Tuesday 23 May 2023

Golden Rose


Hi everyone, today I would like to share another make using my new AALL & Create stamps - this time using the beautiful rose in set #831 Sent With Love.  The general concept of this was primarily inspired by the current Tracy Evans FB Challenge monochrome with a pop of colour, and I think this rose suits it particularly well.  


In my recent haul I also got a little background stamp half price which I thought would be very useful both for cards and ATC's ... what I really love about it is that amongst the script there are little dots which are actually tiny little hearts - so great for any romantic or love-related theme, and I thought it would make a perfect background for the rose.  Although the sentiment on this card doesn't say so explicitly, I am thinking this is an anniversary card.

I cut a piece of stamping card 6.5" x 4.5" and created a smoosh background with grey Distress Oxide ink spritzed with water. I stamped and heat embossed my rose, then stamped the background stamp in grey Versafine Clair.  I stamped the rose again onto separate card, coloured the flower head and circle with Cosmic Shimmer mica watercolour paint and Spectrum Noir clear sparkle pen for extra sparkle, then fussy cut out and attached to the base image. I stamped and heat embossed the birdie and quill pens, fussy cut out and attached (I think I'm obsessed with that little bird and quill!!), , and extended the "R" in the rose circle by masking the word "Rose" from the same set.  I realised I should have done this before colouring the circle with the Cosmic Shimmers as it went a bit smudgy, but I was in deep by this point so I kept going regardless!!   I stamped, cut out and attached my sentiment, matted onto black card stock and my card blank, and finished off with Posca pen spatters and Glossy Accents on the pen nibs. 

Stamps: AALL & Create #831 Sent With Love, #304 Heartfelt, #908 Quill Ends, #531 Textured Florals (sentiment);
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Hickory Smoke); Cosmic Shimmer paint (Tropic Yellow); Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Morning Mist); Posca pen (white); Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen (clear).

Challenges I would like to enter:

Allsorts #729 - Anything Goes (14th Birthday Challenge) (2nd entry)
Beautiful Blossoms #5 - Anything Floral Goes (2nd entry)
Crafting Happiness #142  - Anything Goes with option Flowers (3rd entry)
Double D - Flowers (2nd entry)
Get Creative #121 - Flower Frenzy (3rd entry)
Sheepski #74 - Flower Power (3rd entry)
Simon Says (Monday) - Watercolour
Triple B (May) - Birds, Blooms and Butterflies (3rd entry)
Word Art Wednesday #595/596 - Anything Goes (4th entry)

Take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs, 

17 comments:

brenda said...

Thanks so much for sharing another creation with us at Allsorts 14th Birthday challenge.

B x

Ellibelle said...

Another beauty here Pauline, love these colors and what a fabulous background and the rose is stunning! So nice to see you again at Allsorts challenge, thanks so much for joining us!

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A lovely design Pauline, this would make a perfect anniversary card. Lovely stamping and choice of colours.
Lorraine

Darlene said...

So, so pretty Pauline and love your overall design! Great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
Co-Owner
DOUBLE D
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

PS ... thanks for sharing this beauty with us over on our Triple B challenge also ... good luck!

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card love the monochrome with just a pop of colour,beautiful stamps and great background script too.
Carol x

Barbara said...

I think that the smudged rose is in keeping with the antique look of this card. Thanks for linking up with us at Double D Challenge.

Lorraine said...

A beautiful rose Pauline, love the colour
Lorraine x

Sarn said...

Another wonderful A&C card. Great background and pop of colour. I like your sweet little tiny hearts stamp. Xxx

Linby said...

Beautiful combo of A&C stamps. The rose is so pretty in that colour. Thanks for taking part in Allsorts 14th birthday celebrations.

Makira said...

This is truly beautiful! I adore your impeccable choice of colors; they truly bring this artwork to life. The addition of the delightful little bird perched on a lightbulb is such a whimsical and playful touch—it brings a smile to my face. Wishing you a fantastic week ahead filled with joy and positivity. Cheers!
Makira
https://parkhoppingmyhappyplace.com/
https://colorfuloptions.blogspot.com/
https://mkccreate.home.blog/

Donna Walls said...

I like AALL & Create images, they are always sketchy and artsy. Your card is a lovely presentation. Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge. We look forward to more from you soon.
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

Diane said...

Beautiful card, a piece of art, would look fabulous framed!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Triple B!
Diane TB Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Triple B}

Donna Ellis said...

What great use of color and texture in your monochrome creation, Pauline! Thank you for sharing your love of all things flowers at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge. Looking forward to seeing you again!
Happy Crafting Hugs,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

Deanne Saunders said...

A beautiful card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CRAFTING HAPPINESS challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is gorgeous Pauline, I love the stamp with hearts and the gorgeous rose, they all go so well together. They could have been designed like that.
Faith x

stampinwithanita said...

Beautiful mixed media card! Love the layout. Thanks so much for joining us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge!

Helen said...

Great background and colour scheme - love it!

Thanks for joining us at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge.

Helen x
DT