Friday 24 February 2023

Moments Like These


Hi there, today I’m sharing a card I made for the monthly Lavinia online store challenge.  I felt inspired to make a spring themed card, not least of all to try out one of my newest Lavinia stamps “Spring Trees” - I’ve wanted it for a while and I really love it !


I started by die cutting a stitched square and stitched rectangle shapes so that I could create a layered card. I stamped and heat embossed the fairy, then created my landscape and sky by blending Distress Oxide inks and using acetate circle and hill masks. I added further stamped trees, flowers and various landscape elements using a variety of Versafine Clair inks, Distress Oxide and Brilliance pearlescent ink, then coloured the fairy wings and added highlights with Sakura Stardust pens. I also added a few “flowers” around the base of the trees and under the fairy using my Posca pens.I assembled the panels and attached to my card base - I don’t have any Lavinia sentiment stamps that really fit this card so I entered it into the Lavinia challenge before adding my sentiment.  

I actually had to make a goal-line save with this card, as after over 2 hours of work I was nearing completion when disaster struck!! I was happily stamping a row of bluebells using my stamping platform, inking the flowers in lilac and then masking the flower head with low tack tape to ink the stem in green VFC … until my concentration lapsed and I forgot to remove the tape resulting in a large blot of green ink!! Waaaah!! 😳 At first I thought it was irretrievable, but then I figured I had nothing to lose so I stamped a row of darker blue bluebells in the foreground, painted around the flower I had stamped over the ink blot with a very pale green Distress Oxide, stamped the flower again then added a few white dots. It’s not perfect but I think (hope) it’s now acceptable! 

Stamps: Lavinia Moments Like These, Spring Trees, Small Trees, Gate and Fence, Bluebell, Bird Collection, Birds; sentiment - Uniko Spring Botanicals Snowdrop;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Salty Ocean, Broken China, Tumbled Glass, Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Bundled Sage, Rustic Wilderness, Fossilized Amber); Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Pinecone, Shady Lane, Charming Pink); Versafine (Majestic Blue, Vintage Sepia); Brilliance Pearlescent ink (Pearlescent Lavender); Sakura Stardust pens (pink, yellow, turquoise); Posca pens (pink, yellow, white);
Tools: Hunkydory Moonstone dies - Duo-Stitched Squares and Duo-Stitched Rectangles; 

Challenges I would like to enter:

Art Impressions #345 - Bloom Where You Are Planted (2nd entry)
Country View Challenges (February) - Be Sentimental (3rd entry)
Daring Cardmakers - Treat Yourself
(I treated myself to the gorgeous Lavinia "Spring Trees" stamp set)
Krafty Chicks #652 - All Occasions
Pammie’s Inky Pinkies #2307 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday #583/584 - Anything Goes (3rd entry)

Hope you have a great weekend whatever you're doing.

Take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

9 comments:

Sarn said...

Well I would never have known there was a mistake on this gorgeous card Pauline. It’s so pretty xxx

brenda said...

Lovely echoes of brighter Spring days to come Pauline, many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Handmade by Natty said...

What a lovely card! And I totally understand why you treated yourself to those stamps! :D Thanks for playing along with the Daring Cardmakers this week! x

Ellibelle said...

It turned out beautifully and you've covered up your mistake so perfectly! Things like that always tend to happen towards the end of creating the projects, don't they!?!
Love those colorful fairy wings!!

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Pauline, I love the scene you've created.
Lorraine x

pinky said...

Your card is just gorgeous Pauline and I can't spot a blunder anywhere so you did a great cover up job!!

Mrs.B said...

A lovely card Pauline,( very difficult to spot the green splodge if you hadn't mentioned it) Love the little scene and makes me long for spring.
Thanks for sharing at Stamping Sensations.
Avril x

pinky said...

Back with my DT hat on for your gorgeous card Pauline. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.
Pinky

Linby said...

So very beautiful, I love the colours. Very well done on the save too.