humbled that you linked to FarmQuest Country Christmas! --Becca

coldwaters2 said...

WOW these are spectacular Pauline love how you have created the reflections superb work
hugs
lorraine x

Ellibelle said...

They both are so beautiful, especially loving the frosty pink scene which you've done so wonderfully. My gel press is being so neglected, I might have to make some time to watch a video on how to do this with the gel press. So great to see you again at Allsorts challenge!

Julia Aston said...

What gorgeous reflection cards you have created here Pauline! SO pretty in the pink and gray - and equally lovely in the orange and gray - I can't stop looking at these! thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational: Seasonal - Julia xx

Aunty Sue said...

Oh wowzer these are awesome and thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz

Cynthia said...

Both scenes are gorgeous, Pauline! Thank you for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday this week!

cm said...

Hello Pauline...popping in to let your know that your gorgeous card was a Top Pick for the Inkspirational Seasonal Challenge. Thank you so much for joining us!
~carol