Friday 31 March 2023

Coneflower


Hi everyone, in the past couple of days I have discovered Tracy Evans’ FB group where she showcases her stamps designed for AALL & Create, and like minded crafters also post their fabulous projects using Tracy’s designs.  I noticed immediately that there is a craft challenge in progress - Spring Florals - which as luck would have it ends today, so I thought I’d give it a go. I only own three A&C stamp sets plus a small background stamp right now, but I just did my best with what I’ve got. I must admit I’m feeling very tempted by Tracy’s latest release even though I’ve already had one major spend this month at the Lavinia Open Day!! ☺️ Anyhoo, here is my card for the challenge.


I cut a square of white stamping card, and created a background by dragging two Distress Oxide ink pads across the page then spritzing with water. I stamped my focal flower in Twilight Versafine Clair, then stamped and heat embossed a second flower on separate card which I coloured with Cosmic Shimmer watercolour paint. I did some background 2nd generation stamping of circles and the word “coneflower” with VFC, then lightly stencilled with an A&C stencil and Uncharted Mariner Distress Oxide. I fussy cut the flower head, edged with dark blue fine liner and attached on top of the base stamped image, then stamped, cut out and attached the sentiment. I edged the completed panel with dark blue marker pen matted onto blue pearlescent cardstock and my card blank, then finished off with some white Posca pen spatter.

The Cosmic Shimmer watercolour paint really does give an amazing shine - here's an angled picture that tries to show it.


Stamps: AALL & Create #531 Textured Florals;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Fossilized Amber, Spiced Marmalade, Uncharted Mariner); Versafine Clair (Twilight, Summertime); Cosmic Shimmer watercolour paint (Sapphire Sparkle); Luminarte Mica Watercolour Paint (Olive Vine); Posca pen (white);
Tools: AALL & Create stencil #110 Digits Checked.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Arty Divas (March) - Anything Goes
Daring Cardmakers - Number It
Krafty Chicks #657 Anything Goes
Love to Craft #73Anything Goes (2nd entry) TOP PICK
Pammie’s Inky Pinkies #2312 -  Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Path of Positivity #110 -  Anything Goes Positive (3rd entry) - TOP PICK & DT DELIGHT
Simon Says (Wednesday) Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday #589/590 Anything Goes

That's all from me for today. I hope everyone has a great weekend - take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,
 

9 comments:

ScrappyHorses said...

Oooh, such a lovely card! Gorgeous layers of pattern and the color/shine is beautiful! Perfect sentiment! Thanks for sharing with us at Path of positivity! ~Katrina

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card and background love the beautiful embossed flower and watercolouring
Carol x

Ellibelle said...

Such a beautiful floral creations, gorgeous colors and a fabulous design! Love the idea of adding ink to the background by simply dragging the ink pad. It makes such a nice background for the flower!

Sarn said...

Absolutely love that coneflower stamp plus the inky background. Fab card! X

Melanie Hungerford said...

This is wonderful, love the colors and all the details. Thanks for playing along with us at Krafty Chicks!

Karen Letchworth said...

oh, Pauline...this is truly amazing. I love the layers and vibrant colors. Thanks so much for sharing your art with us at Word Art Wednesday. I appreciate it very much. Have a blessed week and please stop by again soon.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Lovely colours and design Pauline.
Lorraine

Linby said...

Beautiful colours on this fab card.

Angelnorth said...

Love the ink swiped background for your lovely blue flower and the detail of the subtle stencilling — great card! Thanks for joining us this week at Daring Cardmakers!