Tuesday 14 February 2023

To My Valentine


Hi everyone, today I would like to share the Valentine card I made for my husband. I love making cards for him, but I do struggle with male cards and always wonder what to make as I think it's fair to say that most of my stash is more geared towards female cards!  Anyhoo, here is a Lavinia scene I created with loved up bunnies!  I was actually rather distracted when made this and realised afterwards that I'd slipped up, as it is actually extremely similar to the card I made him last year. I had got mixed up as I hadn't checked,  and thought last year's Valentine was a hedgehog card I made!! .. but when I told my husband I had slipped up and would need another cardmaking session he told me that I needn’t do that ... aww bless him!


I cut a square of stamping card, positioned my heart stencil and created my background by blending Distress Oxide inks and also using hill and circle masks. I then removed the stencil and stamped my hares, trees and hearts using Versafine Clair, and stamped a foliage border frame around the inked heart. I added some background stencilling of mini-hearts around the focal image with more DO, and stamped the sentiment before die-cutting the panel with a stitched square die. I rounded off by blending more DO round the edges of the panel and attaching to my card base, and highlighted the bunnies and moon with my Sakura stardust pen.


To make the card a bit more special for him I also decorated the inside with more romantic bunnies, and the envelope with bunnies plus a different heart stencil.


Stamps: Lavinia Wild Hares Set (large), Skeleton Tree Scene, Mini Leaf 2, Single Heart Mini; sentiment - Penny Black transparent set;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Black Soot, Hickory Smoke, Seedless Preserves, Villainous Potion, Chipped Sapphire); Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Medieval Blue, Charming Pink); Sakura Stardust pen (clear);
Tools: Hunkydory Moonstone Duo-Stitched Square dies; large heart stencil - Crafts Too Press to Impress; small hearts stencil and envelope heart stencil  - The Range; Lavinia Acetate Hill Masks, Acetate Circle Masks.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Art Impressions - You’re My Everything
As You Like It - Favourite - Love or Friendship (and why) - TOP 3
(I love both, but my favourite is making cards for my husband to show him that I love him) 
Birthstone Challenges #1 - Amethyst - TOP PICK
Cardz 4 Guys #315 - Valentine for a Guy
C.R.A.F.T. #667 - Love / Valentine  - TOP 3
Craft Rocket #100 - Love/Valentine (2nd entry)
Crafting Happiness #139 - Love (2nd entry)
Crafty Catz #624 - Anything Goes with option Add a Little Love
Crafty Friends #164 - Love/Romance (2nd entry)
Creatalicious #252 - Anything Goes with option Love &/or Hearts (2nd entry)
Cut It Up #271 - Have a Heart
Daring Cardmakers - All Loved Up
Double Trouble #131 - Love Is In the Air 
Everybody Art #529 - Heart / Love
Fab 'n' Funky #566 - Valentine's or Hearts
Inspiration Station #46 - Inspiration Picture
(I was inspired by the idea of a loved up couple in a landscape)

Little Red Wagon #691 - Somebody To Love - FEATURED
Lost Coast Portal to Creativity #160 - Love and Hearts (2nd entry)
Make My Monday #194 - All Creatures Great and Small - TOP PICK
Try It On Tuesday - All You Need is Love - TOP 5
We love Stamping (February) - Anything Stamped with option Use a Stencil (2nd entry)
Word Art Wednesday #581/582 - Anything Goes (4th entry)

Hope everyone enjoys Valentine's today whatever you're doing. Take care and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

38 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A wonderful design Pauline, lovely stamping and beautiful colours too. I hope you have something romantic planned to celebrate the day.
Lorraine

KraftyKoolKat said...

Such a gorgeous creation Pauline, I am sure he loved opening this today. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at We Love Stamping.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Sarn said...

WOW - that's a stunning Valentine's Day card for your hubby. Great stamping and a lovely scene with those sweet rabbits. xxx

Diane said...

Wow, what a beautiful scene you have created, I absolutely love it!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood!
Diane TSH DT
{Nellies Nest}
{The Sisterhood}
{Triple B} NEW March 3rd
{Stencil Fun}

Chris said...

Gorgeous card! I love the stamps you've used and the charming little scene inside the heart, such a lovely colour combo and the envelope is pretty too! Thank you for joining in at Fab'n' Funky and Sweet Stampin' Challenges.
Chris
x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Adorable!!! A so so sweet scene full of lovely details! Fabulous palette too, and also the inside looks really cute! A great inspiration, thanks so much for sharing with us at We Love Stamping!

Larelyn said...

This is just the sweetest scene and your inking and stamping is amazing. I'm sure he'll love it. Thank you for joining our Cut it Up Have a Heart challenge.
Hugs,
Larelyn (CIU owner)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Soooooo sweet and beautiful Pauline, bet he loved it.
Faith x

Darline Maes said...

Prachtige kaart, bedankt om mee te doen, groetjes Darline

dj said...

Beautifully done...the rich purples and blues make it masculine...Perfection!! Thanks for playing along with our “valentine for a guy” challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! -Deb Horst, DT #C4G315

Ellibelle said...

So adorable, Pauline! I think it works so well for a masculine card for Valentines Day and love how you finished the inside.

Melanie R said...

What a lovely Valentine, Pauline! I love that you also added the hares to the inside. Adding delicate edging to the heart was the perfect touch to frame the sweet scene. Thank you for playing along with us at Double Trouble Challenge #131.

Heather said...

Awww . . . this is so sweet! Your stenciled background is fabulous and I love the matching envelope! Thanks for playing with Cut It Up Challenge.

Kate said...

Your card is absolutely stunning and I love, love, love that sentiment!!

Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A beautiful card.
Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge Blog challenge. Good luck Ginny DT for
CRAFT Challenge Blog

Lia said...

The rabbit stamps are so cute and framed in a heart they look so adorable.
Lia DT TSOC

Chris said...

Hi Pauline, just popped back to thank you for sharing this beautiful card at Crafty Catz this week.
Chris
x

Meggymay said...

A fantastic romantic scene and card. I love the colour combination you used. Thank you for linking with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
Yvonne

Dawn said...

WOW, this is just stunning. I love all the different stamped elements and blending. Thanks for joining in at the Daring Cardmakers. x

Donna Walls said...

How incredibly sweet! I also love the sentiment, Thanks for joining us at the Inspiration Station Challenge, we look forward to seeing more of your lovely projects soon.
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge

brenda said...

I'm running late this week Pauline but didn't want miss thanking you for sharing your pretty card at We Love Stamping challenge.

B x

Linby said...

Beautifully done and what a fab sentiment too.

Fiona said...

this is soooo pretty Pauline, the colours are great together too.

Thanks for sharing with us at Dragonfly Dreams.
Fi
x

Elizabeth Hart said...

Oh so gorgeous - thanks for the info on how you made this Valentine card. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Dragonfly Dreams Challenge

Mrs.B said...

A lovely card Pauline, love the little scene inside the heart and that mini leaf makes a great frame. Love the matching envelope.
Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday.
Avril xx

pinky said...

This card is so sweet and very romantic! I am sure your hubby loved it. Worth framing it looks so good.

Donna Scholz said...

Pauline, what a great masculine Valentine's Day card you created for your husband! I love the various shades of purple (a great choice for a guy) and your masking and stenciling!! Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at Double Trouble!!! -Donna

Sue Jackson said...

Gorgeous card! You created a fabulous background with wonderfully colored layers. The sentiment is absolutely perfect! Thanks so much for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz! I hope to see you in the gallery again soon. Sue, DT

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I'm back again with my DT hat on, to say, I still love your gorgeous card. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at Crafting Happiness Challenges. Good Luck and looking forward to seeing you again in our next challenge.
Faith A DT

My name is Erika. said...

Not only is this a really sweet card, I love your color choices too. You showed us that love doesn't have to be red or pink. Thanks for joining us at TIOT. hugs-Erika

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Love the combination of colors you used in your heart scene, beautiful card. And the inside too is quite striking... love it all. Thanks for sharing with us at Dobule Trouble.

Larissa said...

Really adorable card! Love the cute sentiment and the pretty colours. Love the adorable scene you created. Thanks so much for joining us at the As you like it challenge.

Hugs,
Larissa

Kellianne said...

What a sweet card! I love how the bunnies are silhouette. Thanks for sharing this with us at Double trouble! :)

Maria Valente said...

So beautiful! Thank you for entering MMMChallenge.
Hugs

Tangii said...

Wowzers! Look at all of those gorgeous purples!!!!! Thanks for playing with us at the Birthstone Challenge, hope to see you again!

Kathy said...

Such a sweet card and the sentiment is just perfect! Thanks for sharing with us at the Inspiration Station. Smiles, Kathy

ionabunny said...

Gorgeous. Thanks for joining the fun at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity. Hugz

Kim said...

What a sweet card. I know he enjoyed it. Thanks for joining the challenge at Crafty Gals Corner.