Thursday 16 February 2023

New Life


Hello crafters, today I would like to show you my latest homework for the Snippets Playground challenge. I find a great way to use up snippets is to make ATC’s, and my stock is currently very low as I haven’t made many recently so am not in a very good position to trade .. so I thought I’d make a start in replenishing my stock by making a couple of spring ATC’s. 


For this pair of ATC’s I took a medium sized snippet and roughly brayered two colours of Distress Oxide ink onto it, then spattered with water. When dry I cut it into two pieces each 3.25” x 2.25”, then stamped the flowers, hare and background wording using Versafine Clair. I stamped the flowers in green, and then coloured over the flower heads with white Posca pen to look like snowdrops … a technique I have seen several people use with this particular stamp on FB. To be honest I wasn’t very happy with the result as the flowers weren’t initially very white when I used my size 1M pen and the texture was not at all smooth .. I tried again with my 5M pen which was much whiter but not really fine enough for the job. Eventually I coloured over with my Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen which smoothed things out  - a bit!!. At that point I decided to leave well alone, but I recognize I need to experiment and practice this quite a bit more! I stamped my sentiment onto separate tiny snippets of stamping card, cut out and attached.  Finally I rooted through my stash until I found an appropriate colour snippet for matting, which explains why I didn’t photograph my snippets before I started - I never know how these things will turn out until I get there! I edged my image panels with marker pen before matting onto standard ATC size card pieces.

Here is a closeup of one of them. The flower heads are actually very sparkly, but not even an angled picture seemed to capture that!


Stamps: Lavinia Fairy Bells, Flower Collection, Pipin, Spring Words; sentiment - Visible Image Sketched Tulips;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Tumbled Glass, Bundled Sage); Versafine Clair  (Nocturne, Verdant, Shady Lane, Warm Breeze); Posca pen (white); Spectrum Noir sparkle pen (clear).

Challenges I would like to enter:

Art Impressions #345 - Bloom Where You Are Planted
Creative Crafters #61 - Anything Goes
Dream Valley #287 - Add Some Bling
Make My Monday #194 - All Creatures Great and Small (2nd entry)
Path of Positivity #109 - Anything Goes Positive 
Shopping Our Stash #490 - Anything Starting With Letter B
(Blue, Bunny)

That’s all for today - as always, take care and thanks so much for visiting. 
Hugs,

18 comments:

Pamela said...

love the bunny card you've create with us at Make My Monday - Creature challenge. Love the stamped background, give it so much element to the card.

Ellibelle said...

They turned out so beautifully! Perfect for spring!

Sarn said...

Aww a cute pair of ATCs. Very appropriate for the coming Spring.

Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. It's early, so if you want some toasted crumpets or porridge for brekkie with a nice mug of your fave brew . . . make your way to the Treehouse! xxx

Linby said...

So pretty and well done on using snippets up.

dj said...

Sweetness!! Way to go shopping your stash!! So glad you played along with our new challenge over at Shopping Our Stash...you rocked our "anything that begins with B" challenge with your "B"lue & "B"unny card!! -Deb Horst, DT. #SOS490

ScrappyHorses said...

What beautiful and creative ATC's! Gorgeous flowers and the background is perfect! So happy you shared with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

brenda said...

So pretty, Snowdrops are such a welcome sight with the promise of Spring.

B x

Wendy L said...

This is so cute. Lovely Stamp. Xxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

These turned out beautifully Pauline,I love the Spring theme.
Lorraine

Di said...

SUCH pretty ATCs Pauline! I can see wild growing snowdrops from my craft room window - a sure sign of new life in the slowly warming soil. Wish I had your patience for making ATCs! Love them!

Hugs

Di xx

crafty-stamper said...

I love your Spring themed ATCs and sparkly Snowdrops-you can see the sparkle when you click on the pic
carol x

Mrs.B said...

A lovely pair of ATCs, and I think the snowdrops look great.
(I was playing with these stamps the other day and I used slightly watered down gesso with a fine paint brush to paint the heads). Love the blue script in the background.
Avril xx

pinky said...

They are so gorgeous Pauline. Love the soft colours. I haven't traded ATCs in years but always enjoyed making them.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

These are stunning Pauline, I love the design and the beautiful stamps. I find it difficult to make things white, too. So I will be taking an interest in how you do it.
Faith x

jolanda creatief bijtje said...

beautiful card
thank you for participating in our challenge
until next time
Greetings Jolanda Bongers
DT the creative crafters

Maria Valente said...

So beautiful! Thank you for entering MMMChallenge.
Hugs

lauren bergold said...

Oh these are so charming, I love your Blue Bunny ATCs! Thanks for Shopping Your (Starts with B) Stash with us this fortnight!

Suze said...

Lovely ATC Pauline. I like the subtle differences between the two. Thank you for entering the Inspired By Fashion Challenge at Path of Positivity.