Thursday 9 November 2023

C.R.A.F.T. #697 G.D.T. - For Children


Hi everyone, another week has flown by, so it's time for a new C.R.A.F.T. Challenge and my second GDT card. This week's challenge is 

*** For Children ***

This week's fabulous sponsor is 


The prize is 2 digi images from their shop.

Here is my GDT card for this week.


I very rarely have to make cards for children, so I had to get my thinking cap on for this one. In the end I plumped for this adorable old Lili of the Valley stamp of a teddy peeking out of a gift box .. it just struck me as very cute for a little girl. I coloured the image with Promarkers and Flexmarkers and highlighted the flowers on the gift box with sparkly Sakura Stardust pens. I cut the image out with a stitched notched square die, then cut a larger notched square from a snippet of pink card stock for matting. I also used up a couple of large snippets of old but well-loved LotV papers for my background, matted onto a stitched square of pink card stock, and I finshed off with a Penny Black sentiment.

Here's an angled pic to show the sparkle on the box.


Stamps: LotV Patchwork Teddy; Penny Black Salutations;
Media: Promarkers & Flexmarkers; Memento ink (black); Versafine Clair (Paradise); Sakura Stardust pens (pink, green, turquoise, purple); 
Papers: LotV Nitwits "Bonnets and Bowties"; 
Tools: Stitched notched square die and Stitched Notched rectangle die (unbranded); Hunkydory Moonstone Duo-Stitched Square die.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Addicted to Stamps and More #456 - Make Your Mark (2nd entry)
Creations In Pink #63 - Anything Goes in Mainly Pink
I ❤️ Promarkers #546 - Anything Goes with option In the Pink
Let's Craft and Create #201 - Stitched Up (Real or Faux)
Passion for Markers #715 - Favourite Stamp
(I don’t really have a particular favourite, but adore this one as it is so cute and also very easy to colour which is important for me as I have lost my confidence colouring with markers)
(all the pieces of card and papers on this were snippets from my box)

We hope you can join in with the challenge this week - please do pop over to the C.RA.F.T. Challenge blog to see the fabulous inspiration from the Design Team and to link up your entry.

Take care and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

11 comments:

Linby said...

So cute and well done on using your snippets. As I saw your design I was thinking it would use up some DPs!

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous card,love the cute image and pretty papers.
Carol x

Sarn said...

A very cute little LoTV bear and a lovely birthday card in pastel colours.

Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse for a mug of hot chocolate later. x

Ellibelle said...

A really adorable card Pauline, any little girl would absolutely love to receive it!

Crafty KJ said...

This is so adorable and I love this sweet image! Your colouring is fab and I love your choice of papers too! Those die cut frames look great and the sparkle is perfect! Thanks for joining in with my challenge this week at Passion for Markers. Hugs, Karen x

Tracie said...

Such a sweet card. You colored the image so perfectly and your layout is amazing. Thanks for sharing with us at PIP Challenges.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Such a lovely girly card, pretty papers, design, and bear Pauline.
Faith x

Alyson Mayo said...

What a cute card with an adorable image. Thanks for sharing with us at HLS Birthday :)

Marlene Atkinson said...

This is so sweet, beautifully coloured. Thank you for sharing with us at Passion for Markers. Marlene

Di said...

A lovely card Pauline - we all miss LOTV, sigh. Your colouring is excellent - don't be too hard on yourself chick!

Hugs

Di xx

Susan Renshaw said...

How cute is this!
Thank you for sharing with Addicted to Stamps and More!