Tuesday 25 April 2023

More Midnight Magic


Hi everyone, today is the last day of April’s Lavinia Creative Challenge, so I am sharing a card that I made yesterday with that plus a few other challenges in mind (entered into that challenge without the sentiment).  I decided to try for the first time making a Lavinia scene with water and reflections … something I have been meaning to try for sometime but never got round to. Here’s the result.


I started by sponging 2 blue Distress Inks onto a square of stamping card for water and sky, using a circle mask for the moon - I don’t often use DI’s but decided I didn’t want the chalky look of Distress Oxides for this project. I then used a straight paper mask and hill mask with blended Distress Oxide to create my hills and reflection of them, them stamped my focal fairy using Versafine Clair. I stamped the reflection of my large trees using my gel press, then stamped the large trees. I stamped the owl, a few further trees using a mixture of 1st and 2nd generation stamping in dark blue, and their reflections using the gel press, then I used DI and a water brush to paint ripples in the water. I stamped some flowers and rushes in the bottom corner, then  highlighted the whole scene with Sakura Stardust pens and coloured the moon with my  Spectrum Noir sparkle pen.  I edged the card with black marker pen and matted onto a black border and my card base.

Here's the obligatory angled picture to show that this is another VERY sparkly card!


I did struggle bit with creating water and reflections  … I’m not sure that my colouring media are entirely suitable, and I also tried creating a reflection using my brayer but I didn’t get on very well with that so turned to stamping onto my gel press. I wouldn’t say my reflection is by any means perfect, but I did my best and I’m not too displeased with it for my first attempt. 

Stamps: Lavinia Tree Goddess Luna, Forest Scene, Tree Scene, Wild Summer Flowers, Silhouette Foliage Set, Grass, Brodwin and Maylin; sentiment - AALL & Create #340 Paint Your Dreams;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Chipped Sapphire, Faded Jeans, Dusty Concord); Distress Oxide inks (Black Soot, Hickory Smoke, Stormy Sky); Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Twilight); Sakura Stardust pens (clear, blue); Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen (clear).

Challenges I would like to enter:

Country View Challenges (April) - Things With Wings (4th entry)
Creative Inspirations (April) - Anything Goes (3rd entry)
Double D - Things That Fly (3rd entry)
Lavinia Creative Challenge (April) - Magic at Midnight (2nd entry)
My Time to Craft #506 - Fantasy Creatures / Characters
Simon Says (Monday) - Make Your Mark
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Things With Wings (3rd entry) - WINNER
We Love Stamping (April) - Anything Stamped with option Real Birds or Animals (2nd entry)
Word Art Wednesday #591/592 - Anything Goes (3rd entry)

That’s all for today, but I’ll be back soon with some makes using some of the latest Tracy Evans AALl & Create stamps that fell into my online basket last week 🤣🤣 Take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

13 comments:

brenda said...

Your on a roll this past week Pauline, another magical scene and lovely you shared at We Love Stamping, thank you.

B x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

WOW!!! Absolutely LOVE this magical card!!! Your scene is just perfect, the reflection looks amazing as well the beautiful fairy!!! Delicious and so much details to see! Love the sparkling too!
Thanks so much for joining us at We Love Stamping!!

Diane said...

Wow, what a gorgeous scene you have created, so many beautiful details!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Double D}
{Stencil Fun}

Ellibelle said...

It turned out so beautifully and what a great idea to use the gel press for the reflection! Would you believe it.. I had purchased this fairy stamp years ago (one of my first Lavinia stamps) to recreate a water scene I saw done with it but have so far only used her once and not with a water scene. I even have the waterlily stamp to include in a water scene but have not used that one yet. I really want to try the gel press stamping idea.

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely beautiful stamped scene and love the reflections
Carol x

Sarn said...

Wow it’s a stunning card Pauline. You’re being harsh on yourself if you’re not entirely delighted with this one - I wish I could do something half as good. Scenes are a very difficult thing to do IMHO and water reflection is harder still - you nailed it. xxx

Lin said...

Congratulations, Pauline, your beautiful card is our winner at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge! Please visit our blog to see it being featured in the Winner's Post, and then send us an email (our address is on our sidebar) that includes your first and last name so that we can issue you your prize.

Barbara said...

An outstanding scene that you have created for this fairy. Of course they fly! Good to see you at the Double D Challenge Things that Fly.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is an amazing scene that you have created Pauline. I'm loving how you are creating the scenes and highlighting them with white pen, making a fabulous result. LOVE this card.
Faiht x

Makira said...

WOW! 💚💚Your fairy card is fantastic! I saw this at the SSS Monday Challenge and came by for a closer look. I host a new challenge, Park Hopping My Happy Place Challenge. It is anything goes inspired by/related to a theme park. Your card reminds me of the fairies at Pixie Hollow at Disneyworld, FL, USA. I invite you to come join the fun! Have a creative & peaceful weekend. Join at https://parkhoppingmyhappyplace.com/. Cheers, Makira

Bonnie Lynn said...

What a beautiful night scene you've created! I love all of your silhouette images and you totally nailed it on the reflection on the water. Thank you for joining us again at Pammie's Inky Pinkies. Hope to see you again. Bonnie DT

Craftyfield said...

Lovely scene! Thanks for sharing with us at Country View Challenges!

Mervi said...

Stunning and lovely card!
Thank you for sharing at We Love Stamping Challenge;-))m