Tuesday 23 August 2022

Dancing Till Dawn


Hi everyone,

Today is my cousin’s daughter’s 40th birthday, so I would like to share the card I made for her.   What do you make for a 40 year old?? …   I decided the only way to go was to use my brand new Lavinia fairies “Dancing Till Dawn” as that is what I would wish for her … here’s the result, which is a large 8” x 8” card.


First I cut a square of stamping white card, spritzed with water and the applied brushos to make my background sky. I then applied Distress Oxide ink around a circle mask to create a moon outline, and pink DO inside the moon outline to give some dimension. I used a hill mask with DO’s to create landscape, then stamped my Lavinia fairies, trees and flowers in various shades of Versafine Clair. I added some stars using Versamark heat embossed with silver embossing powder, then used the head of one of my Lavinia dandelions to represent a firework burst, stamped three times around the moon and heat embossed in silver, white glitter and holographic EP. I stamped my sentiment over the moon, and applied silver stickers for the number 40 … in hindsight die cut numbers would have been better, but hey it’s done now. I highlighted everything liberally with my Sakura stardust pens to make it sparkle, then matted  the finished panel onto black linen card stock then onto my card base, and decorated the inside of the card and envelope to match.

Here's a pic of the matching envelope - also an angled shot to show the sparkle!


Stamps: Lavinia Dancing Till Dawn, Celestial Tree, Dandelions, Silhouette Foliage Set, Silhouette Grass, Stars Mini; Uniko Birthday Sentiments;
Media: Brushos (Ultramarine, Purple); Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Black Soot, Seedless Preserves, Chipped Sapphire, Spun Sugar); Versafine Clair (Nocturne, Medieval Blue, Charming Pink); Versafine (Majestic Blue, Imperial Purple); Versamark; coloured embossing powder (white tinsel, silver, holographic); Sakura Stardust pens (pink, clear).

Challenges I would like to enter:

AAA Birthdays #40 - Anything Birthday Goes
Country View Challenges (August) - Happy Birthday (2nd entry)
Creative Knockouts #466 - Anything Goes
DL.Art (August) - Anything Goes (3rd entry)
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes (2nd entry)

I hope the recipient will like this card and that she has a wonderful day. It is also a close friend of mine’s birthday today, so I will be back tomorrow to share the card I made for her. Until then, take care and thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

12 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Another WOW! card Pauline, your stamping and scene making are just awesome, I love this gorgeous card. It really does show celebration, Love the envelope too.
Faith x

Linby said...

It looks beautiful - my fave colours too!

Laurie said...

Just beautiful! Your background, colors, and the stamps you chose just work perfectly together. Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge!

Sarn said...

Another absolutely lovely Lavinia card from you Pauline. I have the Dancing Til Dawn stamp too and love it - a useful one to own!

Hope peace reigns at your place if work is finished.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Jane said...

I just adore the Lavinia fairies and paired up with those purples your card is right up my street. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

Linby said...

oops - missed that you linked at Stamping Sensations challenge - thanks for entering.

brenda said...

Another lovely Fairy creation Pauline, the hints of silver work well with purple, many thanks for sharing and joining us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Nonni said...

Wow, this is a stunning scene! I just love your stamping and inking, this looks so dimensional! Thank you for joining us at AAA Birthday!

Jane.D said...

WOW, this is absolutely stunning! Love the colours, so beautiful! Thank you fore sharing and playing along with us at AAA Birthday, hope to see you in future challenges too! Take care and keep crafting!

NatureFootstep said...

wow, I love your fairies. :) Wish I had some like that but I never seen them in Sweden
:)

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a gorgeous card! Loving the EP and glitters that you used, so pretty 😊. Thanks so much for joining us at Country View Challenges! Hugs Jo x

ionabunny said...

Gorgeous colours and scene and I love the matching envelope. Thanks for joining the fun at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity. Hugz