Saturday 16 July 2022

Allsorts Challenge #685


Good morning everyone, I'm thrilled to say that this week it is my turn to welcome you and choose the theme for Allsorts Challenge. I thought I would be kind, and give you all the opportunity to get ahead with things, so I have chosen

*** Christmas In July ***

If you're anything like me, every year I promise myself that I will get a good head start on my Christmas makes .... and here we are in July, and how many Chrimbo cards have I made ??? Errr ... two!! So this challenge has given me a good excuse to get a wriggle on, and I hope it will do the same for you too!!

Once again we have 2 fantastic prizes on offer:

Firstly, a £15 store voucher from Pearlywinks


and secondly this gorgeous Christmassy Sizzix die set.


Here's my card for this week.


A few months ago I won a fantastic £100 voucher in a competition over at Uniko, and amongst other things i chose several Christmas stamp sets. With the hot weather I wasn't really feeling very inspired to make a Christmas card, so I broke out this set in the hope that it would kick-start my mojo, and decided to make a Skandi-style card. 

I stamped my images using a mixture of Versafine Clair, and Versamark heat embossed with silver EP.  I sponged some blue Distress oxides along the top and bottom edges to provide a bit more contrast to the silver snowflakes, and matted the panel onto blue pearlescent card stock. It still seemed to be missing a little something, so I added some holographic peel off snowflakes.

Stamps: Uniko Background Builders - Winter Wonderland;
Media: Versafine Clair (Medieval Blue, Warm Breeze); Versafine (Majestic Blue); Versamark; Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Blueprint Sketch, Chipped Sapphire).

Challenges I would like to enter:

ABC Christmas Challenge - N is for New, O is for Old
(new stamps, old holographic peel offs)
C.R.A.F.T. #645 - Christmas
Creatalicious #239 - Anything Goes with option Christmas In July
Dare 2B Artzy (July) - Christmas In July
Double Trouble #116 - Christmas In July
Krafty Chicks #620 - Christmas In July
My Time to Craft #486 - Christmas In July
Paper Dragonfly #7 2022 - Christmas In July
Papercraft Challenges #84 - Christmas in July
Sheepski #64 - Christmas In July
Taylormadecards4U (July) - Anything Goes with option Holidays in July

Hope you can join us this week, and I look forward to seeing your entries. Don't forget to visit the challenge blog to see more fab inspiration from the rest of the team. Thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

24 comments:

brenda said...

It is so hard thinking Christmas when it's so hot but clearly those new stamps kick started your seasonal mojo and it's a lovely card.

C&C needs to re-think it as every year it's the same making for Christmas when Summer eventually arrives, so much the last few years I've made the bulk of mine in January and a few special ones during the year.

Keep cool and thanks for the challenge.

B x

Sarn said...

A lovely festive card with your new goodies.
Nice inking and heat embossing xxx

coldwaters2 said...

Brilliant festive card Pauline love the images and sentiments you have used great colours.
hugs
lolo x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A lovely stamp set and card design Pauline, hopefully your Christmas card pile will see a massive boost soon :o)
Lorraine

Linby said...

A lovely design, I was wondering whose stamps they were, you've used them to great effect.

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Christmas Crafts all year round. Hope to see you again next time.

Ginger said...

Super job! I love all the eye-catching elements! Thanks for joining us a Creatalicious Challenges!

Sheryl said...

Lovely card.
Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl CRAFT DT xx

Ellibelle said...

Beautiful creation with the new stamps Pauline. Really loving the color scheme and how you inked the stamp with different shades of blue.
I used to try getting ahead for Christmas over the year but I never succeeded so now I just start making a few here and here starting in July, this challenge got me started :)

stampinwithanita said...

What a fun Christmas card and so glad you got a jump on your Christmas cards! Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Dragonfly Creative Challenges!

Donna Scholz said...

Love your Christmas card, Pauline! Those stamps are really wonderful, and the way you blended the blue ink does a fantastic job of showcasing the stamped parts!! Thank you so much for sharing your card and talents with us at Double Trouble for our "Christmas in July" challenge!!! -Donna

Brenda said...

What a great card to add to your holiday stash! You definitely seem to have been inspired by your new goodies. Thanks so much for sharing it with us this week at CRAFT Challenge!

Vicky Hayes said...

Thanks for cooling us all down with your snowy themed card Pauline! Love the collage effect and the different blues with the silver embossing. Vicky x

AlisonC said...

Lovely colour scheme here and like all the detail you've added to make such an unusual card. x

Kellianne said...

I love the variation from the blue to teal to navy on the centered stamped image! Very pretty. The silver snowflakes are such a beautiful touch. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble! :)

Gail Hutchinson said...

Pauline what a lovely Christmas card. Thank you for sharing with us over here at Sheepski Designs and best of luck with your entry.

Gail DT for https://sheepski-designs-challenges.blogspot.com/

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Great stamp of the center forest scene and love how you silhouetted it with a combination and blend of blue and green inks. Snowflakes embellishments for your bling. Thanks for sharing your pretty card with us at Double Trouble and Jingle Belles Rock challenges.

valscraftings said...

A lovely card!
Thank you for joining us at Paper Dragonfly Creative Challenge! Val DT
https://paperdragonflycreativechallenges.blogspot.com/

Tone K. said...

Very pretty! :)
Thanks a lot for joining us at Creatalicious! :)

Becca Sadler said...

Pauline: Your card is very delightful!! I like the Scandinavian style! And the dictionary definition of North Pole is a terrific unique touch! Thanks for including MTTC in your links! We'd love to have you come back for future themes, too! --Becca/DT

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love this winter scene and the rolling hill - so creative. Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Creatalicious challenge.

Deanne Saunders said...

Awesome!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR ROUND challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the stamps you chose, this is such a great card, I'm sure the recipient will love reading it too.
Faith x

Fabiola said...

ta carte est superbe Pauline, merci de jouer avec nous chez CAS Christmas Card, biz