Sunday 17 July 2022

In the Post


Hi everyone,

Today I would like to share a set of ATC’s I made for a monthly swap on FB UK Stampers’ Forum on the theme of “In the Post”.  I racked my brains for a while and ruffled through my stash, where I found an old vintage postcard stamp that was pretty much EXACTLY the right size for an ATC … so it all went from there! I love the way that themed ATC swaps really do make you get your thinking cap on! I only started making ATC’s three months ago but I really enjoy it 😀


First I cut a piece of stamping white card big enough to make all 3 ATC’s, and created a  vintage paper effect by smooshing Antique Linen and Tea Dye Distress inks using acetate. I then stamped my vintage postcard image 3 times with sepia ink and cut out. I masked a portion of each postcard and 2nd generation stamped my vintage text in grey, then over stamped my flower in sepia and coloured with various shades of pink DI. I was a bit puzzled as to how I could create the address as I didn’t have any suitable stamps … but I found some old vintage style papers in my stash which contained these teeny label images, so I cut them out and attached them. Similarly, another paper pad contained impressionistic images of teeny postage stamps, so my luck was in! I matted each finished panel onto brown linen card stock, and finished off with a couple of dewdrops on each postcard and a little Posca gold pen on the star postmark.

Here’s a closer look at one of the ATC’s.


Stamps: vintage postcard - Lili of the Valley; text - Indigo Blu “Sarah’s Choice”; flower - Visible Image “Accessories”;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Antique Linen, Tea Dye, Spun Sugar, Tattered Rose, Victorian Velvet); Versafine (Sepia); Versafine Clair (Morning Mist); Posca pen (gold);
Papers and dewdrop gems from my stash.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Cardz 4 Galz #177 - Get Inky (2nd entry)
Mixed Media Lovers #15 - Anything Mixed Media Goes
NBUS #40 - Use Your Never Before Used Schtuff (2nd entry)
(Indigo Blu and Visible Image stamps)
Pammie's Inky Pinkies #2228 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Simon Says (Monday) - Fabulous Florals (3rd entry)
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Make Your Own Background  (2nd entry)
Three Room Studio #685 - Anything Goes
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes (4th entry)

Take care everyone in the extreme heat and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

12 comments:

Sarn said...

These are rather cool little ATCs Pauline. Love the way they came together after you searched through your craft materials. Xxx

Tracie said...

Beautiful ATCs. Thanks for sharing with us at PIP Challenges.

papierelle said...

Your ATC's look great and I love their vintage charm. Maybe you would also like to show them at the current challenge of the dream factory. Our theme: Old
https://traumfabrik-challenge.blogspot.com/2022/07/challenge-106-old.html

Rainey's Craft Room said...

I love the vintage feel of these little ATC's. It's always lovely when you find just the right item in your stash to fit a theme, these are gorgeous.
Lorraine

Vicky Hayes said...

These are absolutely gorgeous Pauline and I loved hearing about your process and how you came across the labels and the stamp image on DSPs! Vicky x

Bonnie said...

These little postcards are amazing, Pauline! I love the sepia and pink color theme and all those details that made these fantastic! Thanks for sharing in the NBUS gallery!

Creaine said...

So glad you’ve joined our challenge at Mixed Media Lovers! I just love what you’ve made. Hope to see you again next time.
Blogowner: Ine http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

marlies said...

Very nice! So glad that you joined Mixed Media Lovers!
Marlies, DT

Linby said...

Love these ATCs - that VI stamp has been on my desk but no inspiration yet!

Sue Jackson said...

These vintage post card ATCs are so gorgeous. Your combination of inks are really inspired. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz! Hope to see you in the gallery again soon.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! What a fabulous stamp, and again I love your ATC's. The address label is just so right with this.
Faith x

Helma said...

Great card you make. Thanks for joining the challenge of Mixed Media Lovers. Greetings Helma DT