Monday 27 March 2023

Simon Says - Stencil It


Hi everyone,


I'm here again with my 4th and final card as Guest Designer for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! The past month has flown by and I’m sorry this GDT spot is coming to a close, but I have been really thrilled to be able to make some cards for this awesome challenge. 


This week the theme is

Stencil It

The lovely folks over at Simon Says Stamp are generously giving away a FABULOUS $25 voucher to shop at the  Simon Says Stamp StoreAll you have to do is take out your crafty supplies, make something following this week’s prompt, and add a link in the Inlinkz  on the challenge blog post!  You can enter 5 times so that's 5 possible chances to win! All winners are chosen randomly, so everyone has an equal chance - good luck everyone!


Here's my card for this week (links to my supplies are below the description)


I cut a piece of white stamping card slightly smaller than C5 card size, and stamped the image from my favourite AALL & Create stamp set "Through the Meadows" using Versafine Clair (Nocturne), then heat embossed with clear powder. I applied Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Spiced Marmalade and Picked Raspberry) to parts of the image and background by dabbing the inkpad onto my craft mat, spritzing with water then picking up with acetate and dabbing onto my image panel. 

I stencilled the background using Tim Holtz Dot Fade stencil and Hickory Smoke DOX, then added a couple of background words using 2nd generation stamping with Charming Pink and Summertime VFC. I stamped and heat embossed another butterfly, coloured it with my yellow Sakura Stardust pen then fussy cut and attached to the main image.   I blended Black Soot DOX around the edges of the panel, and added some sparkle to a couple of the circles by painting with my Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen. Finally I stamped a sentiment from AALL & Create "Textured Florals" with Versamark, heat embossed with white detail embossing powder, cut out and attached, before matting the finished image onto black and pink card stock and my card blank.


Here is an angled picture to show the sparkly butterfly and sparkle on the main image.


I also made an Artist Trading Card (ATC) with an offcut salvaged from an earlier attempt at the above card, matted onto a snippet of black card stock.


This also uses the same A&C stamp set and stencil as the card, with the addition of Wilted Violet Distress Oxide in the background, and Sakura Stardust orange, pink and purple pens on the butterfly. The sentiment sticker is by Tim Holtz.

Here are links to what I used: 


Stamps: AALL & Create Through the Meadows, Textured Florals;

Don’t forget to visit the challenge blog to see the amazing inspiration from the rest of the Design Team.

You have until Monday  8 am Ohio time, 1 pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Card:
Crafter's Cafe #295 - Circles (3rd entry)
Creative Knockouts #490 - Add a Sentiment
DL.Art (March) - Anything Goes
Fab 'n' Funky #569 - Lots of Layers
Krafty Chicks #656 - All Occasions
Path of Positivity #110 - Anything Goes Positive (2nd entry)
Word Art Wednesday #587/588 - Anything Goes (5th entry)

ATC:
Arty Divas (March) - Anything Goes
Creative Crafters #62 - Anything Goes
Mixed Media Lovers #23 - Focal Point (2nd entry)
We Love 2 Create #3 - Anything Mixed Media Goes

I'd like to thank the team at Simon Says (Monday) for having me as their Guest Designer for March - it really has been exciting and inspiring. Take care, and thanks for visiting my blog today.
Hugs,

15 comments:

brenda said...

Me again Pauline, after leaving my last comment just went to check and looks like most of my recent comments are missing, maybe Blogger has decided they need approving?

B x

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous background and love the embossed stamp and great little ATC
Carol x

Lorraine said...

This is gorgeous Pauline. Love the fab stamp and background.
Lorraine x

Sarn said...

Fabulous butterfly card and amazing ATC. Love them both xxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Lovely pastel shades and a beautiful card with lots of gorgeous details.
Lorraine

ScrappyHorses said...

Such creative pieces full of gorgeous color and texture! Wonderfully positive sentiments make them perfect for our challenge! Thanks for sharing at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

Diane said...

Awesome card, what a fabulous design and love the stenciling!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun!
Diane SF Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Stencil Fun}

Jackie C said...

This is a great project!
We always love to see all the entries at Classic.
Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge
We really appreciate you joining in.

Jackie DT

marlies said...

Leuk wat je gemaakt hebt! Super dat je meedoet bij Mixed Media Lovers!
Marlies, DT

Lorraine A said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Pauline, the whole design is stunning!
Thanks so much for being in the spotlight! I hope we get to do this again soon!!

Luv
Lols x x x
Currently on a train to Edinburgh, home next week ;-)

Ellibelle said...

You've made some amazing cards for the Simon Says Monday challenges and this one is a true beauty! Love all the inky-ness and what stunning stamps! Beautiful color scheme too! What a great idea to also make an ATC with a salvaged piece!
Sorry I'm late at visiting this post. My visit to Chicago makes me feel like I missed a day this week!

jolanda creatief bijtje said...

very nice card
thanks for joining our challenge
greetings jolanda bongers
dt mixed media lovers

Creaine said...

So glad you’ve joined our challenge at Mixed Media Lovers! I just love what you’ve made. Hope to see you again next time.
Blogowner: Ine http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

Ines said...

Super:)Thanks for playing with us at The Creative Crafters:)Ines DT
http://inka-mojmalyswiat.blogspot.com/
https://creativecrafterschallenge.blogspot.com/

Polkadoodles said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this! Thanks for joining the challenge at We Love 2 Create challenge We Love 2 Create challenge this month!