Friday 15 July 2022

Olivia Makes a Wish


Hello there and happy Friday!

I had to have another play with some more of my new Lavinia stash, and this time I decided to break out my new Elements inks and have a go at a gel plate background ... I bought 2 Elements inks especially to try with the gel plate as I've not had a lot of success up to now with Distress Oxides. Here's the result.


I started by brayering 2 colours of Elements inks onto my gel plate, and spattering with water - I also bought a few brushos on Sunday but I could only take so much excitement in one crafty session so I thought I would save them for another time! I would love to be able to say that the results were an unqualified success but I would be lying - I had several failed attempts (including a few with DO's instead of Elements inks) and wouldn't really say I was happy with this one, but it was the best of the bunch! 

I created my sun by blending Distress Oxides around a circle mask, then blended some clouds across the sun with more DO and torn paper. I stamped my new fairy "Olivia" using Versafine Clair in Nocturne, then built up my floral scene using various flower and foliage stamps and 1st/2nd generation stamping in various VFC colours. I "grounded" Olivia with a little blended DO, and added some fairy wording across the sun. I coloured Olivia's wings and the flower heads with Sakura sparkle pens, and added Sakura sparkle highlights everywhere, then finished by blending a little Elements ink around the edges of the image panel before stamping my sentiment and matting simply onto black linen card stock.  Here's a picture to show the sparkle!


Stamps: Lavinia Olivia Small, Wild Summer Flower, Fairy Dandelions, Leaf Spray, Leaf Creeper, Josie (small dandelion seed head); Faerie Spells; sentiment - Crafter's Companion Magical Sentiments;
Media: Lavinia Elements Inks (Della Blue, Pine); Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Hickory Smoke, Stormy Sky, Rustic Wilderness); Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Twilight, Morning Mist, Rainforest, Green Oasis, Verdant); Sakura Gelly Roll Stardust pens (Blue, Gold, Lime Green, Clear).

Challenges I would like to enter:

Cardz 4 Galz #177 - Get Inky - SPOTLIGHT WINNER
Hero Arts (July) - Birthdays
Make My Monday #178 - Splatters! (2nd entry)
NBUS #40 - Use Your Never Before Used Schtuff
(Olivia fairy and leaf creeper stamps, Elements inks, Hickory Smoke DO, Green Oasis VFC)
Shopping Our Stash #474 - Blending In - TOP 3
Simon Says (Monday) - Fabulous Florals (2nd entry) - DESIGNER SPOTLIGHT
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Make Your Own Background
Try It On Tuesday - Make It Magical - TOP 5

Looks like it's going to be an absolute scorcher this weekend here in the UK, so take care everyone, and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

15 comments:

Lynn said...

Gorgeous card! I am enchanted by your talent!

brenda said...

Very pretty Pauline and the new inks look to have blended beautifully.

B x

Sarn said...

Your background looks fab to me! Love your sweet new fairy and all the flower stamps xxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

I love it and think you are being very hard on yourself, it's a gorgeous card.
Lorraine

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Pauline I am finally here after what seems such a long, long time, Pauline your work with inks and Lavinia stamps is ACE I admire your work so much it is something that I could never do I know my limitations but your work is full of inspiration and beauty you have blossomed so much since the first time I saw your work the saying 'the only way is up' is so true in your case I am surprised you have not been approached by others to join their challenge blogs or even Lavinia stamps themselves you are such a talented crafter and a lovely person to boot.
hugs
lolo x

dj said...

Oh so magical...beautiful blended background!! Way to go shopping your stash...thanks for joining the fun and playing along with our Blending In challenge over at SOS!!

Helen said...

This is just stunning! LOVE that magical background you created!! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Try it on Tuesday! ((HUGS)) Helen

meg said...

A fabulous background for your gorgeous Lavinia stamps,thank you for joining in at MMM

Bonnie said...

What a magical scene with that sweet fairy, Pauline! I especially love how you've colored the wing! I loved seeing this in the NBUS gallery!

SmilynStef said...

those inks are gorgeous on the gel press ... thanks so much for getting ink blendy with us at Shopping Our Stash.

Billie A said...

Awesome card. Great scene. Thanks for sharing over at Cardz 4 Galz, Make My Monday.

Cazro said...

Simply stunning, awesome 'inky' work, you have produced an amazing wonderful card with lavinia stamps. Thanks for joining in the fun at Cardz for Galz. Caz DT

Joan said...

Truly magical scene

Thanks for joining in at Try It On Tuesday

Joan

pearshapedcrafting said...

This really is a magical card. I love the shop and would have loved to visit for the demo wekend. Thanks so much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday, Chrisx

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous card Pauline, I think the gel plate takes some getting used to - mine are very hit/miss, but I love the effects you've got here and the stamped background is perfect for Olivia.
Enjoy playing with your new stash, mine's still waiting to be inked up as I'm just recovering from Covid!
Thanks for sharing in our Magical challenge at Try it on Tuesday
Avril x