Monday 1 May 2023

Eryngium


Hi everyone, and happy May Day!! Today I would like to share the first card I made with my latest purchase of AALL & Create stamps. I absolutely love the new set “Flower Journey” and was eager to have a play, but strangely the first card I made wasn’t with my “favourite” flower from the set (the helenium) but with this eryngium … somehow it just called to me!!


I created a background by daubing Distress Oxide inks onto a large acrylic block, spritzing with water and then “stamping” onto a piece of stamping card. The block I used is wasn’t quite the right shape so I taped down one side when I inked it up. When I stamped the ink spread a little down the right hand side of the rectangle .. I rather like that! I stamped my flower and coloured the leaves with Distress watercolor pencils, then did a little second generation background stamping. I stamped my bird and quills onto separate card, coloured with DOX, fussy cut and attached, then stamped my sentiment. After matting I finished the card by applying  sparkle pen to the flower heads and Glossy Accents to the pen nibs, and spattering with white Posca pen.

Stamps: AALL & Create #904 Flower Journey, #908 Quill Ends, #906 Art Notes, #340 Paint Your Dreams (sentiment);
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks ( Salvaged Patina, Twisted Citron, Broken China, Antique Linen); Distress Watercolor Pencils Set 1 (Peeled Paint); Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Warm Breeze); Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen (clear); Posca pen (white); Ranger Glossy Accents.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Crafty Catz #635 - Anything Goes with option Things With Wings
Get Creative #121 - Flower Frenzy
Simon Says (Monday) - Make Your Mark (3rd entry)
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
We Love Stamping (April) - Anything Stamped with option Real Birds or Animals (3rd entry)
Word Art Wednesday #593/594 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)

Hope you are enjoying the Bank Holiday if you are in the UK whatever you’re doing … take care and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

14 comments:

brenda said...

You'll love creating with this set Pauline and very flattered you cased my card with the thistle. Many thanks for sharing with us at We Love Stamping.

B x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Lovely colour combo and design Pauline, Happy May Day!
Lorraine

Ellibelle said...

Absolutely beautiful Pauline. Love these colors! And what a beautiful stamp set!

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card and really love the eryngium stamp and background
Carol x

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Pauline this is exquisite - this is the type of card I wish I could make but never do successfully!!
Thank you for sharing the work of art with us at We Love stamping this month
Blessings
Maxine

chrissy xx said...

JUst GORgeous! I LOve your colours and design.
Thank you so much for joining us this week at Crafty Catz.
GDT Chrissyxx

Sarn said...

Wow that’s a stunner Pauline. I have ordered this beautiful flower set and can’t wait to play with it! Love how you did the background and added a bit of sparkle and glossy accents xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautifully put together Pauline, love the design and colour mix, with your lovely background. As for the Eryngium it's growing well in the garden here. No flowers yet though!
Faith x

Linby said...

This is just lovely and the clean background really showcases the stamp.

Deanne Saunders said...

Sweet card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our SCRAPPING 4 FUN challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Debbie Mageed said...

What a beautiful floral card! Love it! Thank you for playing with us at the MMM Challenge. I hope you can join us again soon.
Debbie, DT
Secrets To Stamping
Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is absolutely wonderful Pauline. I think I need more stamps (ha ha!) Hugs, Chrisx

Billie A said...

wonderful creative card. I love the images and color. So glad you shared over at Make My Monday, Crafty Catz.

Carole J said...

Such a beautiful card, Pauline. I love the acrylic block inky background and just the right amount of stamping to go with these gorgeous images.
Thank you for sharing your project with us at the Crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” April Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon!
Carole x DT Craftilicious Creations