Sunday 5 November 2023

Christmas Joy


Hi everyone, today I would like to share with you some Christmas Joy … that is both the name of the focal stamp on this card, but also an apt description of the warm fuzzy feeling I had when I was creating with some of the wonderful new Lavinia stamps. Although I really like Lavinia stamps I wouldn’t normally describe myself as a “super fan” - that is to say I don’t normally go into a frenzy of excitement over each new release. However I can’t tell you how much I love the latest stamps … the new Christmas trees and snowflakes are absolutely exquisite, and I am feeling full of ideas of how to use them, both alone, with existing stamps I have already, and even with existing stamps I don’t have yet!! Here is my first card using “Christmas Joy”, which I made as an entry for Lavinia’s monthly Creative Challenge but which I would also like to enter into some other challenges.


I cut a square of white stamping card and created a landscape by blending Elements inks using my new Mini Hills Masks and a circle mask for the moon. I made some paper masks by drawing round my acetate Mini Hills masks so I could then stamp some background fir trees in 1st/2nd generation grey Versafine Clair. I stamped the focal tree in the foreground in green and brown, then coloured it by painting with watered down Elements ink and a wash of Spectrum Noir sparkle pen, and coloured the tree baubles with Posca sparkle pens. I wanted fairies to be decorating the tree but none of mine were really suitable, so I improvised by masking and stamping different parts of the stamp “Dancing Till Dawn” to represent the fairies dancing round the tree whilst bringing lanterns. I added lanterns to the tree and to the fairies’ hands by masking my Small Lanterns stamp, then coloured them and the fairy wings with Sakura Stardust pens. I stamped some hanging creepers at the top to frame the scene, then liberally highlighted the scene with my clear Sakura Stardust pen. I stamped the word "Joy" in Twilight VFC over the moon - for the Lavinia Challenge I stopped there, but for other challentes i added some extra greetings words by Uniko.  Finally I added white Posca snowflakes before matting onto midnight blue card stock and a 6” square card blank. 

Here's an angled picture to show the sparkle.


Stamps: Lavinia Christmas Joy, Small Pine Trees, Christmas Tree Group, Dancing Till Dawn, Small Lanterns, Leaf Creeper, Seasonal Words; Uniko Festive Sentiments;
Media: Lavinia Elements Inks (Della Blue, Dark Denim, Olive); Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Morning Mist, Shady Lane, Pinecone, Rainforest, Twilight); Sakura Stardust pens (yellow, blue, turquoise, clear); Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen (clear); Posca Sparkle pens (Yellow, Blue, Light Blue); Posca pen (white);
Tools: Lavinia Mini Hills masks, acetate circle mask.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Allsorts #753 - The Great Outdoors - TOP 5
Beccy’s Month of Holiday Cards (November) - D is for Dancing Till Dawn
Daisy Chain #80 - Christmas/Winter
Dragonfly Dreams (November) - Inspiration Photo
(I was inspired by the blue baubles)

The Fairy and the Unicorn #11 2023 - Anything Goes Fantasy - WINNER
Festive Friday - Christmas
Lavinia Creative Challenge (November) - White Winter Blizzard (version with single word “Joy”) (2nd entry)
Sheepski #80 - Getting Ready for Christmas
Stamping Sensations (November) - Get Ready for Christmas
Try It On Tuesday - Sparkle All the Way  (2nd entry) - END OF YEAR SPOTLIGHT 2023
We Love Stamping (November) - Christmas Characters

That’s all from me for today, though I may be doing some more crafting later if the weather continues to be so awful! Take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

25 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

This is beautiful, Pauline! Jo x

brenda said...

They've had a fair amount of now where your Fairies live Pauline but they don't look concerned dancing about - and I need that tree which I figure is newish. Thanks so much for sharing your pretty card with us at Allsorts, Stamping Sensations and We Love Stamping challenges.

B x

Chris said...

A beautiful, magical snow scene with the joyful fairies dancing around the Christmas tree, love how you have masked your stamps and added the lanterns to get the effect you wanted. Thank you for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.
Chris
x

valscraftings said...

Thank you for joining in at The Most Magical Time of the Year. DT - Val
https://mostmagicaltimeoftheyear.blogspot.com

Birgit said...

I saw this over at the Unicorn blog and had to visit. This is stunning! I love the scene you created. Makes me want to try and do something similar

Ellibelle said...

What a beautiful Christmas card you made with these gorgeous fairies which I have as well. The new Tree looks amazing, may have to take a look if any US stockists have it yet. Truly wonderful and magical card, so perfect for my optional theme at Allsorts challenge too. Thank you so much for joining in!

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful Wintry scene and stamps love the tree and all the sparkle.
Carol x
Thank you for joining us at Stamping Sensation and Dragonfly Dreams.
Carol DT x

Sarah said...

What a magical outdoor scene. Beautifully done and very welcome at Allsorts. Sarah

Mrs.B said...

A lovely magical snowy scene Pauline and love the idea of the fairies decorating the tree as they dance around.
The lanterns are a lovely touch.
Avril xx
p.s Thanks for sharing this at Stamping Sensations and Try it on Tuesday. x

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my this is beautiful Pauline the scene you have created is quite magical
hugs
lorraine x

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Pauline I forgot to thank you for joining us at We Love Stamping
hugs
lolo x

Beccy said...

What a joyful card you've created Pauline, the images are wonderful! The little fairies certainly look happy dancing around their beautiful Christmas Tree. You've done a fabulous job creating a magical scene.
Cheers,
Beccy

HilaryJane said...

It's beautiful. I can see why you like those stamps. The tree has grabbed my attention. Gorgeous xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

An absolutely gorgeous card Pauline. The scene you have created by combining these beautiful stamps is delightful. Thanks for sharing at Allsorts this week.
Lorraine

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Amazing and magical card and how clever adorning the beautiful tree with lanterns to match the dancing fairies! Love so much the background and how you built the whole scene!
Thanks so much for joining us at We Love Stamping!

Sarn said...

A wonderfully joyous Christmas card with that fab Christmas tree and the dancing fairies. Great background landscape too xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! What a beautiful scene you created, a gorgeous card Pauline.
Faith x

Linby said...

Love how colourful your tree is, a beautiful scene.

R's Rue said...

So beautiful. I love it. Well done. Hugs. All the best to your creativity.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Dora said...

What a beautiful scene. Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations.

Mervi said...

Glorious and beautiful card!
Thank you for sharing at We Love Stamping Challenge.
DT Mervi

Gail Hutchinson said...

Pauline I love your silhouette card, it is so Christmasy. Thank you for sharing with us over here at Sheepski Designs and best of luck with your entry.

Gail DT for https://sheepski-designs-challenges.blogspot.com/

Ilonka said...

What a wonderful card, thanks for sharing it with us at Sheepski Designs Challenges Blog.
Big hugs Ilonka DT

Ilonka said...

What a beautiful card, thanks for sharing it with us at The Outlawz Festive Friday Challenge.
Hugs Ilonka DT

Granmargaret said...

Lovely work. I love Fairy stamps. Thank you for joining The Fairy and The Unicorn challenge. Hope to see you again.