Wednesday 15 November 2023

I Spy With My Little Eye #9


Hi everyone, it's the third Wednesday in the month which means it's time for a new I Spy With My Little Eye... challenge over at Ellibelle's Corner.  Thanks so much to everyone who joined in last time … please do check over on Ellie’s blog to see if you are one of our top picks. 

Ellie has chosen the challenge theme this month, and it is

I Spy With My Little Eye 

 Sparkle and/or Shine 

I know I love a bit of sparkle … don’t we all? So we look forward to seeing your sparkly pens, shimmery paints or sprays, glitters, gilding polishes and flakes, sparkly embossing powders, sequins  and gems .. the possibilities are endless! Please do pop over to Ellie's blog to see her fab creation and link up your entries here

We also have another guest designer this month - Jolanda - so please do visit her blog here to see her fab interpretation of this month’s challenge theme.

Here's my card for the challenge. I love sparkle and shine when it comes to Christmas cards and I am also loving my new Lavinia stamps, so I brought them together for this make. 


I used a large circle mask to create a circle of blended Elements ink, then created some hills and moon by blending more Elements using my Mini Hills masks and a home made small circle mask. I stamped various old and new fir trees inside the circle in a variety of shades of Versafine Clair using 1st and 2nd generation, then stamped the little houses on the right, adding lights in the windows with a Sakura Stardust pen.... these li'l houses are new to me as I bought them to go with the new release stamps when I visited the Lavinia shop, and I'm very pleased with what they add to a scene.  I stamped the berry wreath around the edge of the circle and coloured the berries with Sakura Stardust pens, then closed the gap by stamping snowflakes using Versamark, heat embossed with silver sparkle embossing powder. I stamped the sentiment and highlighted it with a Stardust pen, and also highlighted the scene with a clear Stardust pen and Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen. Finally I edged the finished panel in black and matted onto lilac card stock and my card blank.

As is so often the case this card is much more sparkly than the picture really shows - here is an angled shot to attempt to show the abundance of sparkle from the embossing glitter, Sakura Stardust pens and Spectrum Noir sparkle pen (very similar of Wink of Stella) ... I didn't hold back on this one!!


Stamps: Lavinia Small Pine Trees, Red Pine (small), Fairy Fir Tree (small), Small Dwellings, Berry Wreath, Small Snowflakes, Snowflakes, Seasonal Words;
Media: Lavinia Elements ink (Violet Chalk); Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Twilight, Morning Mist, Monarch); Versamark; WOW Metallic Silver Sparkle embossing glitter; Sakura Stardust pens (purple, yellow, clear); Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen (clear); Posca pen (white);
Tools: Lavinia Mini Hill Masks.

Challenges I would like to enter:

ABC Christmas - W is for Wreath
Beccy’s Month of Holiday Cards - Day 15, M is for Moon
(I have used 11 silver embossed snowflakes)
Christmas Kickstart #80 - It's Christmas Jim, but not as we know it! (2nd entry)
(Non-traditional Christmas colour combo)
Creative Inspirations (November) - Contemporary Christmas Colours (2nd entry)
Daisy Chain #80 - Christmas/Winter (3rd entry) - TOP 5
FarmQuest Country Christmas #2 - Anything Goes Country Christmas 
Krafty Chicks #689 - Christmas (2nd entry) - TOP 3
Lavinia Creative Challenge (November) - White Winter Blizzard  (3rd entry)
Merry Little Christmas #53 - Anything Christmas Goes (2nd entry)
Try It On Tuesday - Baby It’s Cold Outside
Unicorn Challenge #93 - Christmas (2nd entry)
Use Your Stuff #497 - Winter/Snow

The I Spy challenge will end on the Sunday before the next challenge starts at 23:39 US Central Time - so this time that is Sunday December 17th, and the next challenge will begin on Wednesday December 20th. 

Take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

21 comments:

Sarn said...

WOW! Just WOW!
A lovely glitzy snowy fairy village. Superb xxx

Beccy said...

Beautiful card Pauline, you've sure nailed the sparkle!! The silver snowflakes are gorgeous and I also love the inked circle that frames your image. Fantastic techniques!
Cheers,
Beccy

brenda said...

Another magical Christmas creation Pauline, I have those snowflakes in my basket along with a few others, was just waiting for a bit of time to browse what else I might need.

B x

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful snowy Wintry scene,love all the stamps and sparkle.
Carol x

Becca S said...

Gorgeous wintery scene that looks crisp, clean, and magical! A beautiful winter wonderland! Marvelous detailing with your layering for the scene! Truly spectacular! Thanks for sharing at FarmQuest Country Christmas!! --Becca

Ellibelle said...

Simply beautiful Pauline! Love the purple and silver combo. Non-traditional for Christmas but one of my favorite combos. Reminds me of the time as a teen when I decided we'd have a purple and silver Christmas tree.
Those little houses do add so much to the scene and I love that you "turned on the lights" inside with a yellow marker. Beautiful sparkle too, it shows up so well on the second photo but can see a bit of it on the first photo too!

Dotty Jo said...

I do love a sparkly Christmas card! You've put so much thought and effort into this, Pauline, and the result is beautiful. Thanks for joining the Sisterhood again at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

JulieP said...

The perceived depth on your creation is outstanding!!! Wow! Beautiful. Thanks so much for playing along with the Christmas Kickstart Challenge.

Linby said...

Just magical! Love all the sparkle.

papierelle said...

You have created a beautiful winter scene and the glitter is just part of it.

Lisa said...

I love the wonderful scene you created in your half wreath.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh my Pauline! This is a super little scene - I love those little houses! Thanks so much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday, Chrisx

My name is Erika. said...

This is a beautiful but definitely chilly look card Pauline. I like the sparkle too. Thanks for joining us at TIOT. Have a great rest of your weekend. hugs-Erika

Meggymay said...

A lovely winter scene and card Design. Thank you for linking with us at Try it on Tuesdays,
Yvonne

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! Pauline, this is gorgeous, what a wonderful mix of colours and design.
Faith x

Deanne Saunders said...

Wow! Beautiful!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR 'ROUND challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Het hobbyhoekje van Annie said...

Such a lovely Christmas card with Lavinia stamps.
Thanks for sharing with us at Christmas Crafts All Year Round.
Annie (DT)

Lynda said...

Just stunning - great use of the colours - but the overall stamping of the images just grabbed me - fabulous. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous little scene, so magical.
Thanks for sharing at Try it on Tuesday. Avril xx

Paper Scissors Glitter said...

Love your sparkly Christmas card, so pretty. Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations Jayne DT

Ann Chuang Crafts said...

Such a beautiful Christmas card. Thanks for joining us at Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog! Hope to see you again soon!! HUGS!