Wednesday 15 March 2023

I Spy With My Little Eye...


Hi everyone, my lovely blogging friend Ellie has exciting news today, as she is launching a new monthly challenge on her blog Ellibelle's Corner, entitled I Spy With My Little Eye...


.. and my exciting news is that she asked me to be her Guest Designer for the first challenge - woo hoo!! Thanks Ellie!!

As mentioned above, the challenge will start on the 3rd Wednesday of each month and will end on the Sunday before the next challenge at 23.59 US Central Time … so that’s Sunday April 16th. Here’s a link to the first challenge and the theme is ..

I Spy With My Little Eye ... a Spring or Easter Critter

Here is my card for this challenge.


One of the things I love about Ellie's style of crafting is her use of adorable Penny Black stamps - both recent and vintage. I myself have a good collection of vintage wooden PB stamps all the way back to when I first started crafting in 2005, but since coming back to crafting in 2021 after a few years away they have been rather sadly neglected. I think this is partly because my confidence in colouring with alcohol markers was low on my return, and I kind of got out of the habit. Easter is a time though when I do tend to turn to these cute critter images, so this challenge was the perfect opportunity!! I have to say this duckling really is one of my favourites … he looks so daffy, the expression on his face is priceless somehow!

I cut a frame of pearlescent white card using my stitched square dies, then embossed with a floral folder I recently picked up in the charity shop. I stamped my image onto a square of Neenah card stock and coloured with Promarkers and Flexmarkers, then lightly inked grass and sky with Distress Oxide inks. I gently blended DOX inks in co-ordinating colours over the embossed frame using teeny stencil brushes, then attached my image panel behind the aperture.  I stamped my Easter greeting direct onto the image panel, and the springtime sentiment onto a snippet of white pearlescent card which I then cut out with a stitched square die and edged with pink DOX. I assembled the card by adding two colours of twine with the bow secured with a sparkly brad, and the sentiment popped up on foam tape. Lastly I added a bit of sparkle to the duck's flowers with my Spectrum Noir sparkle pen - here is a closeup to capture the twinkle.


Stamps: Penny Black Duckling (3347H), Spring Magic (2852C), Happy Easter (2855D);
Media: Promarkers and Flexmarkers; Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Squeezed Lemonade, Spiced Marmalade, Picked Raspberry, Twisted Citron, Bundled Sage, Tumbled Glass); Memento ink (black); Versafine Clair (Nocturne); Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen (clear);
Tools: Hunkydory Duo-Stitched Squares; Die’sire Embossalicious Floral Frenzy embossing folder;
Twine and brad from my stash.

Challenges I would like to enter:

As You Like It - Favourite Easter Critters (and why) - TOP 3
(I would normally say bunnies, but there is something just so adorable about this duckling holding his bunch of Easter flowers - he is my favourite!)
Can You Handle the Pressure? - Anything Goes Embossing - TOP 3
Crafty Animals #70 - Anything Goes with an Animal - TOP PICK
Crafty Catz #628 - Anything Goes with option Spring
Creative Inspirations (March) - Spring Blooms (2nd entry)
Critter Crazy Challenges #72 - Anything Goes With a Featured Critter
Cutie Pie #180 - Beginning With B (Blooms)
Dream Valley #289 - Things With Wings (2nd entry)
Happy Little Stampers: Dies (March) - Anything Goes With Dies
I ❤️ Promarkers #530 - Anything Goes with option Add a Flower
Make My Monday #196 - Spring Colours
Passion For Markers #681 - Colours of Spring - TOP 5
Penny Black Saturday (March) - Anything Goes with option Easter
Simply Create Too #188 - Spring Colours
Stamping Sensations (March) - Anything Stamped with option Wings and Tails (3rd entry)
Triple B (March) - Birds, Blooms and/or Butterflies (3rd entry)
We Love Stamping (March) - Anything Stamped with option Spring Is In the Air

Please do pop over to Ellie's blog to see her fab creations, and link up your spring/Easter critter makes here.

That's all from me for today - take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

27 comments:

Lynn said...

Super cute card! I do love your work...so creative!

Ellibelle said...

A most adorable card you created here, Pauline! The duckling is so sweet and love how you did the background. I haven't bought any new PB's from their most recent releases but in the recent weeks purchased several oldies from eBay that I didn't have yet.
So glad you accepted my invitation as a guest DT!!

brenda said...

A very sweet Easter card Pauline, many thanks for sharing at the challenges.

B x

crafty-stamper said...

Really cute card and image,love the embossing and pastel colours.
Carol x
Thank you for joining us at Stamping Sensations
Carol DT x

Gina's Cards said...

Such an adorable card! Love the colours and sweet sentiment. Thank you for sharing with us at Creative Inspirations, good luck.
Hugs
Gina xx

Liz said...

Cute card Pauline, adorable image and I love how you’ve coloured the embossed background. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Calendar Challenge this month. Good luck!
Liz xx

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Pauline, the PB stamp is so cute and I love the pretty embossed background.
Lorraine x

Darlene said...

OH WOW ... congrats to Elli on her new blog and congrats to you for being her 1st Guest Designer! This card is just ADORABLE! Love your sweet duckie and that floral background is beautiful in the pastels. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Can You Handle the Pressure and also our new Triple B challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
Can You Handle the Pressure
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Triple B ... OUR NEW CHALLENGE BLOG where it's all about birds, butterflies & blooms.

Melanie Hungerford said...

How cute, that image is fabulous, and I really love the way you colored and embellished the embossed background! Thanks for sharing with us at Can You Handle the Pressure.

kiwimeskreations said...

A brilliant card Pauline and perfect for our March Challenge at We Love Stamping, with the option of spring. Thank you for sharing this wonderful card with us
Blessings
Maxine
WLS DT

Joanne said...

I love your card! That is an adorable stamp and those sparkly flower centers just make it extra special.

Linby said...

This is so sweet and the colours on the frame are pretty. All together a fab make.

Lee said...

Oh the floral embossed frame centering that adorable little guy is fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us at Beyond the Blue!

Billie A said...

Sweet card. Awesome background and image. So glad you shared over at Crafty Catz, Make my Monday.

Debbie Mageed said...

What a cute spring colored card! Love it! Thank you for playing with us at the MMM Challenge. I hope you can join us again soon.
Debbie DT
Secrets To Stamping
Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

Mrs.B said...

A really super cute card Pauline, the little duck is adorable.
Thanks for sharing at Stamping Sensations. Avril xx

Chrissy said...

So adorable and love the pretty background..
Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge this fortnight at As You Like It..

Luv CHRISSYxx

JoAnn said...

Adorable card with that cute critter. Love the image and the background. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday.

Sarn said...

Absolutely adorable Easter card with that lovely PB stamp. Great embossed frame in pretty pastel colours xxx

Aunty Sue said...

Wow loving the embossing and the lovely spring colours,thanks for joining our spring colours at PFM

pinky said...

This is absolutely adorable. Love the soft colours and the embossing.

Cards By MI said...

A very cute card with a darling image. Super sweet! Thanks for playing with us over at PFM this week.
Love n hugs
Marie, PFM DT

The Crafty Den said...

What a bright and cheerful card Pauline. The PB image is super cute and your colouring is perfect. Love your ink blended embossed frame too. Thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a wonderful image! Definitely making me smile, hugs, Chrisx

Diane said...

I love your adorably cute Spring card, it's so pretty too!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Triple B!
Diane TB Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Triple B}

foleysfriend said...

What a great Spring/Easter card. I also love the expression on the duckling - so fun! I really like how you added some color to the embossed panel. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Anything Goes with Dies Challenge.

sue n.

Nandini said...

So cute and sweet! Thanks for joining us at HLS Challenges. Looking forward to seeing you in our gallery again. Nandini, DT