Tuesday 28 February 2023

Golden Daffodils


Good morning everyone, today's card is the first I have made with a fabulous daffodil stamp set from Visible Image's latest release. Before Christmas I was the lucky winner of Country View Challenges, and I chose both today's main stamp and stencil as my prize. I know tomorrow is St. David's Day so perhaps i should have published this then, but I just had to play and couldn't wait!!


I created a smoosh background on my square of stamping card with Twisted Citron Distress Oxide ink, then stamped and heat embossed the daffodils. I masked the daffodils and then stencilled in the background with two shades of green DOX before adding some background grungy circle stamping in Shady Lane VFC and script with Versamark and detail white embossing. I removed my masking and coloured the daffodil stems with Distress Oxides and the flower heads with Sparkle Posca pens. Finally I edged the panel with more blended Distress Oxide and matted onto green card stock, then stamped, heat embossed and cut out my sentiments which I attached to the card front.

Here is an angled picture to show the sparkly flower heads ... I'm not sure whether I really like this effect on this stamp, but i originally coloured the flower heads with DOX and thought they looked a bit "flat". I'm hoping to experiment with several different styles for this stamp over the next few weeks.


Stamps: Visible Image Golden Daffodils, Sketched Tulips, Where Flowers Bloom;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress oxide inks (Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Rustic Wilderness); Versafine Clair (Nocturne); Versamark; clear and detail white embossing powders; Posca Sparkle Pens (yellow, orange);
Tools: Visible Image stencil - Halftone.

Challenges I would like to enter:

As You Like It Favourite Stencil or Freestyle Background (and why)
(I actually love both ... I can't pick a favourite, so this make incorporates a bit of both!)
Country View Challenges (February) - Be Sentimental (5th entry)
Crafty Catz #626 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Shopping Our Stash #491 - Flowers, Flowers Everywhere
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Anything Goes (3rd entry)
Sisterhood of Crafters - Dots and/or Stripes
Stamping Sensations (February) - Anything Goes (3rd entry)
Try It On Tuesday - Let's Get Messy (2nd entry)

I'm really looking forward to the start of spring tomorrow and being able to create some more spring-themed cards! Take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

16 comments:

Ellibelle said...

I love Daffodils and this is a gorgeous stamp and card with this stunning background and love the white embossed verses. Like you, I am so ready for March!!

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A gorgeous Spring themed card Pauline, lovely image and background too.
Thank you for your comment and well wishes for my husband, he is getting there.
Lorraine

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous background you created and love the beautiful daffoldils-a lovely Spring card.THank you for joining us at Stamping Sensations
Carol DT x

dj said...

Beautiful collage card!! Springtime perfection!! Way to go shopping your stash!! Thanks for play along with our "Flowers, Flowers Everywhere" challenge over at Shopping Our Stash!!
-Deb Horst, DT #SOS491

brenda said...

Daffodils are always a welcome sight on a card, so fresh, many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful card! Loving the spring look and feel with the daffodils 🙂. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! Hugs, Jo x

Linby said...

This is stunning, just love the colours. Spring on a card indeed.

Darlene said...

Who doesn't love daffodils? This is beautiful! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

P.S. Did you hear the news? We have another new challenge blog we'd love to have you come check out and play along in. It all begins this Friday, March 3rd. It's called Triple B. Fun with Birds, Butterflies & Blooms. Would love to have you pop over! Appreciate your support!

Mrs.B said...

A lovely Spring card Pauline, love the image on the grungy inky background.
Thanks for sharing at Stamping Sensations.
Avril x

Ina G said...

Gorgeous card with that Mixed Media feel here Pauline. Thanks for sharing at Sisterhood of Crafters.

Viv said...

What a brilliant Spring card with those lovely daffodils on that gorgeous grungy background Pauline. Fab make and thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday!

AlisonC said...

This is perfect for the time of year. My daffodils are just thinking of showing their happy faces. Thanks for all the details on how you made this arty card and I'm sure you'll have fun playing with the stamp. Thanks for Shopping your Stash with us this time.

Sarn said...

Playing catch-up!
Fantastic spring daff card. Love all the inky goodness on this card. xxx

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

This card is uniquely appealing! I like everything about it! Thanks for sharing it with us at PIP Challenges!
Hugs

Lynne said...

A fabulous background for your beautiful card. Thank you for joining in at As You Like It. Lynne DT

Sarah said...

That's a really gorgeous background, such texture too. Thank you for joining in at AYLI. Sarah DT