Saturday 30 July 2022

Allsorts Challenge #687


Good morning everyone, and welcome to this week's Allsorts Challenge. Mervi has chosen the theme this time and it is

*** Butterflies and/or Bugs ***

We are looking forward to seeing your fluttery or creepy crawly creations !! (I personally hate creepy crawlies especially spiders, but I'll force myself to look through my fingers lol!!)

This week we have 2 great prizes on offer from Craft Stash:


A beautiful stamp set, and a stencil.


Here's my card for this week.


This is the last stamp I have got round to using from a gorgeous AALl & create set I acquired from the FB UK Stampers' Forum Craft De-Stash site a few weeks ago. It is another really big stamp, which directed me  to make a DL card - except that when cutting down the already finished image panel I slightly misjudged so had slightly to cut down my base card to suit ..it's actually about an inch shorter than a normal DL!!  Oops! Anyhoo ...

I stamped and heat embossed my image, then smooshed on some Distress Oxide inks using acetate ... I particularly had in mind that this image would suit the 2 new DO colours "Saltwater Taffy" and "Uncharted Mariner". I also did a little stencilling with more Saltwater Taffy at each side, though that is a bit difficult to see in the photo, and stamped a background word "butterfly" from the same stamp set. I stamped and heat embossed a portion of the main stamp again on separate card, painted the butterfly with the 2 DO's then fussy cut and attached on top of the original image. I matted everything onto black linen card stock and attached to my card base, added a sentiment sticker, and finished off with Glossy Accents on the butterfly to give it an enamelled sheen. 

This was a really quick card for me! here's an angled pic to show the glossy accents on the butterfly. I have only recently started using Glossy Accents again after not doing so for years (I had to buy a new bottle as my other had seized up completely!!). This is quite a big glossy area and I noticed when it was dry there are a couple of bubbles ...never mind, I'll know not to do it by electric light next time so I can see what I'm doing properly!


Stamps: AALL & Create #449 - Through the Meadows;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Saltwater Taffy, Uncharted Mariner); Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Twilight); Glossy Accents;
Tools: Darkroom Door stencil - Polka Dots;
Other: Tim Holtz "Small Talk" stickers.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Addicted to Stamps & More #434 - Any Occasion (2nd entry)
Colour Crazy Challenge #30 2022 - Anything Goes With Colouring
Creative Crafters #54 - Anything Goes (3rd entry) - TOP 3
Daring Cardmakers - Stencil It!
Krafty Chicks #622 - All Occasions
NBUS #40 - Use Your Never Before Used Schtuff (3rd entry)
(Mine is my main stamp, and Uncharted Mariner DO ink pad)
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday #553/554 - Anything Goes (3rd entry)

Hope you can join us this week, and I look forward to seeing your entries. Don't forget to visit the challenge blog to see more fab inspiration from the rest of the team. Thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

15 comments:

Linby said...

Those colours do look good together on your beautiful card.

Mervi said...

Stunning card with lovely colours;-))m

brenda said...

A lovely delicate colour palette Pauline and yes they are big stamps on this set aren't they, but beautiful as your pretty card proves.

B x

Esther Asbury said...

I love this beautiful card with all its inky layers! So happy you linked up to the Krafty Chicks Challenge this week!

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This is a stunner Pauline, lovely background and embossed stamping.
Lorraine

Ellibelle said...

Love it Pauline, such a beautiful stamp and gorgeous colors!

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card and embossed stamps -love the colour combination too
Carol x

Thank you for joining us at TTCRD
Carol DT x

Bonnie said...

Such a pretty butterfly and background, Pauline! So nice to see this in the NBUS gallery!

Sarn said...

VERY pretty butterfly card Pauline. Love the colours used. I'm sure the shortened DL won't matter a bit to the recipient! xxx

Tracy said...

Beautiful creation Pauline, I love the colour combo.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Handmade by Natty said...

Beautiful card, your background is stunning with the hints of polka dots and those lovely ink colours. :D Thanks for playing along with the Daring Cardmakers this week! x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This looks like it has taken you hours Pauline, absolutely Beautiful. SO many lovely details and colours.
Faith x
PS I don't swap ATC's but if you want that one, give me a shout :) I'll send it.

Fiona said...

Hi Pauline -thanks for your comment on my ATC's. My FB group The Joy of Sets runs monthly swaps and challenges and does also sometimes include ATC's. We also have a RAK group where we send cards out to each other. Our members are all over the world but I am based in Wales so we do have a lot of U.K. girls. Tracy is in our group too 👍🏻😂

Ines said...

Super:)Thanks for playing with us at The Creative Crafters:)Ines DT
http://inka-mojmalyswiat.blogspot.com/
https://creativecrafterschallenge.blogspot.com/

Josje said...

Nice catd thanks for joining at colour crazy groetjes Josje dt