Saturday 6 August 2022

Allsorts Challenge #688/689


Good morning everyone,

It's Saturday so it's time for another Allsorts Challenge. This time we are having a two week challenge due to the school holidays -  Lorraine has chosen the theme and it is

*** Anything Goes with option to Create Your Own Background ***

We look forward to seeing all your makes in line with the simple challenge rules, but would particularly love to see your handmade backgrounds ... the only limit is your imagination!!

This week's fab prize is a £15 store voucher from WOWVOW
Here's my card for this week, using yet another stamp bought from the FB UK Stampers’ Forum Craft destash site 😀


I cut a piece of white stamping card and created a smoosh background with Distress Oxide inks spritzed with water on my craft mat then dabbed onto the card with acetate. I then did some background stencilling with a second colour DO. I stamped and heat embossed my main image, then coloured the flowers and leaves by painting with more watered down DO’s, with a few highlights painted using gold Posca pen ink. I added a little background stamping using Golden Meadow Versafine Clair .. I actually made a mistake at this point as I fully intended all the background stamping to be second generation, but I forgot in the top left corner and stamped first generation! Not what I intended but I decided to just roll with it! I finished off with a stamped and heat embossed sentiment, a few sparkly gems and simple matting onto a 7” x 5” base card.

Stamps: Indigo Blu “Blazing Poppies”; AALL & Create “Scripted Hexagons”; Crafter’s Companion “Magical Sentiments”;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Fossilized Amber, Twisted Citron, Spiced Marmalade, Ripe Persimmon, Mowed Lawn, Wilted Violet); Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Golden Meadow); Posca pen (metallic gold);
Tools: stencil - AALL & Create #110 “Digits Checked”.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Addicted to Stamps and More! #435 - Die Cuts and/or Stencils
DL Art (August) - Anything Goes
Creative Knockouts #464 - Birthday Wishes
Simon Says (Monday) - Happy Birthday!
Try It On Tuesday - Make It Feminine 

I would also like to share a pair of ATC’s where I also made my own backgrounds using the acrylic block stamping technique with distress oxide inks. 


I cut two pieces of white stamping card slightly smaller than standard ATC size. As luck would have it I have a long thin rectangular acrylic block that is just the right width, so I masked part of its length and then inked it with 3 colours of DO, then spritzed with water and stamped onto the card to create my grass and sky, which i then spattered with water droplets to create further interest. I then stamped my Lavinia meadow flowers and grasses plus dragonflies using various colours of Versafine Clair and 1st/2nd generation stamping, and coloured my flower heads with Sakura stardust pen. I stamped my sentiment onto separate card, cut out and attached, then matted the finished panels onto standard ATC size dark blue pearlescent card.

Here's an angled pic to show the sparkle.


Stamps: Lavinia “Wild Meadow Flower”, “Leaf Spray”, “Field Grass”, Fairy Bugs”; sentiment - AALL & Create #449 “Through the Meadows”;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Salty Ocean, Tumbled Glass, Mowed Lawn); Versafine Clair (Twilight, Green Oasis, Verdant, Warm Breeze); Sakura Stardust pen (clear).

Challenges I would like to enter:

Creative Crafting Uncles #31 - Anything But a Card
Krafty Chicks #623 - Stamp Act
Sheepski Designs #65 - Anything Goes

Hope you can join us this fortnight, and I look forward to seeing your entries - don't forget you have two weeks to enter this challenge, which closes on 19th August. Also please do make time to visit the challenge blog to see more fab inspiration from the rest of the team. Thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

21 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

I knew I'd get a treat when I visited here - your backgrounds are gorgeous and each one has new details in it every time I look. Gorgeous projects.
Lorraine

Donna Walls said...

Gorgeous cards and the stamped images are beautiful. I've got to check them out! I think they're so versatile. TFS with us at the Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge.
Donna

Ellibelle said...

Such beautiful projects Pauline. The mistake actually looks fabulous I would have thought it was done on purpose! Wonderful block stamping too! I don't think of this technique often enough and it's such a nice and easy one!

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

Love both your creations! Very stunning and great techniques used. Someone isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty! Delighted to have you join us at Krafty Chicks Challenge this week.
Diane - DT

brenda said...

Blazing Poppies is such a beautiful IB stamp, maybe be I'm swayed because they are Poppies. Whatever, they look beautiful against your inky two tone background and I also spot one of my fav A&C stencils I think.

Such fresh looking ATC's as well,"blue and green which should never be seen" according to my Gran makes such a pretty colour palette and I have to disagree with her.

B x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Gorgeous cards.
Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge Blog challenge. Good luck Ginny DT

ÅsaJ said...

Such a beautiful card! Thank you for joining Addicted to Stamps and More! Hugs Åsa

Mervi said...

Fabulous and beautiful card.

Linby said...

Your first card is so beautiful and I think the first generation ink wasn't a mistake - it adds dimension. Gorgeous ATCs - I think I need those stamps after seeing Brenda using them too.

Sarn said...

LOVE your pretty card with that very detailed stamp and the lovely background.

ADORE the ATCs you made with the acrylic block technique too. Good job! xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Your card is just gorgeous Pauline, so many beautiful details and I love the ATC's too. Stunning work.
Faith x

Sheryl said...

A great Summer themed card.
Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl CRAFT DT xx

laurie said...

Love your pretty blooms! Thanks for joining us at ATSM!

Helen said...

Gorgeous ATC's! Love those dragonflies!! Thanks for playing at ATC Around the World! ((HUGS)) Helen

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, such stunning cards! I love the stamp that you used on your birthday wishes card and the colours look amazing 😊. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! Hugs Jo x

Crafting Queen said...

two beautiful ATCs. Thanks for joining ATCs mit herz. Anesha

coldwaters2 said...

Your work is amazing Pauline you are such a gifted crafter the card and ATCs look superb
hugs
lorraine x

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful birthday cards! Thanks so much for joining us at Country View Challenges too 😊. Happy wishes! Hugs Jo x

Conny said...

Wow.. wonderful art works! Love your ATCs!
Thanks for joining us at ATC around the world!

Hugs,
Conny

Paper Scissors Glitter said...

A very pretty card. I love the background you have created. Thanks for joining in our AG challenge at Creative Inspirations and good luck, Jayne DT

Gail Hutchinson said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Thank you for sharing with us over here at Sheepski Designs and best of luck with your entry.

Gail DT for https://sheepski-designs-challenges.blogspot.com/