Wednesday 5 April 2023

Monochromatic With a Pop of Colour


Hi everyone, today's card was inspired by the current challenge over on Tracy Evans' FB page, where the focal image has to be one of Tracy's gorgeous AALL & Create stamps. Tracy is also posting a series of short tutorial videos called "Snippets" on Youtube which a lot of crafters are following along with. I'm not actually making any snippets as I don't have any of the recent stamps, though I'm planning on getting some in the next couple of weeks. However I have been watching quite a few of the videos which have made me look at using my existing stamps in new ways, and have given me quite  a few ideas for new-to-me techniques ... and I have used several of them in this card. Coincidentally this project is the same colour scheme as my last post, but I don't mind as I really like it!


First I created a gel plate background using Distress Oxide inks applied direct to the  gel plate with scrunched up cling film to create lines. I very rarely use my gel press as for some reason I don't seem to get on with it very well, but I was quite pleased with how this background turned out and also made a couple more "mop ups" which will appear at some future time.  I then did some background stamping in grey using parts of a larger stamp, then stamped my main flower in black. I stamped a circle from a different stamp onto separate white card, coloured lightly with Cosmic Shimmer watercolour paint, then fussy cut and attached to the corner. I also stamped the flower again onto separate card and heat embossed, coloured with Cosmic Shimmer watercolour paint and Distress Watercolor Pencil (Stem), fussy cut and attached to the card.  I stamped the leaf again in black, cut out and attached the letters from the word "Nature" to give a bit of dimension, then stamped part of a sentiment from a separate set in black and pink, cut up and attached. Finally I stamped a little birdie (the only thing that is not by Tracy on this project) and added some Posca pen spatter and Sakura Stardust pen highlights to the bird and leaf, then edged the finished panel with black marker pen and matted onto pink card stock.

I'm loving the shimmer of my long neglected Cosmic Shimmer watercolours.


Stamps: AALL & Create #531 Textured Florals, #449 Through the Meadows, #340 Paint Your Dreams; Lavinia Bird Collection;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide ink (Lost Shadow, Hickory Smoke, Black Soot); Distress Watercolor Pencils Set 1 (Black Soot); Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Morning Mist, Charming Pink);  Cosmic Shimmer watercolour paint (Ruby Sparkle); Sakura Stardust pen (clear); Posca pen (white).

Challenges I would like to enter:

Flower Challenge #79 - Focus on Background Stamping
Let's Craft and Create #194 - Anything Goes with option Pink & Grey - TOP 3
Make My Monday #197 - P Is For ... (Pink, Posca)
Simon Says (Monday) - Add Texture
(stamp is called Textured Florals, and I have used heat embossing)
Stamping Sensations (April) - Anything Stamped
Word Art Wednesday #589/590 - Anything Goes (3rd entry)

That's all from me for now. Take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

12 comments:

brenda said...

One of our favourites here Pauline and lovely colour palette, many thanks for sharing at Stamping Sensations.

B x

crafty-stamper said...

Great background and love all the stamps and pop of colour on the flower.
Carol x
Thank you for joining us at Stamping Sensations
Carol DT x

Sarn said...

A glorious card. I love that flower, as you know! Great background and I’m pleased to read that you’re trying to make friends with your gelli plate xxx

Sarn said...

PS: Ever so glad you now allow comments to go live immediately. Xxx

Linby said...

the cone flower looks so different from the make the other day. fab mono background too.

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous background that makes the flower really pop. Love the colour combo.
Avril xx

Maria Valente said...

So beautiful! Thank you for sharing at MMMChallenge Blog.
Hugs

Billie A said...

Pretty card. I love the beautiful flower and background. So glad you shared over at Make My Monday.

Debbie Mageed said...

Love this pretty pink card! The flower is perfect in that color. Thank you for playing with us at the MMM Challenge. I hope you can join us again soon.
Debbie, DT
Secrets To Stamping
Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

Stef Perry said...

Very amazing mixed media design and I love that big floral with the text on some of the petals. Beautifully done background as well! Thanks so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge this month!

LOU said...

Gorgeous card Pauline. Love the background and the pop of pink!
Thanks so much for joining us for our Anything Goes plus the option of Pink and Grey Challenge #194 at Let's Craft and Create for April 2023.
We hope to see you again soon,
Lou DT xo
JemLou Productions

pinky said...

Wow Pauline that is one stunning creation. I love the colour mix too. You are so talented! Thanks so much for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky