Thursday 2 March 2023

Bluebell Meadow


Hi everyone, this week’s Simon Says (Wednesday) challenge is asking crafters to make a slimline card, which isn’t something I ever normally do. However it resonated with me, as I was thinking about experimenting with stamping some spring bluebells to enter into this month’s Lavinia challenge, so I soon started thinking about a long slim bluebell meadow … and here it is.


I cut a piece of white stamping card 8” x 3” and created a soft smooshed background with blue and green Distress Inks. I built up my bluebell meadow by first stamping some “background” flowers in 2nd generation grey Versafine Clair, then some mid-ground with Shaded Lilac Distress Oxide flowers and 2nd generation Shady Lane VFC stems, then foreground flowers stamped with Blueprint Sketch Distress Oxide and 1st generation Shady Lane VFC. 

I would have to say this must rate as the most fiddly stamping operation I have ever undertaken with repeated masking and unmasking of the flower head and stem … but at least I avoided a blot like the one on last week’s card! I must admit I'm also pleased with the soft watercolour effect this stamping achieved after all that effort!!  At the end of all that I stamped the sentiment in dark blue, and added a couple of bunnies, bees and a bird. I coloured the bee bodies with yellow Posca Sparkle pen and the wings with my Sakura clear Stardust pen. Finally I added some random white Posca pen dots, edged the panel with black marker pen, then matted onto blue pearlescent linen card stock and a hand cut 8 1/2” x 3 1/2” card blank.

Here is a closeup to show the sparkly bees.


Stamps: Lavinia Bluebell, Wild Hares Set (large), Bird Collection, Bee Miniature, sentiment - The Heart Is Full of Beauty (retired);
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Tumbled Glass, Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint); Distress Oxide inks (Shaded Lilac, Blueprint Sketch); Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Shady Lane, Morning Mist, Medieval Blue); Sakura Stardust pen (clear); Posca Sparkle pen (yellow); Posca pen (white).

Challenges I would like to enter:

Crafty Animals #70 - Anything Goes with an Animal
DL.Art (March) - Anything Goes
Happy Little Stampers: Watercolour (March) - Anything Goes with option Wings
Lavinia Creative Challenge (March) - Bursting With Colour
Shopping Our Stash #491 - Flowers, Flowers Everywhere (2nd entry) - TOP 3
Simon Says (Monday) - Things With Wings (2nd entry)
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Slimline Cards
Triple B (March) - Birds, Butterflies and/or Blooms

So … spring has finally sprung! Looking forward with fingers crossed to some hopefully milder and brighter days, and more spring crafting! Take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

16 comments:

brenda said...

Definitely get the Bluebell feel here Pauline and the Hares could well be the ones I was just watching chasing around the top paddock, very pretty.

B x

Makira said...

💗💗💗this!! I saw this at the SSS Monday Challenge and came by for a closer look. I would love you to come and play with us at Park Hopping My Happy Place Challenge. Your card reminds me of the Flower and Garden Festival at Epcot, Disneyworld, FL. I hope you'll join the fun! Have a creative week. Join with #parkhoppingmyhappyplace or at https://parkhoppingmyhappyplace.com/ Cheers, Makira

DIANA L. said...

This is really beautiful!! I love the background you made
Thank you for entering the DL.ART March 2023 Linky challenge and/or
Have a blessed day
DIANA L.

DL.ART
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

AlisonC said...

You should be pleased that is a beautiful effect and I can imagine it was a huge amount of work. Worth it, I'd say! Thanks for Shopping your Stash with us this time.

Laurie said...

So pretty! I love the background you created - the colors just compliment each other perfectly. Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge!

dj said...

I love love love those hares...so much so I went and looked them up online!! I'll be adding them to my wish list!! Gorgeous bellblues as well and I love the addition of the white ink and black inked border!! Way to go shopping your stash!! Thanks for play along with our "Flowers, Flowers Everywhere" challenge over at Shopping Our Stash!!
—Deb Horst, DT #SOS491

Karen Letchworth said...

What a fabulous creation. It's crying out SPRING to me. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful art and creativity with us at Word Art Wednesday. I'm very grateful to have you join us and I do pray that you are doing well. May God bless you as you create and share your art.
Hugs,
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely gorgeous card,the slimline size is perfect for the beautiful Bluebells-brilliant masking-love the Hares and Bees too
Carol x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This turned out beautifully Pauline. A lovely Springtime scene with gorgeous colours and stamping.
Lorraine

Sarn said...

Gorgeous stamping and worth all the masking.
Another lovely springtime card. xxx

Ellibelle said...

I love how this bluebell meadow turned out, Pauline. Such a great idea for a slimline card and of course the hares are so cute! Beautiful sentiment too! So great to see you joining in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge this month! Thank you for linking up!

Lyn Bernatovich said...

Your 'fiddly' card turned out great! Good for you to stretch outside of your zone. Thanks for playing at Happy Little Stampers Watercolor Challenge! LynB xoxo

Darlene said...

Oh Pauline, what an absolutely beautiful creation! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Triple B challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
Triple B
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Carol L said...

You've done some wonderful stamping on this pretty card! I just love those tiny bees! Thanks for playing along with the new Triple B Challenge! (Carol, GD)

Anke said...

So lovely ... fantastic art.

Toni said...

What a lovely scene!