Thursday 27 April 2023

Paint Your Dreams


Hi everyone, today I would like to share a set of ATC's I made with various AALL & Create stamps, including one set from Tracy Evans' April release, and another older set of paintbrushes etc. which I bought recently in a sale as I thought it could work for ATC's, and hadn't used until now.  The general colour scheme of this set is inspired by Tracy's current challenge in her FB group - monochromatic with a pop of colour.


My starting point was  the run off from some brayering of grey Distress Oxides for a previous monochrome card here. I stamped the background stamp in grey, then cut the card into four pieces each 3.25" x 2.25". I stamped and heat embossed a variety of paintbrushes and tubes onto separate card, then coloured the metal + paint tubes with silver acrylic paint and the handles with black Promarker. I fussy cut the pieces and arranged them over the cards until I was happy, then attached. I created my streaks and spatters of paint using pink Posca pen, then stamped and cut out my sentiments and attached. I matted each piece onto standard ATC size black card stock, then finished by applying Glossy accents  to the pink painted areas. 

Here's a closeup of each individual ATC.

ATC1

ATC2

ATC3

ATC4

Stamps: AALL & Create #909 Garden Notes (background), #340 Paint Your Dreams (image and wording), #906 Art Notes and #531 Textured Florals (wording);
Media:  Tim Holtz Distress oxide inks ( Hickory Smoke, Lost Shadow); Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Morning Mist, Charming Pink); acrylic paint (silver); Promarker (black); Posca pen (pink); Glossy Accents.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Crafting From the Heart #1Anything Goes (no cards)
Crafty Catz #634Anything Goes
Creative Artiste #92 - Anything Mixed Media Goes - TOP 3
Let's Craft and Create #194Anything Goes with option Pink and Grey (2nd entry)
Pammie's Inky Pinkies #2216 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Simon Says (Monday)Make Your Mark (2nd entry)
Simon Says (Wednesday)Anything Goes
We Love 2 Create Mixed Media #3 2023Anything Mixed Media Goes

I think I'm having a bit of an ATC frenzy at the moment ... I just love setting up the swaps, packaging my ATC's with a nice handmade card for the recipient, and receiving happy mail to put in my album!

That's all for today - take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

13 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous ATCs -I love all the stamps and the brilliant paint streaks from the brushes!
Carol x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

These are fab! I love the black and grey with the pop of pink.
Lorraine

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! Amazing ATC's what Super ideas Pauline and love those stamps.
Faith x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A gorgeous card
Thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz Challenge Blog good luck Ginny DT for Crafty Catz Challenge Blog
My Blog

Sarn said...

Absolutely BRILLIANT set of ATCs. I’m particularly drawn to the third one!😉xxx

Let's Art Journal said...

Fabulous ATCs! Loving how these came together and the Glossy Accents makes the pink paint pop 😊. Thanks so much for joining us at Creative Artiste! Hugs, Jo x

Tone K. said...

Ohh, soooo cool cards :D I really love them :)
Great colors :)
Thanks a lot for joining us at Let`s Craft and Create :)
Hope to see you again next time :)

Fiona said...

Fabulous ATC's Pauline - always lovely to see Tracy Evan's stamps. That pink is fab for the pop of colour. I only have a white Posca pen, thanks to watching Tracy and her splatters lol! but that pink is stunning. Maybe I need to look at a few more colours Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Artiste Mixed Media.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

What an fabulous quartet, your chosen colours work so well together, that pop of pink gives the WOW factor. I love delving into all the detail. Fantastic.
Thank you for joining Creative Artiste's April Challenge, hope to see you play and share again.
Happy Crafting Tracey (DT)

Linby said...

These are wonderful with that splash of vivid pink which makes them really pop.

Ina G said...

Love your colourful creative ATC's Pauline. Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Artiste this month.

Carla's Cards said...

Lovely work on those ATC's. I love how the pink jumps out so vividly!
DT Crafting From the Heart

missgailly said...

SO COOL! Love that pop of Barbie pink on each one of these. I've seen a lot of that colour everywhere these days. Do you think it's because of the Barbie movie coming out soon? Anyway...Thanks for playing along at USE YOUR STUFF - DT Gail