Saturday 20 August 2022

Allsorts Challenge # 690/691


Good morning everyone, and welcome to a new Allsorts Challenge. Due to the school holidays we have another two week challenge for you this time - Brenda has chosen the theme and it is

*** Anything Goes with option of Roses ***

A lovely option where we hope you may be inspired by all the summer roses blooming in the garden!

This week we have 2 fabulous prizes - first from Oakwood Direct 


is this adorable Stampendous House Mouse stamp


and secondly we have a prize from Ruth Hamilton Design of 3 digi images of the winner's choice.


Here's my card for this week.


I don't own a lot of stamps featuring roses, and although I love this one I'm always a bit unsure how to use it ... with its background stamping it demands to be cut into a panel which will form a card topper, but I can't seem to make it work with my design papers (probably as I’m so out of practice using them I’ve forgotten what I have!!). I therefore kept it simple and placed it on a simple stencilled background. 

Firstly I created a smoosh panel with Saltwater Taffy Distress Oxide and Antique Linen Distress ink, then stamped my image with Vintage Sepia Versafine and heat embossed. I coloured the flower with distress inks, then distressed the edges with my distress tool and edged the panel with more DI. I spattered the image panel with gold Posca pen then matted it onto some rose gold card stock which I cut into a deckle edge, and adhered to my card base which I had stencilled with DI. Finally I stamped my sentiment and heat embossed in gold, and added a few heart gems.

Here is an angled picture to show the gleam ... it also shows that my spattering went a bit unpredictable which sadly is a problem I tend to have all too often!


Stamps: Chocolate Baroque - Rose Stem Script; Hero Arts - Pen Love;
Media: Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Antique Linen, Tea Dye, Tattered Rose, Victorian Velvet, Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint); Tim Holtz Distress oxide ink (Saltwater Taffy); Vesafin (Vintage Sepia); Versamark; gold embossing powder;
Tools: Lavinia stencil - Divine.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Colour Crazy Craft Challenges #33 2022 - Anything Goes With Colouring
DL.Art (August) - Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Let's Craft and Create #186 - Anything Goes + option Feeling Distressed
Simon Says (Monday) - Fun With Stencils
Try It On Tuesday - Summer Blooms
Word Art Wednesday #557/558 - Anything Goes (2nd entry)

Hope you can join us for this two week challenge, and I look forward to seeing your entries. Don't forget to visit the challenge blog to see more fab inspiration from the rest of the team. Thanks for visiting.
Hugs,

15 comments:

brenda said...

A very effective design with the base stencilled elements Pauline.

B x

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a pretty card! It has a lovely vintage feel with the muted colours and gold splatters - gorgeous 😊. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! Hugs Jo x

Linby said...

A great idea to use stencilling as a background for this stamp. It looks beautiful.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

I think the stencilling is a beautiful background to showcase that wonderful stamp Pauline, it needs nothing more.
Lorraine

Ellibelle said...

I have a stamp like this too that I feel limited in the way to use it and even though I love it I very rarely reach for it.
But you've done a fabulous job with this one. The stenciling adds the perfect design on the background and love the golden spatter and the way you framed it.

Dena J said...

Stenciling is just right to add and not distract from that beautiful image. I love text around and the rose gold is so pretty, Pauline.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

How beautiful and sweet, love how you matched the scripted rose with the half stencilled background and the gold touches! I know very well how the splatters are unpredictable :) but yours look great!
Thanks for joining us at We Love Stamping!

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Pauline this is beautiful I love your chosen colours the Rose is gorgeous so is the stenciling thank you for joining us at We Love Stamping
hugs
lolo x

Sarn said...

Very pretty card and the stencilling behind it is just right xxx

Vicky Hayes said...

The stenciling is perfect for showcasing your beautiful topper Pauline and I love the organic splattering! Vicky x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Absolutely stunning card Pauline, I love your colours and colouring. Love that splattering.
Faith x

SarahR said...

Hi Pauline, your image is just gorgeous and the card is perfect! Really like the half stencilling, it does match well with the script on the background of the stamp. I also have stamps like this, brought because I like the look of them but then no idea how to best use them!

Thanks for joining in with us at Colour Crazy Craft Challenge, Sarah - DT

My Crafting corner said...

This is such a lovely card and I do love the distressing.
Thank you for joining our challenge at
Let's Craft and Create this week and good luck.. Ursula Uphof DT

Deanna Mulder said...

Beautiful card. Love it. Thanks for playing along with us at Let's Craft and Create. Deanna DT

Mervi said...

Fabulous stencilling and beautiful rose, delightful card. Thank you for sharing at We Love Stamping.