Tuesday 26 July 2022

Creative Chaos


Hi everyone,

Today I would like to share a few ATC’s I have made .. I got on a bit of a roll with some new Visible Image stamps as my ATC stock was really depleted to almost zero. I only started making ATC’s in April but I really enjoy it, as it is a fascinating challenge to tell a story in such a small space 😀

First up … a series of 3 identical ATC’s I have called “Chaos Theory”.


First I created a smooshed background with Distress Oxide inks, then I stamped and heat embossed my focal flower. I did a bit of background stamping with VI motifs and Woodware splodges, and heat embossed “Chaos Theory” with white EP. I stamped some background text in grey onto separate snippets of card, then stamped and heat embossed my flower, fussy cut the flower head and attached to each ATC on top of the original stamping. Finally I coloured each flower head with red Posca sparkle pen - with hindsight I wished I hadn’t done that, but hey it’s done now. 

Here’s a closer look at one of the ATC’s.


Stamps: flower - Visible Image “Accessories”; background stamping and words - VI “Creative Chaos”; splodges -  Woodware “Additions”;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Blueprint Sketch, Salty Ocean, Wilted Violet); Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Golden Meadow, Verdant, Green Oasis, Medieval Blue); Versafine (Imperial Purple); Posca sparkle pen (red).

Challenges I would like to enter:

A Gem Of a Challenge #15 2022 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Classic Design Challenge #7 2022 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Colourful Options (July) - Red, White & Blue
Creative Crafters #54 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Daisy Chain #65 - No Design Paper (2nd entry)
Fab ‘n’ Funky #556 - Anything Goes
Get Creative #113 - Red, White & Blue
Mixed Media Lovers #15 - Anything Mixed Media Goes (2nd entry)
Pammie's Inky Pinkies #2230 Anything Goes 
QKR Stampede #448 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)

Secondly, I made a series of 4 ATC’s I have called “Out of Chaos Comes Creativity”. These were inspired by my idea of colouring the flower in the colours of the rainbow.


First I cut out 4 pieces of card slightly smaller than standard ATC size, and stamped/heat embossed my flowers. I coloured the flowers with Posca sparkle pens then masked the flower heads and created a smoosh background on each ATC in different shades. I did a little background stamping with VI background stamps, then created my sentiment using masking tape to position the sentiment over 3 lines, and to use a mix of black and coloured ink. I edged each image panel with black Promarker before matting onto coordinating brightly coloured card stock, and finished off with a single heart gem on each card.

Here's an angled pic to show the sparkly flowers ...

... and closeups of the individual ATC’s.

1/4
2/4
3/4
4/4

Stamps: flower - Visible Image “Accessories”; background stamping and words - VI “Creative Chaos”; 
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Squeezed Lemonade, Fossilized A,bear, Twisted Citron, Cracked Pistachio, Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, Lilac, Wilted Violet); Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Golden Meadow, ; Versafine (Imperial Purple; Posca sparkle pens (red, orange, yellow, green, light blue, blue, violet)

Challenges I would like to enter:

Ally's Angels #60 - Anything Goes (3rd entry)
Arty Divas (July) - Anything Goes
Cardz 4 Galz #177 - Get Inky (3rd entry)
Colour Crazy #29 2022 - Anything Goes With Colouring
Creative Crafting Uncles #31 - Anything But a Card
Moving Along With the Times #144 - Inky Background (2nd entry)
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes  (2nd entry)
Word Art Wednesday #553/554 - Anything Goes  (2nd entry)

That’s all for today, though I do have a couple more ATC’s still up my sleeve for a future share.
Take care, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

12 comments:

Sarn said...

WOW - I absolutely LOVE these ATCs Pauline. I have that VI set and adore that flower and the background stamps, so these really work for me!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Jane Savage said...

Lovely ATC's!
Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Gem of a Challenge! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things! xxx

Vicky Hayes said...

So pretty Pauline! I agree - just changing the size of your base can kickstart all sorts of creativity!
Vicky x

Pat K said...

Fabulous mixed media ATC's Pauline. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky. Pat K xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! Pauline these are absolutely gorgeous, love the designs and colour mixes. Really Beautiful work
Faith x

Creaine said...

So glad you’ve joined our challenge at Mixed Media Lovers! I just love what you’ve made. Hope to see you again next time.
Blogowner: Ine http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

Carole Pollard said...

Gorgeous red and blue cards so vibrant Thanks for joining Get Creative Challenge Carole Design Team x

Creaine said...

Love this! Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
Ine DT Member
http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/
owner: http://mixedmedialovers.blogspot.com

Helma said...

Great card you make. Thanks for joining the challenge of Mixed Media Lovers. Greetings Helma DT

AndreaNorris said...

Oh these are so cool I really love them! Thank for joining us at Colour Crazy Craft Challenge this time
Andrea x

Angela said...

I love them all. Thanks for joining us over at Arty Divas. Angela (DT) xoxo

Ines said...

Super:)Thanks for playing with us at The Creative Crafters:)Ines DT
http://inka-mojmalyswiat.blogspot.com/
https://creativecrafterschallenge.blogspot.com/