Tuesday 28 November 2023

All Squared Off


Hi everyone, this month’s ATC challenge in the Tracy Evans AALL & Create FB group is “All Squared Off”.  I’m rather late to the party with these as I have rather allowed the month to run away from me, but loving both ATC’s and Tracy’s stamps as I do I finally gave myself a shove to join in! Participants can make any number of ATC’s within reason so this time I decided to go large and made a set of 5!! Not only will this allow me to receive a fab variety of ATC’s from other makers, but it also enabled me to use up all sorts of snippets! All the pieces of white and black card used in this project came from my snippets stash.


I cut 5 pieces of white card 3.25” x 2.25” and coloured each one by smooshing with a different colour of Lavinia Elements ink. I then stamped a background on each one using a co-ordinating colour of Versafine Clair, then stamped my focal flower in black. I stamped 5 more flowers onto various snippets of white card and water coloured them with watered down Elements inks in the same colours of the backgrounds, then die cut two stitched squares from each one, for the main flower and circles, and attached. I coloured the smaller flowers with Sakura Stardust pen to add some shimmer, then stamped the teeny sentiments onto a separate snippet of smooth black card stock and heat embossed with detail white embossing powder, cut out and attached.  Finally I edged each card with a black marker pen and matted onto 3.5” x2.5” black linen card stock, and added some teeny heart gems.

Here are some closeups.

1/5

2/5

3/5

4/5

5/5

Stamps: AALL & Create #304 Heartfelt, #986 The Good;
Media: Lavinia Elements ink (Paprika, Blue Lagoon, Lime Punch, Violet Chalk, Russet Orange); Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Tulip Red, Paradise, Verdant, Monarch, Summertime); Versamark; detail white embossing powder; Sakura Stardust pen (clear); 
Tools: Hunkydory Duo-Stitched Square dies;
Other: heart gems from my stash.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Allsorts #756 - Anything Goes (2nd entry) - Blue ATC
ATC’s Around the World (November)The Colour Blue - TOP 3
Double Trouble #154 - Keep Calm and Stitch On (2nd entry)
Dream Valley #306Anything Goes
Outlawz (November)Anything Goes in a Card Free Zone
Shopping Our Stash #510 - Splish, Splash (watercolour)
Simon Says (Wednesday)Make It Sparkle (4th entry)
Use Your Stuff #480 - Shine Bright
Word Art Wednesday #623/624Anything Goes (2nd entry)

It’s been a while since I made any ATC’s so making these was a lot of fun, though much more time consuming than I anticipated! Take care and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

16 comments:

ScrappyHorses said...

What fun and inspirational/positive ATC's! Beautiful colors and the delightful floral adds to the fun! Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Outlawz Anything Goes in a Card Free Zone! ~Katrina

Suzanne Reynolds said...

What a cool bunch of ATC cards, love the background combination of smooching, stamping, splattering, and water coloring and layouts... and the use and contrast of the white stitched frames. And such pretty selection of colors. I have never created ATC's but would be fun to make some and have them in your stash to use as focal point for a card. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble.

Linby said...

Time and patience I can see made these beautiful ATCs and it was time well invested. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

These are fabulous ATC's, I love the bright colours!
This stamp is gorgeous, I've seen Sarn,(stamping for Pleasure Blog) using it recently and thought that I might have to purchase it, now seeing it here it will definitely be going in my basket.
Lorraine

brenda said...

You really are a bust been lately Pauline, lots of lovely bright colours today, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Alyson Mayo said...

Such a cute design - love the text on the flower petals. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

coldwaters2 said...

Fantastic set of ATC's Pauline love both the stamp and the colours
hugs
lorraine x

Sarn said...

Really love this colourful collection of ATCs using up loads of your snippets and my fave flower stamp!!!

Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. See you on the swings xxx

Di said...

Absolutely fabulous ATCs using such a popular stamp - LOVE them all! Great work Pauline.

Hugs
Di xx

Sarah said...

These are wonderful little inspirational pieces. Thank you for sharing at Allsorts. Sarah

Conny said...

Wow, they are amazing! Really wonderful!
Thanks for joining us at ATC Around The World!

Hugs,
Conny

Melanie Hungerford said...

These are gorgeous, love the display in all those different colors! Thanks for playing along with us at Double Trouble!

Liz said...

A beautiful collection of ATCs , Pauline. Great designs and I love the sentiments. Thank you for sharing another card in the Allsorts Challenge this week.
Liz xx

Ellibelle said...

Somehow I missed these beauties when you first posted, had a horrible cold for a few days which made me sleep in longer than I usually do so my blogging got cut short.
These card are all so beautiful, each color version is so pretty and loving the sentiments on black card!

dj said...

A rainbow of watercolors...beautiful!! What a great set of cards!! Way to go shopping your stash!! We are so glad you joined the fun and played along with our "Splish Splash" challenge over at Shopping Our Stash!! -Deb Horst, DT #SOS510

lauren bergold said...

Oh WOW these are astonishingly cool! The only thing I love more than the design itself is the fact that you've done FIVE beautiful colorways! Thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH with us this time! ♥