Sunday 21 May 2023

Sent With Love


Hi everyone, during the week I managed to bag three new to me AALL & Create stamp sets and a stencil in a flash sale at Create & Craft, and they were delivered a couple of days ago so I just had to have a play.  It was a bit naughty of me really to buy them as I haven’t yet played with all the stamps I bought from Tracy Evans’ April release .. but hey I do love a sale that enables me to build up my stock more than I could usually manage - who doesn’t?? 


I created a background by brayering two colours of Distress Oxide inks, then stamped my focal flower and coloured it with Distress watercolor pencils.  I did a bit of background stamping with another A&C stamp, plus some stamps from an unbranded grungy background set I recently bought from Amazon.  I stamped the ticket portion of the main stamp onto a separate piece of brayered card, edged with black and attached on top of the original image, then stamped a couple of sentiments (including one from my other newly delivered stamp set 😍), edged the card with pink DOX, spattered with white Posca pen and matted onto black linen card stock and my card blank.

Stamps: AALL & Create #753 Delight In Flora, #906 Art Notes, #831 Sent With Love; unbranded grungy background stamps (Amazon);
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Spun Sugar, Kitsch Flamingo, Fossilized Amber); Distress Watercolor Pencils sets 1 and 2 (Picked Raspberry, Twisted Citron, Peeled Paint); Versafine Clair (Nocturne); Posca pen (white).

Challenges I would like to enter:

Allsorts #729 - Anything Goes (14th Birthday Challenge)
Beautiful Blossoms #5 - Anything Floral Goes
Crafting Happiness #142  - Anything Goes with option Flowers (2nd entry)
Double D - Flowers
Get Creative #121 - Flower Frenzy (2nd entry)
Path of Positivity #112 - Anything Goes Positive with option Inspired By Nature (2nd entry)
Sheepski #74 - Flower Power (2nd entry)
We Love Stamping (May) - Anything Stamped with option In the Garden
Word Art Wednesday #595/596 - Anything Goes (3rd entry)

That’s all for today but I hope I’ll be back soon with a make using my other new stamps 🥰. Hope everyone is having a great weekend, whatever you’re doing. Take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

18 comments:

Linby said...

Craft supplies and sales - a dangerous combination! Your card looks so elegant and beautifully combined supplies. Thanks for sharing with us at We Love Stamping.

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card and stamps,love the background too.
Carol x

Donna Walls said...

I can't resist a good Sale either and believe me, I don't need to buy anything! You made a great purchase and your card reflects that! Thanks for inspiring us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge. Please share again soon.
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

ScrappyHorses said...

Such wonderful texture and color behind this lovely focal flower! Beautiful freesia! Thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

There is always something necessary in craft... isn't it? :D
Your grunge card looks so pretty in pink, green and warm yellow, it's a palette that I always love. Beautiful stamp and background!
Thanks so much for joining us at We Love Stamping!

Dena J said...

Beautiful, Pauline! I love this style of card and your colors are so fresh and light. Thank you for joining the celebration challenge at Allsorts.

Vicki said...

Fabulous card! I love the graphic, grungy brayered and stamped background you created with all of the different stamps. Great texture and the purple flowers make the perfect pop of color to the black and white design. Thanks for sharing at the Double D Flower Challenge.

Ellibelle said...

Love it Pauline, such a beautiful background you created for the pretty flower and beautiful colors too! I always feel guilty buying new stamp supplies, still have several unused Lavinia, Colorado Craft and even Penny Black stamps. Sometimes sales are so hard to resist!!
So great to see you joining us at Allsorts challenge! Thank you for joining us and helping us celebrate our birthday, lucky you can enter for the prizes!! Good luck!!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Absolutely beautiful Pauline and with the cards you make, you deserve to have more stamps. I love how you have used the stamps, so clever and love the colour mix also.
Faith x

Darlene said...

What a fabulous creation Pauline! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Beautiful Blossoms! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

Darlene
BB DT
BEAUTIFUL BLOSSOMS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Sarn said...

Wow - what a great card. Love your delicate background and the way you’ve coloured the focal flower. Congrats on nabbing a few bargains. Xxx

Darlene said...

Me again lol ... I still think this creation is so awesome and artsy ... love it! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
Co-Owner
DOUBLE D
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

PS ... thanks for also sharing this beauty with us over on the Sisterhood of Crafters ... good luck!

brenda said...

It's lovely to see you at our 14th Birthday celebrations at Allsorts challenge, thanks so much for joining in and also at WLS.

B x

Diane said...

Beautifully created inspiration!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Beautiful Blossoms, Double D and The Sisterhood!
Diane BB and TSH DT and DD Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Beautiful Blossoms}

Mervi said...

Stunning and pretty card!
Thank you for celebrating Allsorts Birthday Party with us!
And at We Love Stamping Challenge too;-))m

Sarah said...

Thank you for joining us in celebrating Allsorts 14th Birthday!! Sarah DT

Deanne Saunders said...

Beautiful card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CRAFTING HAPPINESS challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Carole J said...

A wonderful card inspired by nature, Pauline. Thank you so much for joining the Path of Positivity May challenge with your project. We hope you will visit us again soon.

Carole DT x