Monday 3 April 2023

Time Flies


Hi there, today I would like to share the results of my latest play with the new release Lavinia stamps … another pair of ATC’s which I have called (unsurprisingly) “Time Flies”.

I love making ATC’s to use up my snippets of white stamping card, and I was able to use quite a few for these, including for the ATC base, the fussy cut clocks and even the teeny roses!


First I created a soft brick background using my new Lavinia stencil, first using Hickory Smoke and then delicately edging with Black Soot Distress Oxides. I cut the panel down into pieces 3.25 * 2.25 inches ..there were originally enough for 6 ATC’s, but four got discarded along the way!! Anyhoo .. I stamped the clock on each ATC, then stamped again on separate card and heat embossed, then coloured with a mixture of pink Distress Oxides, silver acrylic paint and pink Sakura Stardust pen.  I stamped the wings, then background stamped words and textured edges using 2nd generation stamping, and cogs using first generation stamping with one of them heat embossed in silver.  I fussy cut my separate clocks, edged with black marker pen and attached on top of the base image.  I stamped and heat embossed a selection of roses on separate card, coloured with Distress Watercolor Pencil and Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen, then fussy cut and attached.  I stamped, cut out and applied my sentiment, then spattered everything with white Posca pen.  When dry I matted onto standard sized ATC black card stock, cut from one of my last remaining snippets … I use black linen card stock a lot for matting, but it seems to have disappeared from Hobbycraft in recent months - oh no!!

Here's a close up of one of them.


Stamps: Lavinia Tock, Angel Wings Small, Cog Set 2, Cog Set 3, Steampunk Script, Texture 2, Rose Set, Time Flies;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Hickory Smoke, Black soot, Kitsch Flamingo, Picked Raspberry); Distress Watercolor Pencils Set 1 (Picked Raspberry); Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Morning Mist, Charming Pink); Versamark; clear and silver embossing powders; acrylic paint (silver); Sakura Stardust pens (pink, clear); Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen (clear); Posca pen (white);
Tools: Lavinia stencil - Red Brick.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Country View Challenges (April)Things With Wings
Crafts Galore Encore #110Anything Goes
Crafty Catz #631 - Anything Goes
Creations In Pink #56Anything Goes in Mainly Pink
Simon Says (Monday)Add Texture
(I have used Lavinia "Texture" stamp, and have the texture of heat embossing)
Simon Says (Wednesday)Anything Goes (2nd entry)
We Love 2 Create #3 2023Anything Mixed Media Goes (2nd entry)
Word Art Wednesday #589/590Anything Goes (2nd entry)

That’s all from me for today.  Take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

11 comments:

pinky said...

Absolutely amazing stamps and used so brilliant Pauline. I love the deep pink colour with the black, really pops!

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous ATCs ,love the stamps and embossing
Carol x

Curly said...

Wow I just love the set of ATCs I never think to make them, Love the pink, black and grey colour theme and all the texture.
Thank you so for joining us atCrafty Catz this week we hope you will join us again.
Happy Crafting Bridget CCDT

Sarn said...

Time does indeed fly by! Great ATCs. Love the black and pink contrasting colours.

Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. I’m chasing after you . . . and will tag you if I catch you! LOL! x

brenda said...

Lovely colour palette Pauline and the silver EP really adds a pretty dimension to your pretty ATC's.

B x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

The pink and black colour combo on these wonderful ATC's really is striking, I love it.
Lorraine

Di said...

Beautiful ATCs Pauline - love the design and the pink, black and silver are a stunning colour combination!

Hugs
Di xx

rachel said...

Beautiful atc's. Thanks for joining us at Countryview Challenges and good luck in the draw. Rachel xx

Jane said...

I love this Pauline a great take on our challenge theme! Thanks for entering it into our "Things with wings" challenge over at Country View Challenges . Hugs Jx

Corrie Herriman said...

Fab interpretation of the Challenge ! Thank you for your contribution to our April 'Things with wings' challenge over at Country View Challenges. x

Andree said...

A pretty pair of ATCs and a lovely colour palette. Fabulous Steampunk theme with lovely touches of sparkle.
Thank you for joining in with the Crafts Galore Encore April Challenge “Anything Goes”. Good luck x