Monday 6 March 2023

Simon Says - Emboss It


Hi everyone,


I'm feeling incredibly excited today, as I can finally reveal what I have been bursting tell everyone for the past few weeks - that I have been asked to be the Guest Designer for March on the wonderful  Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! I'm absolutely thrilled to have the opportunity to showcase some cards for the next 4 weeks alongside the immensely talented regular members of the Design Team, and just hope I can rise to the challenge and do it justice!


This week the theme is


Emboss It

As it’s the first Monday of the month we are showcasing a brand/company. and this week it is Simon Says Stamp's very own products. You don’t have to use them to join in with the challenge but if you have them we would love to see them on your creation.

The lovely folks over at Simon Says Stamp are generously giving away a FABULOUS $25 voucher to shop at the  Simon Says Stamp StoreAll you have to do is take out your crafty supplies, make something following this week’s prompt, and add a link in the Inlinkz  on the challenge blog post!  You can enter 5 times so that's 5 possible chances to win! All winners are chosen randomly, so everyone has an equal chance - good luck everyone!


Here's my first Guest Designer card (links to my supplies are below the description)


I chose the gorgeous Simon Says Stamp “Floral Harmony”  embossing folder and dies as the focus for today's card. First I smooshed Distress Oxide inks in Broken China, Tumbled Glass and Bundled Sage over the debossed surface of the embossing folder then embossed onto a piece of white card stock. I die cut and embossed the matching floral dies, then added some subtle colour highlights using Distress watercolor pencils set 1 (Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed and Salvaged Patina), and added some sparkle with a Spectrum Noir clear sparkle penbefore attaching them to the embossed panel. I distressed the edges of the panel with my Tim Holtz Paper distresser and matted onto a larger piece of co-ordinating cardstock that also had the edges distressed. Finally I added the Simon Says Stamp “Script Thanks” shadow wafer die sentiment.

Here is angled picture to show the shine of the sentiment and sparkly flowers ... I find sparkle never shows up well on camera!


... and a closeup of the fabulous detail on the cut and embossed flowers.


Here are links to what I used: 



Don’t forget to visit the challenge blog to see the amazing inspiration from the rest of the Design Team.
You have until Monday  8 am Ohio time, 1 pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Daisy Chain #72 - Flowers
Flower Challenge #78 - Die Cuts or Stencils
Shopping Our Stash #491 - Flowers, Flowers Everywhere (3rd entry)
Time Out #233 - Elegant
Word Art Wednesday #585/586 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)

Take care, and thanks for visiting my blog today.
Hugs,

6 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Pauline :-) The emboss and die set is so pretty and the delicate colors and sparkle are fabulous!

Thanks so much for agreeing to be in the spotlight!! :-)
Hope you have a great week!
luv
Lols x x x

Barbara said...

Gorgeous card Pauline! I love so much the soft colors you used! Happy you are our Guest Designer for this month! Barbara

dj said...

So very pretty!! I love the textured that the raggy edges give!! Way to go shopping your stash!! Thanks for play along with our "Flowers, Flowers Everywhere" challenge over at Shopping Our Stash!!
—Deb Horst, DT #SOS491

Ellibelle said...

What a beauty you created here, Pauline! Love these pretty colors and the embossing folder is amazing!! Congrats on your guest DT position!!

Nonni said...

How beautiful! I love the vintage feel of this card -the distressed edges add a lot of character and the delicate blooms look just so so pretty. Thank you for joining us at Time Out!

Nancy Penir said...

Hi Pauline. Love. how you combined the embossing folder with the matching dies. Beautiful dimension to your card. the distress edges are a favorite too. Congrats on the GD gig! So happy you joined us at The Flower Challenge. Great to see this beauty in the lineup!