Friday 17 November 2023

Trimming the tree


Hi everyone, I’m here again with another Lavinia fantasy Christmas scene … I can’t seem to stop playing with these new stamps and combining them with my existing ones! Today I had the idea that I wanted a fairy decorating the tree again, so this time I used the lovely Olivia. 


I created my background by blending Distress Oxide inks using my Lavinia Mini Hills masks and circle mask, then stamped some background fir trees using 1st and 2nd generation Morning Mist Versafine Clair. I stamped the focal Christmas tree using Shady Lane and Pinecone VFC, then Olivia the fairy and Pipin in Nocturne, masking the dandelion clock that is usually in Olivia’s hand. I then stamped and heat embossed a gold star in Olivia’s hand .. she is just about to place it on top of the tree while Pipin looks on!! I coloured the tree baubles with Posca Sparkle pens and Sakura Stardust pen, which I also used to colour Olivia’s wings. I added a wash of Wink of Stella to the tree, and highlighted the scene liberally with clear Sakura Stardust pen, white gel pen, white Posca pen. And more Wink of Stella. I still felt it needed something more, so I added some 2nd generation background wording in Medieval Blue. Finally I added some shadowing with a watercolour pencil, some faux snow spatters with white Posca pen, edged the card in black then matted onto pink card stock and a card blank.

As usual this card is much more sparkly than the first picture shows so here is an angled one.


Stamps: Lavinia Christmas Joy, Olivia (small), Small Pine Trees, Christmas Tree Group, North Star Mini, Pipin, Winter Magic;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Stormy Sky, Kitsch Flamingo, Blueprint Sketch); Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Morning Mist, Shady Lane, Pinecone, Medieval Blue); Versamark; WOW Metallic Gold regular embossing powder; Posca Sparkle pens (pink, purple); Posca pens (silver, white); Sakura Stardust pens (pink, clear); Wink of Stella;
Tools: Lavinia Mini Hills masks, circle masks.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Allsorts #754 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Beccy’s Month of Holiday Cards - Day 17 - O is for Outdoors, Ornaments
Creative Moments #252 - Winter (2nd entry)
The Fairy and the Unicorn #11 2023 - Anything Goes Fantasy
The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge #152 - Anything Christmas Goes (2nd entry)
Lavinia Creative Challenge (November) - White Winter Blizzard  (4th entry)
Merry Little Christmas #53 - Anything Christmas Goes (3rd entry)
My Time to Craft #521 - Got to be Christmas
Sheepski #80 - Getting Ready For Christmas (2nd entry)
Stamping Sensations (November) - Get Ready for Christmas (2nd entry)
Try It On Tuesday - Baby It’s Cold Outside (2nd entry)
Use Your Stuff #497 - Winter/Snow (3rd entry)

Take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

19 comments:

Beccy said...

Your card is wonderful Pauline, so much sparkle and shine! You did an amazing job with the background, the colours are gorgeous and make me think of a winter moonrise. I love the beautiful tree with the pink and purple decorations, they match the other colours perfectly.
Cheers,
Beccy

coldwaters2 said...

What a beautiful creation Pauline you have worked your magic yet again with this superb card thank you for joining us at Allsorts
hugs
lolo x

brenda said...

This is really pretty, thanks so much for joining us again at Allsorts and Stamping Sensations challenges.

Eventually got back to my Lavinia basket, problem is I waited till I had more time so I could browse properly and you know the outcome!

B x

Linby said...

A beautiful Christmas scene. Thanks for taking part at Allsorts challenge.

Sarah said...

Such a beautiful card. Love the soft colour choice for this gorgeous scene. Than you for sharing at Allsorts. Sarah

Sarn said...

You’ve created such a lovely scene. Beautiful card xxx

Liz said...

Fabulous card Pauline, what a wonderful scene. xx

Lisa said...

Fabulous scene and great colors.

Ellibelle said...

Another fabulous scene Pauline, such gorgeous frosty colors! Love it!

HilaryJane said...

It's beautiful, I love it. Such a wonderful scene and a great idea to have the fairy dressing the tree xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

The beautiful pink and lilac hues in this scene create a gorgeous backdrop for your stamping.
Lorraine

pearshapedcrafting said...

I'm loving all the sparkle here in this magical scene. Another lovely entry for Try It On Tuesday, thanks for sharing, hugs, Chrisx

Alyson Mayo said...

What an elegant scene - love the background! Thanks for sharing with us at MTTC :)

Fiona said...

wow this is beautiful Pauline, just perfect.

Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.

Fi
x

Ilonka said...

What a gorgeous card, thanks for sharing it with us at The Fairy and Unicorn Challenge Blog.
Ilonka DT

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! I really love the colour mix, with your beautiful sparkly tree and silhouettes, Love this.
Faith x

ClaireB said...

Fabulous card Pauline, great colour tones and techniques that you've used. Thanks for joining us at the Fairy and the Unicorn Challenge this month Claire DT

Jules said...

Absolutely beautiful and so magical Pauline!

I love the design very much. Great colour choices and that tree stamp is gorgeous.

Love Jules xx

Mrs.B said...

A gorgeous card Pauline, I did something similar with Starr (DT piece for next month) I like how you've made this fairly for Christmas. Avril.
ps. Thanks for sharing at Try it on Tuesday.