Tuesday 21 November 2023

Rufus and Robin


Hi everyone, today I would like to share another Christmas card, featuring the first outing for my new Lavinia fox  Rufus. I bought him at the beginning of October but haven’t had chance to play with him until now.


I cut a square of white stamping card and blended Elements ink through a square mask using my Mini Hill Masks to make my background. I stamped Rufus in one corner using Versafine in Sepia, then over-stamped using Pinecone VFC smudged onto the edges of the stamp and added shading with black fineliner and white gel pen. I masked the hills and added some background trees on the right in 1st/2nd generation blue and grey,  then added the fir branches stamping first in green, then adding some in Versamark heat embossed with WOW White Twinkle embossing glitter. I stamped my small lanterns hanging from the branches, coloured them with yellow Sakura Stardust pen, and added a halo of light to each one by colouring through my White Orbs stencil. I masked the white areas of the card and added some white Posca pen snow spatters. I still felt it needed something more, so I added the teeny AALL & Create robin and coloured him with Distress watercolor pencils. Finally I added some highlights to the snow with my Spectrum Noir sparkle pen, stamped my sentiments, then matted the finished panel onto midnight blue linen card stock and a card blank.


Stamps: Lavinia Rufus, Small Pine Trees, Red Pine (small); Small Lanterns, Fern Branch; AALL & Create #690 Robin & Nuthatch; Woodware Christmas Sparkle (sentiments);
Media: Lavinia Elements ink (Della Blue); Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor Pencils (Barn Door, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain); Versafine (Sepia);  Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Pinecone, Twilight, Morning Mist, Shady Lane); Versamark; WOW White Twinkle embossing glitter; Sakura Stardust pens (yellow, clear); Spectrum Noir sparkle pen (clear); Posca pen (white);
Tools: Press to Impress large square mask; Lavinia Mini Hill Masks; Lavinia White Orbs stencil.

Challenges I would like to enter:

52 Christmas Card Throwdown - Winter Countryside - WINNER
Allsorts #755 - Christmas Time
As You Like It - Favourite Christmas Critter (and why) (2nd entry)
(I think I already mentioned that I adore robins .. they are just so cute!)
Creative Moments #252 - Winter (3rd entry)
FarmQuest Country Christmas #2 - Anything Country Christmas Goes (3rd entry)
MAWTT #160 - Christmas Animals (2nd entry) - TOP 5
Sparkles #170 - Winter Animals (2nd entry)
Stamping Sensations (November) - Get Ready for Christmas (3rd entry)
Try It On Tuesday - Baby It’s Cold Outside (3rd entry) - TOP 5

I think I need some more practice with colouring Rufus, but I’m not too displeased for a first attempt. I’m powering ahead now with my Christmas cards so I’ll be back soon with some more!

Take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

25 comments:

Viv said...

Really lovely scene using my fave fox! (Great minds and all that!)
Loving that cute robin - wonderful card! x

brenda said...

I wonder exactly what Rufus is thinking looking up at the A&C Robin, I hope they are good thoughts! Lovey winter scene and perfect for our Christmas theme at Stamping Sensations, thank for sharing.

B x

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and stamped scene,love the sparkly snowy foliage and the beautiful Fox and little Robin.
Carol x
Thank you for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
Carol DT x

Beccy said...

The lanterns are fantastic Pauline, I love the warm "glow" you've added. The fox and the little red robin are lovely, they look as though they're admiring the lanterns too!
Cheers,
Beccy

Linby said...

A lovely combination of stamps to make this fabulous wintry scene. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations challenge.
I've given in and ordered the robin!

Jenny L said...

HI Pauline,
oh I love your wonderful card and the gorgeous scene you have created with those inks and stamps.
Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L DT

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Another stunning scene, love Rufus and the little robin speaking to him, all lit up with the bright lanterns.
Faith x

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful festive scene Pauline love the cute animals this is another magical card thank you for joining us at Allsorts
hugs
lolo x

Liz said...

A beautiful scene and a lovely sentiment, Pauline Gorgeous card. xx

Becca S said...

Oooo!! Awesome!!! You're building the greatest scenes with your combinations of inking, stenciling, and stamping! Those little lanterns are too cute! The fox is fantastic! You've made a wonderful wintery nature scene for this Christmas card! Thanks for sharing again at FQCCCB! --Becca

Jules said...

Hi Pauline

Robins are a favourite here too!

Another great card and a great little scene.

Love Jules xx

Wendy L said...

A lovely scene card, thanks for joining us at the MAWTT challenge xx

Anke said...

WOW Pauline your card is so beautiful, I love your wintry scene with the fox and the little robin.

Hugs
Anke

Ellibelle said...

So beautiful Pauline, love this wonderful winter scene! I have some Lavinia Foxes too, it's been a while since I used them and think I've only used them once!! The robin is really cute!! I ordered that robin set on my last Aall and Create order (not here yet) and never even noticed that little one.

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card with your sweet little robin and the fox, fabulous scene..Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge this fortnight at As You Like It..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Heather said...

What an adorable card!! The square mask is perfect for setting off this fabulous scene you created! Thanks for playing with Creative Moments.

Marlena M. said...

Stunning texture and detailing! Thank you for joining us at INkspirational~

Deanne Saunders said...

Your card is adorable!!! Thanks so much for participating in our FARM QUEST COUNTRY CHRISTMAS challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

AndrejaM said...

Beautiful Christmas card. Thanks for playing at 52 CCT challange.

Mrs.B said...

A lovely card Pauline, love the scene you've built up around Rufus and the little Robin in the tree.
Thanks for sharing at Try it on Tuesday. Avril xx

pinky said...

Your card is just beautiful Pauline. Perfect little scene though I hope they are friends lol. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.
Pinky

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what a wonderful design! Loving your wintery scene with the pretty robin and fox - perfect 😊. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! Hugs, Jo x

Valentina B said...

What a gorgeous winter Christmas card. The textures are just amazing and I love al lthe sparkling and the three little light ornaments and a tiny little RObin and such a heart warming sentiment. Thank you for joining us at 52CCT theme challenge, Valentina DT

Zw@@n said...

Me again. What a beautiful card, Pauline.Great scene and i love the stamps. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. xx Wilma

Kathy said...

Pauline, your card is so beautiful and captures the heart of the challenge at 52 CCT. Looking forward to you joining as guest designer! Smiles, Kathy DT