Monday 13 November 2023

A Snowflake is Winter’s Butterfly


Hi everyone, today’s share is a bit of a mash up of various designs I have seen using the stunning new Lavinia snowflake stamps, with a couple of little twists of my own.


I started by making a master board (is that the right word?) by blending three vibrant colours of Distress Oxide ink randomly onto a piece of stamping card. I went for pink, orange and yellow as I particularly wanted contemporary but unusual Christmas colours. I randomly stamped the different snowflake stamps from the various Lavinia stamp sets using Versamark and heat embossed with detail white embossing powder, then filled in the gaps by stamping more snowflakes using 1st and 2nd generation Charming Pink and Summertime Versafine Clair.  I cut three stitched frames using my stitched square dies, then cut the inked panel into 3 pieces, each of which would fit behind a frame. Before attaching I randomly stamped teeny snowflakes cascading in opposite corners on each frame, and stamped an old wooden Hero Arts sentiment stamp in another corner in grey. I attached a stamped panel behind each frame then attached them to card blanks, and finished by adding some teeny pink gems to the largest snowflake centres. 

I ended up with 3 cards that were fundamentally the same from this crafting session, so I am just sharing one of them here.

Stamps: Lavinia Large Snowflakes, Small Snowflakes, Snowflakes; Hero Arts Winter’s Butterfly;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Squeezed Lemonade, Picked Raspberry, Ripe Persimmon); Versafine Clair (Charming Pink, Summertime, Morning Mist); Versamark; detail white embossing powder;
Tools: Hunkydory Moonstone Duo-Stitched Square dies.

Challenges I would like to enter: 

613 Avenue Create (November) - Anything Goes with option Embossing (2nd entry) - TOP ROCKER
Art Impressions #364 - Making Spirits Bright
As You Like It - Favourite Modern or Traditional Christmas Colours (and why)
(I like both, but my favourite is modern colours as I love the opportunity to make vibrant and eye catching designs where the colour pops!)
Aud Sentiments #307 - Christmas Plus a Sentiment
Christmas Kickstart Challenge #80 - It’s Christmas Jim, but not as we know it!
(Unusual Christmas colour combo)
Crafty Catz #658 - Make It Sparkle (2nd entry)
Creative Inspirations (November) - Contemporary Christmas Colours - TOP 3
Daisy Chain #80 - Christmas/Winter (2nd entry)
Krafty Chicks #689 - Christmas
Merry Little Christmas #53 - Anything Christmas Goes
Most Magical Time of the Year #14 - Christmas (2nd entry)
Peace on Earth #51 - Anything Christmas Goes
Shopping Our Stash #509 - Emboss Like a Boss (2nd entry)
Simon Says (Monday) - Grunge It Up (3rd entry)
Unicorn Challenge #93 - Christmas

Take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

19 comments:

Jules said...

Hi Pauline

What a bright and beautiful Christmas card .. .. I love your colour choices and design.

Looking forward to seeing the others you made from the same cardmaking session.

Love Jules xx

brenda said...

What an effective design Pauline and like the alternative seasonal colours.

B x

Diane said...

Whoa, that is a creatively beautiful card!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
Diane POE Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Peace On Earth}

Ellibelle said...

Love these non-traditional colors for Christmas/Winter. And such beautiful snowflakes!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! What a fabulous bright and happy card, love the colour mix and the snowflakes.
Faith x

coldwaters2 said...

Wow what a beautiful festive creation Pauline those colours are so eye catching and the sentiment is perfect well done
hugs
lorraine x

Beccy said...

Your snowflake stamps are wonderful, Pauline, I love how you've stamped them in layers over your pretty background. The darker colours under the nice bright white really gives dimension to the scene. Love the sentiment too.
Cheers,
Beccy

Sarn said...

This is a beautiful Christmas card. I adore the colours used. Xxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

I just love the colours you have used in this fabulous design Pauline. Very pretty and effective.
Lorraine

dj said...

Beautiful!! I love that you used non-traditional colors!! Way to go shopping your stash!! Thanks for playing along with our "embossing" challenge over at Shopping Our Stash...we are so glad your joined the fun!!
Deb Horst, DT #SOS509

Dotty Jo said...

This is so pretty! I love the colour combo and how you've taken the snowflakes across the card. Thanks for joining the Sisterhood at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

JulieP said...

I love the non traditional color choices!!! It makes for a bright and cheery holiday card. Thanks so much for playing along with the Christmas Kickstart Challenge.

Linby said...

A pretty and colourful design. I like how you used the smaller snowflakes on the frame.

Em Louise Fairley said...

Love this, Pauline. Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create. I hope we see you on the front porch again soon!

Hugs, Em
613 Avenue Create DT
Creative Em my blog
Creative Em on YouTube my Youtube channel

Susan said...

Beautiful non-traditional colours! Lovely framing of the central panel of snowflakes and a great sentiment. Thanks so much for joining us at Peace on Earth!

Sue said...

Stunning card and the colours are gorgeous thanks for joining us at 613 Ave Create hugs x

Lisa said...

Great nontraditional colors on this really gorgeous card.

Paper Scissors Glitter said...

Such a pretty snowflake card. Love the blended colours. Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations Jayne DT

Em Louise Fairley said...

Pauline, I'm back again from the front porch at 613 Avenue Create to congratulate you on being chosen as the winner of the prize from our November sponsor, SheepSki designs. Please see our latest challenge for info on how to claim your prize!

Hugs, Em
613 Avenue Create DT
Creative Em my blog
Creative Em on YouTube my Youtube channel