Saturday 9 July 2022

Allsorts Challenge #684


Good morning everyone, and welcome to another weekly Allsorts Challenge. This week Lorraine (Lolo) has chosen the theme which is

*** Allsorts of Animals ***

This week's two fab prizes are both animal themed - an AALL & Create stamp set #155 "Love Birds", and a Bee Crafty Jungle Animals stamp set.


Here's my card for this week.


I decided to continue "getting back to my roots" in line with Thursday's card - that is to say I broke out another of my first love Penny Black old wood-mounted stamps. This is one of the earliest PB hedgies I ever bought - you may notice he even features in my blog header!!

I stamped my image onto a square of stamping card and coloured with Promarkers. I stamped my sentiment (which I have also had for many years, and which has possibly never even seen ink before!!), then added a little background stencilling with Distress Oxide inks.   I matted the panel simply and added a trio if sparkly gems plus some Glossy Accents to the flower centres, and I was done.

Stamps: Penny Black "Hedgehog Bouquet" (1444K); sentiment - Hero Arts "Smiles and Laughter";
Media: Promarkers; Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Squeezed Lemonade, Spun Sugar, Kitsch Flamingo); Memento ink (black); Versafine Clair (Twilight);
Tools: Sweet Dixie stencil - "Petal Burst";
Gems from my stash.

Challenges I would like to enter:

As You Like It - Favourite Warm or Cool Colours (and why) - TOP 3
(I love both, but I love warm colours in the summer as they give such a happy uplifting feeling)
Aud Sentiments #295 - Anything Goes With a Sentiment
Crafts Galore Encore #101 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Crafty Animals #63 - Include an Animal (2nd entry)
Happy Little Stampers: Stencils (July) - Anything Goes Using a Stencil
I ❤️ Promarkers #514 - Anything Goes with option of Animals (2nd entry)
Penny Black Saturday Challenge (July) - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Stamping Sensations (July) - Summer Flowers
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Word Art Wednesday #551/552 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)

Hope you can join us this week, and I look forward to seeing your entries. Don't forget to visit the challenge blog to see more fab inspiration from the rest of the team. Thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

11 comments:

Mervi said...

Cute and gorgeous card.
Happy weekend Pauline;-))m

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Beautiful card
Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge atThrough The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge. Good luck Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Sarn said...

Love the stencilling and the cute hedgie image. Fab card Pauline xxx

Kathyk said...

A fab make Pauline, such an adorable image and loving your blended stencilling too

Happy Saturday

Kathyk

Ellibelle said...

How very cute Pauline! I have this stamp on a clear set but still want to collect my favorite PB's wood mounted :)
You've colored it so beautifully and love the stenciling. Fabulous sentiment too!

Lorraine said...

This is gorgeous Pauline, I love PB hedgies and this one looks fab. Love the stenciled background too.
Lorraine x

Lorraine said...

Nearly forgot! Thank for joining our Penny Black Saturday challenge this month too.
Lorraine x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A lovely CAS card design Pauline.
Lorraine

Karen Letchworth said...

What a super sweet card, Pauline. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Word Art Wednesday. It's always a blessing to have you play along, and I hope that you'll join us again soon.
Blessings,
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

An adorable and very beautiful card Pauline, I love your stencilled background which is perfect with hedgie and a lovely sentiment and gems to finish, Love it.
Faith x

ILEANA ARTUFFO said...

Wonderful creation! I love image and little stencilling background!

Thanks for playing at I Love Promarkers Challenge.
Ileanaxx